blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:01:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Food/Cooking thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Food/Cooking thread  (Read 30227 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 12:57:26 AM »

Great thread

Favourite restaurant- Pied a Terre
Favourite chain restaurant- Pizza Express
Favourite cuisine- French
Favourite friday night takeaway- Jerk Chicken and Festival
Favourite lunchtime fast food- Greggs corned beef pasty
Guilty Pleasure- chocolate of every type
Death row order- Jamon Iberico de belota with a bottle of Vega Sicillia

Got a question for the foodies on here.  Got an evening out with some Finnish guys that I am doing some business with.  I offered them their choice of cuisine for dinner and they replied, to my dismay, Chinese and in particular somewhere that has good duck.  We are going to the football (England game) first so it will be late-ish but keen for somewhere good but not too dressy.  Any ideas?  Price not really an issue but quality is for me at least.

Not read the rest of the replies yet but this has to be either Hakkasan (Hanway place) incredible food, great vibe that caters to the informal.  Good drinks etc as well which i am sure will be necessary. Also good for later eating. The alternative would be Mr Chows in Knightsbridge, incredible food served impeccably, the starters are out of this world and the duck was excellent. The only drawback is it has a much quieter feel too it which might not go down with post football eating.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2013, 01:10:06 AM »

Favourite restaurant - La Perdrix Blanche - Val D'Isere

Ever tried Auberge Saint-Hubert?

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2013, 09:01:56 AM »

Favourite restaurant - Andrew Fairlie @ Gleneagles

Favourite chain restaurant - Middletons Steakhouse (Well there are 2)

Favourite cuisine - Szechuan Chinese

Favourite friday night takeaway - Mixed Chicken & Donna Nan, Red Cabbage and loads of Chili sauce

Favourite lunch time fast food - Hot Lamb baguette and mint sauce

Guilty Pleasure - KFC

Death row order - Honey and Mustard gammon, mange tout, rosti & roasted peppers.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »

Dubai - What is your method for cooking a curry? Pretty much got my method nailed down but always interested to hear how others do it.

Blue text
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2013, 10:37:03 AM »

I'm just having lunch in a Tibetan restaurant.

Manchow soup ,

beef momos -  fried not steamed

Shaptra. - which is a type of  Tibetan  beef chilly

Tingmo -  a Tibetan spongy bread 

All washed down with a large bottle of Kingfisher beer and the token bottle of mineral water. 

Price - 500 rupees ( £ 5.80 approx)

I have took photos but I need to know how to upload from my phone.

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »

Photobucket app

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2013, 10:52:23 AM »

Photobucket app

Ok thanks will try later

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 22, 2013, 01:35:35 PM »

This thread has made me think of some Great Food Combinations

I know there are a lot......... My Top 5

1  Ham / Bacon  and Eggs
2  Fish / Seafood and Lemon
3  Liver / Sausage and  Fried Onions
4  Tomato and Basil
5  Roast Beef and Horseradish / English Mustard
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2013, 02:52:20 PM »

Favourite restaurant-  London...... Oxo Tower ....  Always good food with a great view looking over The Thames especially when the sun sets

Great thread....Really hungry after writing this   Smiley

I have only been to the Oxo Tower once and I thought it was bad value.  But it seems popular elsewhere (see below), so maybe I was just unlucky. 

"I took my work colleague up the OXO Tower recently; let’s call him Andy for the sake of anonymity, as a thank you for work well done during the previous year. Having been there many times before with other people, I was a little surprised at the nervous trepidation clearly displayed by Andy before entry. But the nerves soon subsided after the first course. We were joined later by some friends and Andy was clearly into the swing of things by this point.

The Oxo Tower is often underrated but never overstated. Highly recommended."

George

--------------------------------

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

Rachel

---------------------------------

"I agree with Rachel - Last Friday evening I tried to take my girlfriend up the Oxo Tower but unfortunately we found it was completely full, so despite our best efforts, we just couldn't get in. I even greased the odd palm in the hope of slipping in without too much of a fuss, but I didn't want to push it. .

The next weekend we planned ahead and I have to say, the whole thing was much smoother. Of course, it was still a bit of a tight squeeze, but we took our time, didn't rush in, and to my delight, we got inside.

One piece of advice: if you've never been there before, you might be a bit put off by the surroundings - sometimes you might find a few rather unattractive-looking hangers-on near the entrance but my advice is just keep your eyes firmly on the front door and before you know it, you'll be safe inside.

So go on - give it a try. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I know we'll be going back as often as we can."

Jason

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2013, 03:26:11 PM »

Favourite restaurant-  London...... Oxo Tower ....  Always good food with a great view looking over The Thames especially when the sun sets

Great thread....Really hungry after writing this   Smiley

I have only been to the Oxo Tower once and I thought it was bad value.  But it seems popular elsewhere (see below), so maybe I was just unlucky. 

"I took my work colleague up the OXO Tower recently; let’s call him Andy for the sake of anonymity, as a thank you for work well done during the previous year. Having been there many times before with other people, I was a little surprised at the nervous trepidation clearly displayed by Andy before entry. But the nerves soon subsided after the first course. We were joined later by some friends and Andy was clearly into the swing of things by this point.

The Oxo Tower is often underrated but never overstated. Highly recommended."

George

--------------------------------

"When my boyfriend told me he wanted to take me up the Oxo Tower for my birthday, I was a bit hesitant at first because I didn't really think it was my scene. How wrong I was! I mean, yeah, so it's a bit of a strain on the old back pocket, and I admit I did feel a bit uncomfortable initially. But a couple of cocktails helped me relax and soon I was really getting into it - we carried on well into the night. It was a great experience and I really loved it - so much so that I won't let my boyfriend take me anywhere else now! So if anyone ever wants to take you up the Oxo Tower, just throw caution to the wind and go for it!"

Rachel

---------------------------------

"I agree with Rachel - Last Friday evening I tried to take my girlfriend up the Oxo Tower but unfortunately we found it was completely full, so despite our best efforts, we just couldn't get in. I even greased the odd palm in the hope of slipping in without too much of a fuss, but I didn't want to push it. .

The next weekend we planned ahead and I have to say, the whole thing was much smoother. Of course, it was still a bit of a tight squeeze, but we took our time, didn't rush in, and to my delight, we got inside.

One piece of advice: if you've never been there before, you might be a bit put off by the surroundings - sometimes you might find a few rather unattractive-looking hangers-on near the entrance but my advice is just keep your eyes firmly on the front door and before you know it, you'll be safe inside.

So go on - give it a try. Maybe it's not for everyone, but I know we'll be going back as often as we can."

Jason

Heheheheehehhehehe
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2013, 03:27:18 PM »

Tried Ravioli last night. Barely got out of the starting blocks so turned it into a lasagna instead. Worked out well in the end despite the initial fail.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2013, 06:14:59 PM »

Favourite restaurant - Nandos (Though it usually changes to the last place I ate at)
Favourite chain restaurant - TGI Friday
Favourite cuisine - Indian
Favourite friday night takeaway - Indian (Chicken Dansak Vindaloo Hot)
Favourite lunch time fast food - Subway (Always the Italian meat one....)
Guilty Pleasure - McDonalds Breakfast
Death row order - Philosopher's stone
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2013, 06:38:24 PM »

I think I went once to impress a girlfriend with their fondue.

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2013, 08:01:57 PM »

This thread has made me think of some Great Food Combinations

I know there are a lot......... My Top 5

1  Ham / Bacon  and Eggs
2  Fish / Seafood and Lemon
3  Liver / Sausage and  Fried Onions
4  Tomato and Basil
5  Roast Beef and Horseradish / English Mustard

One of my fave combinations is Cod and Chorizo.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:02 PM »

I think I went once to impress a girlfriend with their fondue.

Ha good work, some fantastic restaurants in Val D, going to try a few more next season for sure.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: