blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 05:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272703 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Final Table - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Dublin EPT: Final Table - Interactive  (Read 26940 times)
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »

Chili, snoops, I need your help.

I am stuck at Dublin Airport, waiting for a delayed Compo, who's with Tim, the Sound/Cameraman Chappie. Their delayed flight is now due in at 18.25.

Can you have a word with Annette please - tell her to SLOW DOWN. We don't want it to end before our Cameraman arrives....Wink

Oh, & I LOVED the Collage!

See you guys later.

Cheers Tikay, ok no problem.  I will go now and prod Annette in the ribs, hopefully inducing some winding but no lasting damage  Wink

Did Tikay make it?

I'm afraid there is no sign of the ol fella.

He recently arrived in the press room with Dave Compton looking rather dandy with his bright pink tie on.  Don't worry, he survives Dublin airport and is straight in the thick of it doing some interviews as we speak.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2007, 09:28:46 PM »

As the organisers pack away their gear and the Main Event atmosphere fizzles, it's business as usual as everyone continues with their cash game or STT as if the final table never took place. The buzz diminishes and we are left wondering who will be the next Reuben Peters come Prague time.

For us updaters, it's time to bring to a close this week's updates which we hope you have enjoyed as much as we have. We'd also like to take the time to say a few thanks. First and foremost, we can't forget the Pokerstars brand, and in particular media coordinator Mad Harper who, as is always the case, has catered to our every need when we have voiced a moan, complaint or gripe. In a corporate engulfing industry in which events such as the WPT and WSOP and slowly but surely blocking out the media organisations that have done so much to promote their brands, it's reassuring to feel that Pokerstars do what they can to aid us in our reporting of the tournament.

Similarly, the RDS have been equally accommodating to us bloggers, providing us with full access to the tables, a free buffet and nice, spacious venue from which to undertake our updates. The location may not be to everyone's taste, and at times there was a certain lack of buzz and atmosphere, but overall I feel that everything went to plan.

Finally, a big thumbs up to not only the Dublin EPT Champion Reuben Peters, but also 19-year old sensation Annette Obrestad, who proved once again that her capabilities go much further than her computer keyboard and mouse at home. I'm sure we'll see both add to these achievements in the very near future.

Toodle pip, peeps!

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 09:31:05 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »

wow shocked to see annette 'only' second, congrat to seeanchor tho fine performance. Great updates all week soppy and chilli, and the final hand update was superbly relayed to us readers, good work as ever...see you in amsterdam
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2007, 10:28:01 PM »

Many Thanks Snoops & Chili, thoroughly enjoyable updates. 

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Chili

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »

Just as I was about to pack, I recieved the official press release from Pokerstars.  I thought it would be great to post it here as a round up of events and Final Table Standings. 

Courtesy of Mad Harper at Pokerstars;

REUBEN PETERS BETTERS 'ANNETTE_15' TO TAKE EPT DUBLIN TITLE

Date: Saturday, November 3, 2007
Venue: Royal Dublin Society, Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Event: PokerStars.com EPT Dublin, €8,000 No Limit Texas Hold'em poker tournament

PokerStars qualifier Reuben Peters from Colorado, USA, won the PokerStars European Poker Tour Dublin title - and more than €500,000 - after beating Annette Obrestad, the teenage phenomenon from Norway. Peters successfully overturned a massive chip lead against Obrestad, 19, who won £1m at the World Series of Poker Europe in September.

Looking stunned after his victory, Peters said: "I've had horrible cards for a day and a half. I was the short stack at the final table and at one point I was down to five big blinds.

"I've played against Annette a lot online so I know the way she plays but I've never met her face-to-face. She is an excellent player, and I never expected to win."

The 45-year-old stock trader - "seaanchor" online - is a regular PokerStars qualifier. He has won several seats at the PCA and the WSOP (where he cashed in the main event last year). Peters' wife Amy is back home looking after the couple's two children - Charlie, 12, and Martha-Jane,14.

Annette Obrestad dominated the final table in Dublin and had a five to one chip lead over Peters once they were down to two players. She was clearly dissatisfied at the way she allowed Peters to recover, and the €297,800 prize money for second place was little consolation: "I'm not happy. I thought I played pretty well but I made a couple of mistakes heads up."

Known online as "Annette_15", Obrestad became the youngest ever WSOP bracelet winner in September. She is also one of only five women to make an EPT final table: Vicky Coren (who won EPT London last season), Anina Gundesen, Xuyen Pham and Team PokerStars Pros Katja Thater and Isabelle Mercier.

A record six PokerStars qualifiers made the final table of this year's EPT Dublin - and walked away with over €943,000 ($1.3m). Peters also wins a €10,000 seat to the EPT Grand Final, which takes place in Monte Carlo in April 2008.

"Annette has been the talk of the town in Dublin, and she personally bust out six of the top ten players, including local favourite Andy Black. Everybody expected her to take Peters apart in the final heads up, but the American proved a tough nut to crack. Given the high quality of the field in Dublin, he deserves the title," said Conrad Brunner, PokerStars' Head of Communications, EMEA.

A total of 221 players from 26 countries competed in Dublin creating a prize pool of €1,701,700. They included 60 players who won their seats online with PokerStars, as well as Team PokerStars Pros Noah Boeken, Luca Pagano, Dario Minieri, Katja Thater and Bertrand "ElkY" Grospellier. Both Noah and Luca cashed - Noah came 14th for €20,420 in his sixth EPT cash. Luca came 24th for €10,210 in his 7th cash.

The next EPT is in Prague from December 5-10, 2007 followed by the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure in January. Satellites for Prague, the PCA and the EPT Grand Final are running on PokerStars now. Satellites for EPT Dortmund (January 29 - February 2) start on December 3, 2007

Final table/payouts: in euro's

1   Reuben   Peters   USA            532620
2   Annette   Obrestad   Norway   297800
3   Reijo   Manninen   Finland        178680
4   Trond   Eidsvig   Norway         127630
5   Daan   Ruiter   Holland           105510
6   Anders   Pettersson   Sweden   83380
7   Michael   Durrer   Germany       66370
8   Thierry   Van den Berg   Holland    47650
9   Casper   Hansen   Denmark         30630

taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2007, 11:24:08 PM »

Top Quality:

image removed
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:44:45 AM by taximan007 » Logged

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
jslaso

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2007, 12:33:26 AM »

Seat 4: Annette Obrestad, 19, from Norway – 788,000

The "Annette_15" rumours began surfacing last year, about how a Norwegian teenager was spreading fear and panic on the internet with a super aggressive and highly lucrative style of play. Reputations were destroyed and egos crushed. For many, the first public sighting of this internet phenomenon was at the EPT Grand Final last March, but her early forays into live play were unspectacular. Clearly, she was waiting for the top prize in Europe, which she landed when picking up the WSOP Europe title and a cheque for £1m.

Just give her the damn trophy already.
Spoke too soon

If they played the heads up out 100x, Annette would win 90 of them.  Shit happens.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2007, 02:56:30 PM »

Great updates - well done Snoops and Chilli - great read on a Sunday afternoon - thanks x
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2007, 04:53:58 PM »

Just caught up, great updates gang.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: