blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:04:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Rob's PokerStars UKIPT £1M GTE Diary thread."28 Days Later" (crap film)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob's PokerStars UKIPT £1M GTE Diary thread."28 Days Later" (crap film)  (Read 45623 times)
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 05, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »

No panic Frankie, just set the bar and try and hit it Smiley

U will b ok dude. Good luck in Ireland
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 05, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »

UKIPT Summary 4/4/2012         
PokerStars Qualifers         485
PokerStars Direct Buy-Ins         182
PokerStars Players         667
DTD Qualifers         96
DTD Shop Buy-Ins         102
DTD FPP         7
DTD Cash Desk Buy-Ins         61
DTD Players         266
Total Players         933
% GTE Covered      65%

Okay, things have taken a turn for the better, we are now just 497 players away from hitting the 1430 runners mark and therefore the £1M GTE. Between us and PokerStars we estimate a further 200 players to qualify, so that just under 300 direct-buy ins needed.

When we set the £1M GTE, I thought it was a 50:50 shot if we worked our asses off, which everyone has done, I would now say that it is a massive odds-on that it will be achieved,  the last 3 days have seen an average of 50 players generated per day, and with 8 days left, we may have even done the unthinkable, and hit the GTE by the time the event starts, although I think this is highly unlikely unless Day 1a really starts to move.

I am off to the Irish Open on Friday, Liam Flood and Paddy Power have kindly agreed that we can promote the event over there so we will be taking some marketing materials over on Kevin "AKA Whisky Kev / High Roller" O'Connell's private jet, just for Kev's benefit, I will repeat that, "on Kevin O'Connell's private Jet!".

Thank you for all your support!

Don't forget that anyone who is going to the Irish Open can buy-in through me personally by tapping me on the shoulder and giving me £770 quid, you can also buy in for your mates  thumbs up

Cheers Rob

My Auntie Janet who's 62 years old and knows and cares nothing about poker or gambling mentioned a "big poker tournament in Nottingham" to my mum the other day.

Believe me. If she knows about it there's nothing more you can do to meerkat this event.

I'll be there Wednesday evening for late reg and I'm not over confident of getting in.

Sell out imminent!!

Good work.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 06, 2012, 11:29:17 AM »

UKIPT Summary 4/4/2012         
PokerStars Qualifers         485
PokerStars Direct Buy-Ins         182
PokerStars Players         667
DTD Qualifers         96
DTD Shop Buy-Ins         102
DTD FPP         7
DTD Cash Desk Buy-Ins         61
DTD Players         266
Total Players         933
% GTE Covered      65%

Okay, things have taken a turn for the better, we are now just 497 players away from hitting the 1430 runners mark and therefore the £1M GTE. Between us and PokerStars we estimate a further 200 players to qualify, so that just under 300 direct-buy ins needed.

When we set the £1M GTE, I thought it was a 50:50 shot if we worked our asses off, which everyone has done, I would now say that it is a massive odds-on that it will be achieved,  the last 3 days have seen an average of 50 players generated per day, and with 8 days left, we may have even done the unthinkable, and hit the GTE by the time the event starts, although I think this is highly unlikely unless Day 1a really starts to move.

I am off to the Irish Open on Friday, Liam Flood and Paddy Power have kindly agreed that we can promote the event over there so we will be taking some marketing materials over on Kevin "AKA Whisky Kev / High Roller" O'Connell's private jet, just for Kev's benefit, I will repeat that, "on Kevin O'Connell's private Jet!".

Thank you for all your support!

Don't forget that anyone who is going to the Irish Open can buy-in through me personally by tapping me on the shoulder and giving me £770 quid, you can also buy in for your mates  thumbs up

Cheers Rob

My Auntie Janet who's 62 years old and knows and cares nothing about poker or gambling mentioned a "big poker tournament in Nottingham" to my mum the other day.

Believe me. If she knows about it there's nothing more you can do to meerkat this event.

I'll be there Wednesday evening for late reg and I'm not over confident of getting in.

Sell out imminent!!

Good work.

Did she teach you?  Grin
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 06, 2012, 02:58:44 PM »

Sell out imminent!!

Good work.

Chatting to Lawrence last night he said he'd only heard of it yesterday! Weird how you're auntie Janet heard about it before Gosney.

(thinly veiled was chatting to Lawrence brag basically)

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 06, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »

Sell out imminent!!

Good work.

Chatting to Lawrence last night he said he'd only heard of it yesterday! Weird how you're auntie Janet heard about it before Gosney.

Maybe it's been better publicised locally?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 06, 2012, 05:22:44 PM »

Sell out imminent!!

Good work.

Maybe it's been better publicised locally?

but wait i thought Lawrence was Dean23Price on stars? he must have known - bluff IMO

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: April 07, 2012, 11:58:17 AM »

I only have 21 seats left for Thursday Day 1b, if you can ONLY play that day you need to either;

1. Buy on on Pokerstars Client
2. Buy in at DTD Shop or DTD Club
3. Find me at the Irish Open!
4. PM me on here IF you know me personally and make payment arrangements

Here are the latest numbers;

UKIPT Summary 7/4/2012         Total
PokerStars Qualifers         551
PokerStars Direct Buy-Ins         223
PokerStars Players         774
DTD Qualifers         250
DTD Shop Buy-Ins         128
DTD Cash Desk Buy-Ins         93
DTD Players         478
Total Players         1,252
GTE Shortfall Players      177

Cheers Rob
matt_damon

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 07, 2012, 01:20:39 PM »

This thread has gone too many pages without someone saying how good 28 Days Later is <3
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 07, 2012, 02:13:15 PM »

I only have 21 seats left for Thursday Day 1b, if you can ONLY play that day you need to either;

1. Buy on on Pokerstars Client
2. Buy in at DTD Shop or DTD Club
3. Find me at the Irish Open!
4. PM me on here IF you know me personally and make payment arrangements

Here are the latest numbers;

UKIPT Summary 7/4/2012         Total
PokerStars Qualifers         551
PokerStars Direct Buy-Ins         223
PokerStars Players         774
DTD Qualifers         250
DTD Shop Buy-Ins         128
DTD Cash Desk Buy-Ins         93
DTD Players         478
Total Players         1,252
GTE Shortfall Players      177

Cheers Rob

cruising on the bridle with a furlong to go......... wp thumbs up
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 07, 2012, 04:59:58 PM »

I think stars need to have an ept at Dtd now, no one else could get this done or even close

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Azza

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 07, 2012, 05:16:51 PM »

^^^
This is so true. I think Rob and everyone at DTD should get on to stars and get the ball rolling for EPT in Nottingham Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 07, 2012, 05:24:35 PM »

Wow EPT Nottingham....sick

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 07, 2012, 05:32:35 PM »

EPT Monte Carlo

Click to see full-size image.

EPT Tallin

EPT Copenhagen

EPT Lenton Industrial Estate

It's a damn shame because the venue is absolutely amazing other than where it is.

It'd be a perfect EPT venue I just don't think EPT Nottingham is going to strike the right chord unfortunately.

Poker_Monkey

"Cake or death?"

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 07, 2012, 08:35:02 PM »

Gl hitting the runners you need I wish my bankroll was that hard hitting but its not lol..

Oh yer 28 days later was a good film

Oh look you hit your 3 outter on me FML

Twitter :  https://twitter.com/adrian_lovelock

Fb : https://www.facebook.com/ady.lovelock
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 07, 2012, 09:49:07 PM »

Dont see nandos on the photos of any of them other ept  venues Nandos gets my vote over million pound yachts

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: