blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:23:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 3 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 3 - Interactive  (Read 42295 times)
bother84

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2008, 11:16:01 PM »

this computers starting to hurt my eyes but im here as long as Asa is Tongue
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »

Men are interesting beings and differ in many ways to women. Not only are we deemed less sensitive, but we also have a seemingly unrelenting sex drive, perhaps driven by one of the major assets that separate the genders, the male testicles. However, it is these hanging spheres that can often be a major burden to men, and poker players especially so, as they can often be made available for others for a good, firm kicking.

One player who has experienced this form of physical abuse today is Scandinavian player and early pace setter Johan Berquist. After Jaques Zaicik raised it up from the small blind, Johan re-raised from the big. Dwelling momentarily, Jaques announced call and turned his hand over, seemingly ignorant to the fact that Johan still had two stacks of chips in front of him.

With the Tournament Director called over, it was decided that Jaques' hand, which was A-7 suited, incidentally, would be alive, but not be in a position to bet. On this note, play continued and a J-5-2 rainbow Flop was dealt. With Jaques' actions frozen, play moved straight to Johan who pushed all-in for what looked like a fair amount of chips.

Without hesitation and to the surprise of everyone at the table, and any onlooker for that matter, Jaques announced call without hesitation as if he was simply refusing to be pushed around or taken advantage of. However, he was in need of divine Poker God assistance as Johan had Pocket Sixes, and seemed quite happy with his current situation.

Unfortunately, poker is a very cruel game, and those Scandinavian love balls did indeed receive a wallop in the form of a gut-wrenching Seven that hit the Turn. Jaques banged the table and screamed "Yes" as if he'd just won the lottery as Johan shook his head in disbelief. A harmless later and Jaques was left to rake in a chunky pot as the organisers broke the table. Johan, meanwhile, could only slip out of view and weep on the rail.

I think everyone agreed that this was a truly bizarre moment. "He missed his Flop ans still called," observed one startled player. "He's been making mistakes all day," said another. From my perspective, it seemed like a very odd call indeed. I'm no expert by any means, but there are very few hands he's beating there and the chip stacks weren't really such that Johan would be messing around with rags. I don't think anyone thought Johan had a weaker hand than A-7.

snowbed

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »

come on The Apple - fancy him to go deep from here - and more updates on Craig (and Asa) - keep the flag flying high
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2008, 11:23:17 PM »

Men are interesting beings and differ in many ways to women. Not only are we deemed less sensitive, but we also have a seemingly unrelenting sex drive, perhaps driven by one of the major assets that separate the genders, the male testicles. However, it is these hanging spheres that can often be a major burden to men, and poker players especially so, as they can often be made available for others for a good, firm kicking.

One player who has experienced this form of physical abuse today is Scandinavian player and early pace setter Johan Berquist. After Jaques Zaicik raised it up from the small blind, Johan re-raised from the big. Dwelling momentarily, Jaques announced call and turned his hand over, seemingly ignorant to the fact that Johan still had two stacks of chips in front of him.

With the Tournament Director called over, it was decided that Jaques' hand, which was A-7 suited, incidentally, would be alive, but not be in a position to bet. On this note, play continued and a J-5-2 rainbow Flop was dealt. With Jaques' actions frozen, play moved straight to Johan who pushed all-in for what looked like a fair amount of chips.

Without hesitation and to the surprise of everyone at the table, and any onlooker for that matter, Jaques announced call without hesitation as if he was simply refusing to be pushed around or taken advantage of. However, he was in need of divine Poker God assistance as Johan had Pocket Sixes, and seemed quite happy with his current situation.

Unfortunately, poker is a very cruel game, and those Scandinavian love balls did indeed receive a wallop in the form of a gut-wrenching Seven that hit the Turn. Jaques banged the table and screamed "Yes" as if he'd just won the lottery as Johan shook his head in disbelief. A harmless later and Jaques was left to rake in a chunky pot as the organisers broke the table. Johan, meanwhile, could only slip out of view and weep on the rail.

I think everyone agreed that this was a truly bizarre moment. "He missed his Flop ans still called," observed one startled player. "He's been making mistakes all day," said another. From my perspective, it seemed like a very odd call indeed. I'm no expert by any means, but there are very few hands he's beating there and the chip stacks weren't really such that Johan would be messing around with rags. I don't think anyone thought Johan had a weaker hand than A-7.

Was that from your own collection?
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2008, 11:24:51 PM »

without knowing stack sizes and history between the two we cannot say its a bad call. Who's to say that they hadn't tussled blind v blind several times today and the big blind had showed him a couple of moves to show he's been outplayed. Say the bb had reraised with KQs or QTs and had the extra information of knowing he only had A7 and couldn't possibly call a push? The guy was gonna push on almost any flop not containing an ace or a 7 so I reckon he had already decided he was calling any flop before it even came down.

ariston

better lucky than good
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2008, 11:25:54 PM »

David 'The Dragon' Pham we think is our chipleader with around 1.2 million after busting a player with A-6 against A-J on an A-9-6-x board. Emil Timberg is in second place, with about 1.1 million and Christopher Klodnicki looks to be part of the million club after just doubling through Diego Perez with Jacks versus Tens in a 1 million chip pot.

dastalion
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2008, 11:26:48 PM »

any chance of gettin a chip count on rory brennan. ty if possible
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2008, 11:31:04 PM »

Think i'll be following Asa Smith as we seem to share the same first name

Good luck to ya

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »

Christian Harder, "Do you bite your thumb at me sir???"

He's on over 600k.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 12:11:59 AM by NoflopsHomer » Logged

xBryceyx

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2008, 11:33:30 PM »

Hey, thanks for the updates and picture of Glen Chorny. Sounds like he's accumulating some chips. Go Waterloo!! lol

How's the weather down there?

Very air conditiony.

How's the weather up there? (Blimey, it's like talking to Phil Gordon.)

haha. lol snow is melting here!! =)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2008, 11:37:28 PM »

Asa Smith is starting to struggle a little now with a depleted 170,000.
Gobbomom

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2008, 11:47:14 PM »

hey, thanks for the Charder update!  Any news on Rob Lederer? (sorry, no pic.)  Also watching Peter Jetten and Eric Lynch.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: January 08, 2008, 11:50:53 PM »

William Thorson -- 640,000
Alex Michaels -- 300,000
Peter Jetten -- 770,000
Chris Crawford -- 263,000
Eric Lynch -- 425,000
Marius Olsvik -- 393,000
Jeffrey Neuman -- 98,000
Craig Hopkins -- 365,000

Chris Crawford

Marius Olsvik

snowbed

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 08, 2008, 11:55:26 PM »

Thanks for the updates your both doing a top job.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: January 08, 2008, 11:55:41 PM »

Christian Harder -- 535,000
Paul Holub -- 170,000
Evan Tindell -- 425,000
Justin Phillips -- 242,000
Pierre Neuville -- 715,000
Rhett Butler -- 410,000
Jon Dull -- 190,000
David McNew -- 98,000

Paul Holub