blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP 2013  (Read 186675 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: July 04, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »

Think it depends on how much he has lost this week. I mean, 25k is nice, but what if he has done 24.7k this week? And this has gave him a $300 profit for the week. Would you go to work for the week, for $300, the spend it all on your mates for dinner?

As I said, I understand it's wages, he might have 50k in the last month, blah de blah.

But the point remains he is 25k richer than he was before he entered the tournament.

And he was lucky to win said tournament.

Share your good fortune with your mates.

You know me, any excuse to avoid paying for a meal...

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 04, 2013, 05:44:36 PM »

Think it depends on how much he has lost this week. I mean, 25k is nice, but what if he has done 24.7k this week? And this has gave him a $300 profit for the week. Would you go to work for the week, for $300, the spend it all on your mates for dinner?

As I said, I understand it's wages, he might have 50k in the last month, blah de blah.

But the point remains he is 25k richer than he was before he entered the tournament.

Have you ver lost a dinner flip Vin?

Ah! The element of surprise
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 04, 2013, 05:50:14 PM »

Have you ver lost a dinner flip Vin?

Believe it or not. No!

Err, I think I lost one in Vegas a couple of years ago, was getting lots of sympathy from the two beautiful Aussie girls that picked my card, then Sicilian started talking to them, and they had to leave. Don't understand it, they hadn't even had their main course.

Now whenever I go for dinner, people seem to want to join that exclusive club, except Kimber, we had fine dining up west the other day, and I got lumbered with the bill Sad

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 04, 2013, 05:56:46 PM »

Sunny nagi viewing the thread. Won't be long before he is texting me, asking me to go to dinner at the Phans Vietnamese restaurant in Bedford. On him.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 04, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »

Don't think it's anything to do with being a nit. It's just the done thing. Everyone loves the sweat

I go out with a group of mates- some of them are under it and they still love to flip even if it means walking home!

Noone loves flipping more than a free dinner!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 04, 2013, 06:04:34 PM »

Don't think it's anything to do with being a nit. It's just the done thing. Everyone loves the sweat

I go out with a group of mates- some of them are under it and they still love to flip even if it means walking home!

Noone loves flipping more than a free dinner!

Is Noone one of your Thai buddies Cos?

Ah! The element of surprise
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 04, 2013, 07:27:42 PM »

You can't rule out the possibility that the player was backed and in $50k makeup though so didn't see a dime. Plenty of the "young breed" are deep in huge makeup and a 25k score might not see them a penny.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 04, 2013, 07:42:01 PM »

You can't rule out the possibility that the player was backed and in $50k makeup though so didn't see a dime. Plenty of the "young breed" are deep in huge makeup and a 25k score might not see them a penny.

This is true, but surely the relief of not being so deep in make up is worth celebrating too?

Obviously if this was the case you'd go somewhere a bit more modest.

A meal for 6 at Cafe Bellagio or Noodles shouldn't cost more than $150 or $200 as long as no one takes the piss, and if they are all real mates no one would.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 04, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »

Like PJ when a bink a comp for u last time and we all when out for a meal . Guess what, we gave to pay for our own shared of food . It's different when my horse GAZ came third in the £150 deepstack before that and I treat them to a full Chinese meal . And lately two of my so called mate bink £500k between and I wasn't even invited . It's only food and I got lots if them in my shop !
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 04, 2013, 08:00:21 PM »

This is true, but surely the relief of not being so deep in make up is worth celebrating too?

A meal for 6 at Cafe Bellagio or Noodles shouldn't cost more than $150 or $200 as long as no one takes the piss, and if they are all real mates no one would.

Why are you so insistant? Once again you dont know peoples personal situation but you feel the need to tell them how wrong they are and what they should do.

And if someone is $50k in MU and wins $25k, I doubt the majority of them will be happy to celebrate and pick up a tab

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 04, 2013, 08:16:06 PM »

Why are you so insistant? Once again you dont know peoples personal situation but you feel the need to tell them how wrong they are and what they should do.

And if someone is $50k in MU and wins $25k, I doubt the majority of them will be happy to celebrate and pick up a tab

Come on Paul ,Keith meant no harm and his initial comments were not taking make up into account

He then went on to say

"I'm not criticising them for doing it, I'm saying it's a different world.

In my day, the player who has just had the bink would treat his mates.

Today it just doesn't happen.

I don't like it at all, just seems mean.

But nothing wrong with it if everyone behaves the same."

not really insistant just his opinion
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 04, 2013, 08:46:31 PM »

I agree with Boba here.

If I was playing my own money then I'd buy dinner, kinda irrespective of other things but if you're under it and in makeup etc, I think it's totally fine. And I regard my attitude towards almost all poker and gambling stuff as quite old school.

@GreekStein on twitter.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 04, 2013, 09:05:26 PM »

I am neither telling people what they should do or how wrong they are.

If they are happy with the practice and their mates are too, good luck to them.

But if you are thinking about inviting me to a celebration meal and expecting me to put my cc in for roulette don't bother. I won't be coming.

I am giving my opinion which is what internet forums are all about as far as I know.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 04, 2013, 09:15:22 PM »

I am neither telling people what they should do or how wrong they are.

If they are happy with the practice and their mates are too, good luck to them.

But if you are thinking about inviting me to a celebration meal and expecting me to put my cc in for roulette don't bother. I won't be coming.

I am giving my opinion which is what internet forums are all about as far as I know.

So you have a friend who's financially in bad shape but you won't celebrate a win that helps him a lot even though he can't afford to pay for everyone he wants to celebrate with him, just because everyone is going to pay their own way?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 04, 2013, 09:18:55 PM »

Don't be silly. No one has said that. Not even me. And I'm a b******

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: