blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:45:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Outing a Blonde member for his dealings on this staking board
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Outing a Blonde member for his dealings on this staking board  (Read 4532 times)
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »

I have only met Dave Shallow once, and thought he was a nice guy who was fun to chat to. But given his recent behaviour, and his attempts to keep it quiet and off forum, I feel the need to publicly out this guy - so all Blondes know exactly what sort of person they are dealing with.

I invested in his most recent tournament package (only 1% since it was sold out before I saw the thread, but I was allowed 1% as 'good karma') and this morning I received a PM that he had sent out to all investors. In this PM he said he was not happy with his play in the St Kitts tournament and apologised for this. He then went on to explain that he was not going to play the rest of the tournaments on his schedule and would be refunding all money owed.

None of this is a big issue of course. People do sometimes play badly on stakes, it is all part of the risk we take when we buy pieces. And people do sometimes decide not to enter events and refund the respective money. Again no biggy.

What is a big deal, however, is that Dubai then went on to explain that he was going to refund all investors their money for a tournament in Luton that he had already played and that he was also going to refund the markup for the St Kitts tournament. The total refunds will come to approximately £1000. Dubai says he is going to match this amount (for his 49% share in himself) and then use the fund to buy into three big online tournaments. Thus all investors will have a total freeroll from him for three $1k online tournaments.

IMO this is a completely unprovoked and gratuitous display of decency, generosity and class. And moreover, Dubai has the audacity to try to keep his actions private through using PMs, perhaps lest his reputation for hedonism and degeneracy becomes surpassed by his reputation for integrity and responsibility.

Dave, I believe you have demonstrated great ethics and a ton of class in your actions. As I stated before in your staking thread after Luton, I don't believe giving any refunds/freerolls is at all necessary. However, it is extremely generous of you and I think everyone should know that there are still people with integrity around in the poker world. I had been told by many people who know you well that you are a complete legend... it would seem they were speaking the truth.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »

This sort of behaviour needs to be outed so all can be aware of his despicable actions.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention Stuart.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 12:47:31 PM »

Vee nice and classy gesture!

No doubt he will be too pissed from Crimbo to play the freerolls though..

Gotta love the guy.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 12:55:05 PM »

I behaved, acted and played like a twat during the main event. I wanted to refund the whole buyin but 2 very good players and flushy pointed out that even if u don't look at your cards you're never 0.0 in a tournament and a very short day 1 meant that refunding markup was the correct thing to do. It's fine to donk your own money but shouldn't do it to others, lacks professionalism (if I've got any) and is obviously wrong
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »

Wow when i read the first few lines i had a horrible feeling inside, glad i kept on reading.
Top marks to you Dave and i hope to meet up with ya soon for a beer, Eso's paying tho..

Satellite King
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 01:04:12 PM »

While it's obviously a great gesture, I think it's totally unnecessary.

Everyone knows what sort of player Dave is, buying a share in Dubai is like buying a percentage in Ronnie O'Sullivan's action in a snooker tournament.

You are a getting a piece of the best player in the tournament, but he's just as likely to throw it in and lose 5-0 to a hacker as win it all with a couple of 147s on the way.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »

I am very disappointed with his actions.  This is clearly an attempt to buy his way out of an obligation to write a long trip report that he promised if he bricked every event.

Joking apart I agree with Keith.  Whats more almost everyone that is a regular backing you is a significant lifetime winner doing so.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 01:20:21 PM »

Very disappointed this wasn't a scandal tbh. Blonde is dying ffs someone do something!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 01:22:22 PM »

While it's obviously a great gesture, I think it's totally unnecessary.

Everyone knows what sort of player Dave is, buying a share in Dubai is like buying a percentage in Ronnie O'Sullivan's action in a snooker tournament.

You are a getting a piece of the best player in the tournament, but he's just as likely to throw it in and lose 5-0 to a hacker as win it all with a couple of 147s on the way.

Yes this is exactly my view on the issue. When we buy a piece in anyone there are millions of possible outcomes/variables and these all factor into a big EV equation. The horse not playing his best is just one of those variables. With Dubai, I bought a piece knowing that sometimes it might be a slightly bad bet, but other times it will be a great bet. Combine the two possibilities and you have a good bet.

There was no need for Dave to make this offer. It is a very classy thing to do though.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:46 PM »

I behaved, acted and played like a twat during the main event. I wanted to refund the whole buyin but 2 very good players and flushy pointed out that even if u don't look at your cards you're never 0.0 in a tournament and a very short day 1 meant that refunding markup was the correct thing to do. It's fine to donk your own money but shouldn't do it to others, lacks professionalism (if I've got any) and is obviously wrong

dang, i thought u played good "shrug"

Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 02:02:01 PM »

Read Dubai's pm to me as i was small investor in the stake before i saw this thread. Absolutely 100% agree with HoneyB, pure class etc and i thanked him for his honesty. Cheers

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »

Not enjoying the slowroll. Had already burst into tears, dropped to my knees and cried "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

in b4 tapin.

Fantastic gesture Dubai.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 02:20:23 PM »

the real winners in this coup are the innocent railbirds who thought they were having a nice quiet carribean holiday

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »

All Dave told me I can say on the matter is that "Shallow can drink at an alarming pace" oh and "Rum Punch's FTW!!!!"

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 02:45:36 PM »

Can anyone upload any footage if Daves antics. Could help him sell out quicker in future.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: