blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 01:23:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179510 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1635 on: May 24, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »

You never heard of maps?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 24, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »

You never heard of maps?

Don't need maps when ya haz a Mary.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
mgd
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 24, 2011, 07:48:09 PM »

I am now connected,, but how do I get to see you play, I have forgotten.. my oh my.. what to do,, hope you got home safe, and I am no SAT NAV, I  just bluff it...  LMAO
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 24, 2011, 08:05:34 PM »

FOL's there's 2 of them

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 24, 2011, 08:06:12 PM »

Does Mary has medal?

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 24, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »

I am now connected,, but how do I get to see you play, I have forgotten.. my oh my.. what to do,, hope you got home safe, and I am no SAT NAV, I  just bluff it...  LMAO

Log on to yer skypoker account goose!  Then find Blonde Club 4 and click on it.  Make sure wee box at the bottom that says Reg Only is tick free if ya can't find it listed.  Don't worry about fleas though...we're clear that way. 

In the tourney lobby you'll see a tab that says tables and players.  Click on it.  Then find me name and click on observe table.  Bob's yer uncle and Mary's yer...walking talking SAT NAV. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 24, 2011, 09:03:26 PM »

FOL's there's 2 of them

Geo

Translation for Mary - FOL = feck our lives

And yeah Geo...yer not far off there.   

Does Mary has medal?

Geo

Mary has no medals yet.  She's new to this poker carry on.  I's teachin' her.  God help us all.

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 25, 2011, 08:36:52 AM »

Hello Mary, Welcome. x

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 25, 2011, 10:44:24 AM »

Now then...I owe you lot a trip report.  Celtic Chaos.  Well, it may have been chaotic if more of the people on the 'interested' list had actually made the trip.  But as it happens, we got our backside kicked when so many other things hit the schedule on those same dates.  Might seem odd, but I was genuinely glad of that.  There was a lot going on behind the scenes and those close friends who made the trip, handled everything to perfection.  Couldn't have asked for a better bunch.

Friday I hitched a ride with Bridget to Kerry airport.  I'd baked a cheese cake the night before, but got distracted when I should have been concentrating on the fruit glaze for the top of it.  Blaming it on a skype chat with Ger and Jack til the wee hours.  Anyway, woke at 6:30am Friday to tear into it, but do ya think it would set in time for the ride to the airport?  Obv not.  Add to that, cling film that didn't even cling to itself and a lunatic driver in Bridget.  I was wearing some of the glaze by the time we got to the airport.  Marv. 

Arrived to find Paulie had too.  He was sat outside when I walked up.  Huh?!

"Why aren't you at the bar having a pint?"

"I didn't know there was one."

I've no idea how Kerry Airport got the 'International' title thrown into it's name because it's a tiny spot, but yer in Ireland...of course there's a bar!!! 

Introduced Paulie and Bridget, ordered our pints and waited for the arrival of the Manchester four.  Somehow Paulie and I got confused looking at the 'arrivals' screen.  We got it in our heads they were landing at 13:35 so I rang the taxi to inform him of the delay.  Only it was the departures screen we'd been looking at.  Just as well because Boldie had checked a bag.  He's such a girl.  By the time he collected his girly bag, I'd my time with Jack and we sank a couple of drinks, our taxi driver was giving gentle nudges to please get our backsides out to his minivan.  It's a good job Charlie was a patient man.  This wouldn't be his first time trying to gather us...but he'd have his revenge later.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 25, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »

Friday was spent mostly catching up and chilling out.  We checked in to the hotel and I have to say, I was a bit worried about that.  I'd never been there and wasn't sure of the state of the place, but it was nice enough.  They held the brownies and cheesecake in their fridge for us and were generally a really nice lot. 

Tossed our bags into rooms and made our way to the bar.  Jack and I were trying to behave, but not sure if the rest would agree.  lol  After a few rounds it was off to Murphy's Bar where we had a bite to eat.  Much needed soakage in preparation for the rest of the day.  By now the drinks were hitting us a bit.  Ger had already made a new friend too....

Click to see full-size image.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 25, 2011, 11:09:36 AM »

The pints were starting to take their toll on us, so I suggested we head to a place called The Kube where they serve cocktails.  That's where it all went a bit silly.  This couple decided they'd like us to join them...so we did.  Coats were flying, so were the laughs and so were a few of the people if memory serves me right...but we won't go there.  Copious Long Island Ice Teas and Mojitos later, we finished up and said our goodbyes to the couple. 

Paulie is the type that if you say, "We're off"...he's off.  Only, the rest of us got sidetracked on the way back to the hotel.  Well, I got sidetracked and the rest either followed or stayed glued to the front door of the shop I'd gone in to.  Needed a sheep.  Made perfect sense to get it then, at near enough midnight, after lots of ice teas.  Found one too.  And a cool sheep it was.  But we lost Paulie in the process.  Luckily Ger found him when we got back to the hotel and had our last round or two before calling it a night.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 25, 2011, 11:19:20 AM »

Saturday.  Sigh.  I'd such grand plans for us on the Saturday.  I'd a horse and carriage booked to collect us at the hotel at 1:30.  We were to be carried to the lake where a boat was waiting to take us on an hour's trip around the place.  Then the horse and carriage were carrying us back to the pub of our choice for the Reverse Sheep Quiz.  But Mother Nature stuck her nose in and threw a proper spanner into the works.  It rained.  Lots.  Non-stop.  FFS!

Ah well.  The boat has cover, so we can still do that.  I'll just get Charlie to collect us instead of the carriage.  Famous last words.  Sarah arrived.  Followed shortly by a horse and carriage who never got the message from the office, and leading the rear was taxi Charlie...who had to wait for us yet again as we fixed up for our meal and finished drinks.  Meanwhile, Ger had to break the news to the horsey guy that he'd been cancelled over an hour ago.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 25, 2011, 11:24:21 AM »

The boat ride would have been great if you could see anything.    Between the fogged up windows on the inside and the pelting mist outside.............

Boldie and MrsB making the best of it.  Side note - she's not used to a session.  We'd a proper session of it Friday.  She wasn't well.  And she went on a boat.  The woman is a ROCK!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:30:16 AM by Laxie » Logged

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 25, 2011, 11:29:26 AM »

Paulie, Ger and Sarah pretending we're in the Bahamas

Or San Diego even....

But Paulie copped on in the end

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 25, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

Awwwwwww, don't ya just want to cuddle him?

Ps  That's Jack in case ya weren't sure.

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: