blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 01:06:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  This forum is dying - discuss
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This forum is dying - discuss  (Read 41259 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2012, 11:10:15 AM »

1554 views and 121 replies in under a day debating whether the forum is dying suggests that it's not, to me!

Evolving, yes, as it has done many times before, but not dying.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »

Blonde has been pretty good to me over the years.  I am an occasional poster who has never been in the so called "clique" (and there is/was one) and I don't believe it's dying, it's just that some of the posters who were around when I joined are no longer here it seems.

To some people, those posters used to provide a lot of interesting topics to discuss as well as organising some social events etc.  It's just changed a little, not dying.

I have had a good sky deal from a blonde member, a betting syndicate which enabled me to gain a profit before I decided to leave, and not forgetting many useful bits of advice on general life issues too.

The posters that I remember most from the "early days" were

Boldie
Horneris
Chip Rich
Sharplea
Kinboshi
Laxie
Colchester Kev

There are many others I can't remember for now, but to me it's members like these who maybe don't post as much as they used to (could be wrong) and for various reasons which some of you are well aware of I'm sure.

Like I say, it's not dying, just different people are contributing the most these days.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2012, 11:57:24 AM »

?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »

Its not now. I have no idea why it was.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »

1554 views and 121 replies in under a day debating whether the forum is dying suggests that it's not, to me!

Evolving, yes, as it has done many times before, but not dying.

Yeah just shows the potential it has if here were lots of threads and no diaries

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2012, 12:08:12 PM »

what has or is?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2012, 12:09:22 PM »

what has or is?

"Why is the forum is dying thread locked?"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »

@Fraser, how you describe what happened with Aaron in that PHA thread (I think that's what you're referring to) isn't quite how I saw it.

It wasn't him commenting on a good players thread and being told he wasn't qualified. It was HIM telling legit sickos that they were wrong, and he was being really obtuse and arrogant about their opinions, insisting he was correct and they were wrong (about a really basic piece of poker theory). So the thread turned into people wasting their time banging their heads against the wall trying to explain very constructively to aaron why he was wrong. That is what prompted the "abuse", because he spoilt what could've been a really good thread started by Brammer (iirc) who never posts on PHA and hasn't posted since.

I don't read the betting section, but have since seen many posts by Aaron that imo warrant a certain amount of flaming eg abusing PW for his play in a deepstack thread and saying he'd steal money from a backer if he was under it.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2012, 12:15:59 PM »

Yeah the aaron situation is perhaps abit out of hand.

On any other forum he would probably e seen as a great poster but here in the sports section we have pro punters,  in the PHA we have some of the best players in the country and in the rail we have some of the guys who have been here forever and understand what poker is about.

It could be a great educational tool as he is very passionate but I you ever spend any time telling him why his pint is wrong ad explaining why your post is right such as the threads alex mentioned he replies very poorly and defensively.

I was v similar to this around 4 years ago and actually learned a lot about poker, life and sports from posting on multiple forums.

The stealing serenade was maybe a bit naive from him but it's things like that which stick and why he may always get a hard time on here.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2012, 12:18:29 PM »

@Fraser, how you describe what happened with Aaron in that PHA thread (I think that's what you're referring to) isn't quite how I saw it.

It wasn't him commenting on a good players thread and being told he wasn't qualified. It was HIM telling legit sickos that they were wrong, and he was being really obtuse and arrogant about their opinions, insisting he was correct and they were wrong (about a really basic piece of poker theory). So the thread turned into people wasting their time banging their heads against the wall trying to explain very constructively to aaron why he was wrong. That is what prompted the "abuse", because he spoilt what could've been a really good thread started by Brammer (iirc) who never posts on PHA and hasn't posted since.

I don't read the betting section, but have since seen many posts by Aaron that imo warrant a certain amount of flaming eg abusing PW for his play in a deepstack thread and saying he'd steal money from a backer if he was under it.

Agreed with u & Pleno . That kid is really out of order.
#FreakingWeirdo
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2012, 12:18:59 PM »

I think its the nature of all forums that people hail to the 'good old days'.  These good old days are usually when they first joined/were most active and it was something new and they enjoyed it more.  Can think of many forums, all of different subjects, that I've been a part of that have had this discussion.

It's very likely in 2/3 years there will be a number of prominent posters that leave the forum or leave poker all together and this will be discussed yet again.

Very interesting the problems with the admin of the forum tho. I do somewhat think that its a shame that the front page isn't used much but understand the problems with time/cost and I can't see it adding a great deal of value either as there are many other places to get poker news/stories from.

But yeah blonde is fine and will continue to be for a long time to come, certainly for as long as Tighty is at the helm.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2012, 12:21:14 PM »

what has or is?

"Why is the forum is dying thread locked?"

oops. That might of been me. Was browsing on my iphone and think I accidently hit the lock button. Thought i'd clicked something else in time!

Blue text
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2012, 12:24:37 PM »

Yeah the aaron situation is perhaps abit out of hand.

On any other forum he would probably e seen as a great poster but here in the sports section we have pro punters,  in the PHA we have some of the best players in the country and in the rail we have some of the guys who have been here forever and understand what poker is about.

It could be a great educational tool as he is very passionate but I you ever spend any time telling him why his pint is wrong ad explaining why your post is right such as the threads alex mentioned he replies very poorly and defensively.

I was v similar to this around 4 years ago and actually learned a lot about poker, life and sports from posting on multiple forums.

The stealing serenade was maybe a bit naive from him but it's things like that which stick and why he may always get a hard time on here.
debateable Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2012, 01:13:48 PM »

Although I remember this PHA thread too my comments were not related to this specific case ,they were more general, though in the main from the Betting section .Taking Aaron as an example again I think its fair to say "He struggles to know how to get his point across", can "sometimes engage mouth before brain", and with his choice of words can provoke people into OTT responses .Im not particularly defending this guy ( I dont know him)my thoughts were merely to highlight possible reasons that could stop members from posting .I do feel  people can "rise above it" take into account posters short comings and try to make allowances . I know this is not always possible, as I saw Pads was really trying his best to be the voice of reason last week (before giving up) but if somebody is willing to register opinions (good or bad) at least they are stimulating debate and as a consequence shouldnt deserve public humiliation .(unless totally out of order )
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 01:25:07 PM by FUN4FRASER » Logged
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2012, 01:31:04 PM »

I think it's far more likely people are put off posting because of Aaron than put off because of how he's treated.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: