blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:38:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Clarkson did it again but what's wrong with the Beeb?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clarkson did it again but what's wrong with the Beeb?  (Read 13638 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« on: February 06, 2009, 10:32:46 PM »

"One-eyed Scottish idiot" is what he called Gordon Brown...apparently this is now offensive...though I don't quite see what part of it is.

A charity for the blind has complained that it is offensive (Though I never heard anyone complain when people slagged on that blind pillock of a Blunkett)..and I just heard Lord Foulkes on the ten o'clock news say that "If Ross gets supsended for three months, and Carol Thatcher gets sacked for calling someone a golliwog in a private off-air conversation, then surely some action need to be taken against Clarkson for his comments"

Am I nuts? Is calling the prime minister a One Eyed Scottish Idiot as bad as calling a black tennis player a Golliwog or phoning an old man up and telling him how you banged his grand daughter?

Clarkson apologised.."I shouldn't have commented on his personal appearance", surely that's more than enough?

Why is it "Piss on the Beeb" season in this country?

And why do we ask Lord Faulkes about this?..after all, he's not exactly as clean as a whistle, is he?...Maybe slightly more serious than calling someone a one-eyed-scottish-idiot?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article5614892.ece

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 10:36:07 PM »

Of course it offensive Boldie, you take it to a different level when you call a man Scottish
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 10:43:25 PM »

Brown suffered a massive eye injury when he was a kid playing rugby and can only see out of one eye, he very nearly lost use of the other eye too apparently. I agree that we see loads of over reactions to all kind of things these days but Clarkson is a disgrace in almost everything he does and he's overstepped the mark a little again here. Similar to Thatcher, not a big deal but he shouldn't have done it imo.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

Of course it offensive Boldie, you take it to a different level when you call a man Scottish

fair point..also have to say I expect the union of grammar teachers to step forward soon as well saying that Clarkson's language was shocking as "Surely when you say scottish you don't also need to say idiot, it's implied" Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:54:29 PM »

Brown suffered a massive eye injury when he was a kid playing rugby and can only see out of one eye, he very nearly lost use of the other eye too apparently. I agree that we see loads of over reactions to all kind of things these days but Clarkson is a disgrace in almost everything he does and he's overstepped the mark a little again here. Similar to Thatcher, not a big deal but he shouldn't have done it imo.

Part1; Yeah we know he only has sight from one eye, what's the big deal?
Partv 2; Clarkson is a disgrace....yeah..well that would colour your opinion a bit, wouldn't it?

Similar to Thatcher?Huh?Huh??..Are you shitting me?

kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 10:59:11 PM »

Carol Thatcher unlike her mother is ignorant but not malicious (just for the avoidance of doubt her mother was both), what she said is unquestionably stupid. IMO thatcher junior and clarkson are both guilty of different forms stupidity/ignorance that makes them in this context quite similar.

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 11:11:33 PM »

TBF the BBC dish it out enough, like they run the gaff, i dont mind it when they get it in the neck.

look at the weather and how theyve reported it, after listening to them bang on about the ineptitude of local government for 7 days solid now they'd be able to convince you that you'd be in better shape having robert mugabe take charge of thames water than let borough councils get on and do their thing.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 11:15:26 PM »

Carol Thatcher unlike her mother is ignorant but not malicious (just for the avoidance of doubt her mother was both IMO), what she said is unquestionably stupid. IMO thatcher junior and clarkson are both guilty of different forms stupidity/ignorance that makes them in this context quite similar.

FYP
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 11:19:26 PM »

ty for the fix, I realised just after I posted that the bracketed section could probably use an imo, I was going to do it myself but you saved me the trouble. 
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 11:22:14 PM »

ty for the fix, I realised just after I posted that the bracketed section could probably use an imo, I was going to do it myself but you saved me the trouble. 

No problem - happy to prevent unneccesary hassle.  Roll Eyes
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 10:22:43 AM »

No problem - happy to prevent unneccesary hassle.  Roll Eyes

Too late I've already asked the BBC to cut off kukushkin's transmission and write to him to say that if he works for them he's sacked
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 10:48:21 AM »

fml, I was gonna have a few mates round to watch the rugby later as well.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »

Lol

How are these two things even close. Thather is an idiot for saying something like that, its racist ignorant and just plain stupid coming from someone in the spotlight.

Clarkson. Er? Was one word of it wrong? Has he not got one eye? Is he not a bumbling idiot?
Why should Clarkson get into trouble for not only speaking the truth, its also what anyone with any sense must think of him.

Brown is on route to ruining this country.

Just out of interest what do people want as Mr Clarksons punishment? Im pretty sure Ross was strapped for cash and things to do while he was suspended. Not to forget poor Russell Brand his career is in tatters after resigning from the BBC!

Imo if my granddaughter was a satanic slut i would already assume that Russell Brand had already ravaged her.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »

Lol

How are these two things even close. Thather is an idiot for saying something like that, its racist ignorant and just plain stupid coming from someone in the spotlight.

Clarkson. Er? Was one word of it wrong? Has he not got one eye? Is he not a bumbling idiot?
Why should Clarkson get into trouble for not only speaking the truth, its also what anyone with any sense must think of him.

Just out of interest what do people want as Mr Clarksons punishment? Im pretty sure Ross was strapped for cash and things to do while he was suspended. Not to forget poor Russell Brand his career is in tatters after resigning from the BBC!

Imo if my granddaughter was a satanic slut i would already assume that Russell Brand had already ravaged her.

+1 crazy rant point for the crazy rant league imo

well played
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 03:06:37 PM by thetank » Logged

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Hairydude

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 03:04:55 PM »

Lol

What exactly is the reason you feel Brown is on route to ruining the country? What would you change?

I dont really have an opinion one way or the other-just interested in other peoples views- for example do you blame him for the current economic climate/Recession??

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: