blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4751 4752 4753 4754 [4755] 4756 4757 4758 4759 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13509354 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71310 on: March 16, 2014, 07:39:39 AM »

Well a bit more of a sweat than I thought....great spot tho Tighty. Well done

Boooom, last Lotus gone

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71311 on: March 16, 2014, 07:40:17 AM »

I thought we wanted Hamilton to win?

Who else have we got?

Are the lotae still running?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71312 on: March 16, 2014, 07:40:43 AM »

Who else have we got?

Perfect timing. Wink

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71313 on: March 16, 2014, 07:42:47 AM »

Who else have we got?

Perfect timing. Wink

Didn't we have Rosberg too?  Liking Bottas.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71314 on: March 16, 2014, 07:52:46 AM »

Who else have we got?

Perfect timing. Wink

Didn't we have Rosberg too?  Liking Bottas.

Yes, we had Mardyarse as our Main Bet, with a saver (which would cover both bets) on Rosberg.

I believe these were our F1 positions a few days ago.......

Formula1   F1 WDC   Button   12/1   20            
Formula1   Constructors Championship   Mercedes   6/5   25            
Formula1   F1 Drivers Champion   Hamilton   3/1   30            
Formula1   F1 Australian Gp   Magnussen   12/1   20   EW 1/5 1,2,3 £10 e/w
Formula1   Australian Grand Prix: To podiate   Sergio Perez   7/1   10            
Formula1   Australian Grand Prix   Hamilton   5/2   40            
Formula1   Australian Grand Prix   Rosberg   4/1   10            
F1          Australian Grand Prix Not to be Classified   Grosjean   8/11   22            
F1          Australian Grand Prix Not to be Classified   Maldonado   8/11   22

Since that, we added £10 EW @ 50/1, Bottas, World Drivers Championship.

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #71315 on: March 16, 2014, 07:54:32 AM »

Fascinating start. Agree with Doobs Bottas looks a bit tasty, would have run P2 no doubt of didn't touch that wall and based on today would rather be with him than massa.

Very assures drives from Jensen, the Mclaren looks solid.

The really interesting point for me is Riccardo and building on Tightys comments. As a team completely exceeded expectations, albeit other driver. Not sure when Vettel becomes a bet - I'm in inclined to wait and see post KL
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71316 on: March 16, 2014, 08:00:40 AM »

I assume Fred has had it off with Ireland winning 6 nations after tightly put them up pre event at13/2? I never look at the spread sheet. Vwp tightly another drink I owe the Fred regs for a massive priced winner

You should try looking at the spreadsheet. You can find the answer to all sorts of Fred questions there.
Fred eventually went with France for the 6 nations. However Fred also followed hector62's e/w recommend for Andrew Trimble as top try scorer.

Hector62   Betfred   Mar-2014   RU   Six Nations Top Try Scorer   Trimble   40/1   10            £ 5 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4

Trimble ended up in a 4-way tie for 3rd place with 3 tries behind Mike Brown and Jonathan Sexton who both got 4.

tikay can you check you betfred account please, as to the return on this?

dead heat rules, but four winners for two places (3rd/4th) so not sure how it is applied

Am trying to do so now, but it does not appear on my Statement at all.

I contacted BetFred Customer Care @ 0530 this morning, & this was the initial reply on "Live Chat". At 0530 this morning.

Tony Kendall] Good morning. I have a question about a bet I placed. Can you assist, please?
[Mathew S] Hello and welcome to Betfred Live help, unfortunately we are experiencing a high volume of traffic at this moment, this may delay the response for your chat, we will be with you as soon as possible, thank you for your patience.

To be fair to them, after that, they were very helpful.

It seems that the Account Search on BetFred does NOT work for bets over a month old. You have to go to "Balance History" then "All Transactions".  

Relieved, actually, was begining to fear a misclick, as I spent an hour searching for it last night.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 08:05:58 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71317 on: March 16, 2014, 08:02:36 AM »

I assume Fred has had it off with Ireland winning 6 nations after tightly put them up pre event at13/2? I never look at the spread sheet. Vwp tightly another drink I owe the Fred regs for a massive priced winner

You should try looking at the spreadsheet. You can find the answer to all sorts of Fred questions there.
Fred eventually went with France for the 6 nations. However Fred also followed hector62's e/w recommend for Andrew Trimble as top try scorer.

Hector62   Betfred   Mar-2014   RU   Six Nations Top Try Scorer   Trimble   40/1   10            £ 5 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4

Trimble ended up in a 4-way tie for 3rd place with 3 tries behind Mike Brown and Jonathan Sexton who both got 4.

dead heat rules, but four winners for two places (3rd/4th) so not sure how it is applied

There you are, Rich.

That seems a lot of money considering we were in a 4 way tie for 3rd?

15/03/2014 20:33:41

Return, bet: 253/273

Trimble, Andrew, Single, Six Nations 2014:Top Tryscorer

£27.50

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #71318 on: March 16, 2014, 08:04:25 AM »

Small profit on the race.  Don't think we need to feel bad about the Hamilton bet, think he was best price evens after qualifying.  The Mercedes very dominant, Bottas in the 2nd quickest car at the minute?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71319 on: March 16, 2014, 08:07:03 AM »

Small profit on the race.  Don't think we need to feel bad about the Hamilton bet, think he was best price evens after qualifying.  The Mercedes very dominant, Bottas in the 2nd quickest car at the minute?

No, but can we all boo him?

Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #71320 on: March 16, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »

Ooh good luck, sir! How many chips you taking back at noon?

I was lucky to find a guy who fancied a flip with a few hands to go and I have about average. Now had about 4 hours sleep. Contemplating putting some very loud music on while I look at today's footy and horses.

Maybe blast them out with some Simon and Garfunkel at volume 7?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #71321 on: March 16, 2014, 09:32:41 AM »

There you are, Rich.

£27.50

but the bet paid 4 places - so you were in a 4 way tie for 3rd and 4th ie just like a conventional dead heat and you get your payout (£55) halved (£27.50).

On Thursday I managed to get a 7 way tie for one place in the golf......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71322 on: March 16, 2014, 09:40:09 AM »

There you are, Rich.

£27.50

but the bet paid 4 places - so you were in a 4 way tie for 3rd and 4th ie just like a conventional dead heat and you get your payout (£55) halved (£27.50).

On Thursday I managed to get a 7 way tie for one place in the golf......

Ahh yes, got it now.

That was similar to one of the questions in the Settling Exam I took when I was a young man, (it was a Wm Hill course, cost me £100 quid, lol), so I should have known really.

The question was something like.....

Geezer has an 1/-  (one shilling....) EW yankee which includes a bet in a 7 runner race on the un-named favourite, his horse dead heats for 2nd, & there is a Rule 4 for 2 bob in the £, & the horse ended up as joint favourite. Settle that. 

No Genies in those days, either, just a pencil & paper.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71323 on: March 16, 2014, 09:42:29 AM »

Brian O' Driscoll @ 11/2 for MOM against France?

Way out of line with the other bookies

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/six-nations/france-v-ireland/man-of-the-match

Thanks for this Marky.

I made a note two weeks ago to look at this market today but as I decided to take a few days off I don't think I would have remembered.

No worries, think it's only the 2nd recommend I've put up here, so nice to give something back. I completely overlooked it last week, so it was the first thing I looked for when I saw the Rugby was on.

They offered me £7 on a 7/1 horse I was trying to back this morning, so I was surprised when they let me have over £40 on this.

Unfortunately I let a friend of mine have half of it, because he couldn't get on himself Sad

Can't believe I missed that Mark, but I had it in my mind that we'd had the same bet the previous week, which ended badly.

My bad, sorry.

cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #71324 on: March 16, 2014, 09:48:57 AM »

A quick cycling update:

Yesterday, the Tirreno-Adriatico saw a fierce battle among the main contenders, with a surprising win for Alberto Contador. Our man Quintana was unable to launch one of his decisive attacks, and finished just 1sec behind. Our other man Moreno finished 3rd, just 5sec off the pace.

This all sounds rather good for our bets on the face of it, but actually the opposite is true. The race leader, and current favourite, Kwiatkowski, managed to hold on to 7th place ... and only lost 10sec to Contador. Porte only lost 5sec! I was hoping for bigger gaps when I suggested this bet, and unless there are some significant time differences in today's brutal stage, I fear that we are done for. The last stage is a short TT, and both Kwiatkowski and Porte are very good at them.

As it stands, Quintana is 23sec (3rd) behind and Moreno is 69sec (12th) to the deficit.

Pages: 1 ... 4751 4752 4753 4754 [4755] 4756 4757 4758 4759 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: