blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 09:15:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272774 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The WSOP 2013
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 72 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The WSOP 2013  (Read 187389 times)
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 03, 2013, 03:58:41 AM »

I wouldn't define winning a bracelet by my rail either.

As someone who has won one i can say without a doubt the best thing about it was the rail and its not anywhere near close.

As for Vampy I'm sure he is a lovely guy, i don't know him at all. Met him a couple of times and he seems pleasant enough, this world series though i've heard 2 things about him. Firstly vig gate and it winds me up so much, secondly the food thing at Rio (someone can tell the story im sure) where his antics appear to be those of a complete cock. I'm still not going to judge his character based of those 2 incidents but i'm pretty sure i couldn't care if he won or lost.

As for the tweets, Pab made a funny tweet last night, i threw one out there as well. If i was on a final i wouldn't care about some banter but maybe i'm odd in that respect?

Why does the vig thing wind you up?

Also I may as well ask, can someone tell us the Rio food story?

FWIW I didnt have much of an opinion on Vamplew but he had a few drinks with us in London after Firaldo busted EPT and he was surprisingly good banter

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 03, 2013, 06:32:20 AM »

Thought I was shallow but wouldn't cry inside without a rail. Obviousy a bunch if mates and mates of mates and people passing by are always welcome, but thats more having a pint with anyone than wanting to be loved. Vig isn't half as poor as not getting what I'm told when its supposed to happen, only misjudged this once and got let down again. Didn't get stung first time but knew it had happened. Very few people can be let off with this and its more a matter of friendship. Lildave payed me fairly slowly for some stuff but it was 100% me not caring too much and being a bit lax until I felt like I needed it. If your having to chase constantly its a completely different story and ool. People should be called up on this. [size=0.5pt]Little grimming bastard <3[/size]

Edit: Received too dave!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:55:35 AM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 03, 2013, 07:28:06 AM »

When i make the FT of the 2020 WSOP ME can i request that my rail consists of tikay, reddog, padraid parkinson, donnacha o'dea, lucy rocash and mickey wernick and THM?
with a splattering of DTD senior staff if they arent too busy?

everyone else can come too but i need some respectful railbirds there so when the TD asks about my rail i can point out some more mellow railbirds

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 03, 2013, 07:35:08 AM »

Whole thing getting pretty embarrassing. If some of these kids tweeted stuff that I didn't think they would have the bottle to say to my face they'd be getting a slap from me
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 03, 2013, 07:43:07 AM »

And Alex we've got the fact that Flushy hasn't paid you for a share with a week still to go before you play, but think its pretty bad form that's just turned into you needing to constantly post anti-flushy stuff as little or innocuous as it seems. Bear in mind he owns the vast majority of the site and forum, I wouldn't be burning brides particularly as you know you are going to sell at a higher rate and quicker here than on 2+2. So just think before you post stupid stuff, you're smarter than that
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 03, 2013, 07:43:26 AM »

Whole thing getting pretty embarrassing. If some of these kids tweeted stuff that I didn't think they would have the bottle to say to my face they'd be getting a slap from me

if you need any back up give me a shout i will cover your back

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 03, 2013, 07:47:30 AM »

Post main event royal rumble?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 03, 2013, 07:51:42 AM »

Haha imagine how funny that would be

I land tomoro afternoon, il be Don King and promote it
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 03, 2013, 07:58:50 AM »

Rofl post some imaginary prices?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 03, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »

Steve Watts jolly
Lildave a bigger price Smiley
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23:03 AM »

Steve Watts jolly
Lildave a bigger price Smiley

Playing One Drop - if I best can we go and get absolutely mashed with Kev, I am so over poker Smiley
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 03, 2013, 08:28:43 AM »

And the award for the most embarrassing post...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:17 AM »

Im not embarrassed by that. I think its pretty standard to expect people to not be two faced, so id always hope people would be able to say what they wanted to peoples faces rather than behind their backs. Not sure why you would post that Doobs.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »

I think it's shame as as well; its the problem with social media and forums. I posted one semi humerous tweet to Jack last night, wish I hadn't with all the subsequent ones.  I think the problem social media brings is in the old days you just either avoided each other, or actually takes about it when you met up - which would either result in making up, a disagreement or a physical slap at worst.

Fwiw I think all the main twitter protagonists are decent people, just different and at different stages of life with different challenges.

I think lil Dave and Dubai sum it up; a bunch of people, from lots of different backgrounds - some people are bound to not click or get on....it is just like work.  Difference is if we got on twitter or Facebook at work and started throwing stuff around we'd probably get sacked.  Life's like that, and sometimes the more you get to know people the more you get them.

I think a UK Beer Pong night in DBs should solve it - we can have some good teams, get plastered and then iron anything out face to face. Think it's a shame as the social side has been the best part of this trip for me, with both new and old mates - life's too short.  
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 03, 2013, 08:36:04 AM »

Im not embarrassed by that. I think its pretty standard to expect people to not be two faced, so id always hope people would be able to say what they wanted to peoples faces rather than behind their backs. Not sure why you would post that Doobs.

Can't see anyone else threatening to give anyone a slap. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 72 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: