blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:01:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Chompy's Recidivist 2010 G Luton League/Scrabble thread
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 ... 588 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chompy's Recidivist 2010 G Luton League/Scrabble thread  (Read 835912 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7170 on: September 22, 2010, 11:36:25 AM »

Wankers Wednesday. Going for the double. Only because I need to pick up the blonde camera, you understand.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: September 22, 2010, 11:39:02 AM »

U coulduo always pick it up tomorrow on the way to circus circus?

Did you get my pm?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: September 22, 2010, 11:47:11 AM »

Most amiable atmo there last night, very relaxing.

The Tuesday Comp plays most oddly - 1,500 chips x 3, with the need to lose half the 1,500 before the next tranche can be taken.

My Table included Lionel & Snati - try getting either off any hand! - & a lovely, really lovely, Indian lady in full traditional dress.

I don't think she'd ever played Live Poker before, & it showed, but she never stopped smiling, despite knowing she had made a bit of a fool of herself with the plays she attempted to make. She laughed at herself, & smiled non-stop. She lasted about 20 minutes, all three tranches of chips had gone by then, & exited with great dignity, then railed her Hubby (or Son) for the next 4 hours. So nice to see people enjoying their poker that much, & knowing they are hopeless, but still enjoying it. She'll always be a winner.

She tried to make it 200, but made it 1,100 by mistake, & Luther was on it like a shot, & shoved for 1,400 or whatever. Now she dwelled, admitting she'd made a mistake, & seemed to be considering a fold. None of us could say a word, but we are all thinking - "you HAVE to call!". Eventually, she dos, gets beat, & still smiled wonderfully.

The table dynamic took some getting used to. Level 1, my BB, EIGHT Limpers, so I shoved for the full 1,500. Almost predictably, Lionel snap-called, so eagerly in fact that he did so out of turn, & proudly tabled his A-6. My 8-5 got there though, to much bemusement.

And so it continued, poker as I've never known it.

I got moved to genuinely THE easiest Table I have ever sat on, & stole completely at will, aided by Aces x 4, & Kings x 1, in less than 2 orbits.

Damon D'Cruz (sp) was a most welcome returnee, accompanied by a splendidly handsome young chap, very well-mannered - perhaps his son? I made him welcome by busting his Aces, & someone's A-Q (he hit trips) in a 3 way coup by turning a straight with my crushed A-K. Welcome back Damon!

I sat next to a Gent who I have vaguely known for years, who turned out to be a long time blonde lurker, & now Poster - "Eso Kral".

The name "Eso Kral" derives from the Slovakian for Ace (Eso) & King (Kral). There, a little knowledge for Tighty to absorb. Anyway, Mr Eso Kral is a terrific bloke, & a very tidy player indeed, who knows his way round a poker table pretty well.

The Final started at about Midnight I think, with the Average Stack 8.5 BB's, soon to be 6 x BB, so it was a shove-a-fest. Despite 5 short stacks, I just decided to keep shoving, but Claire Great Tit (singular, take note), to my left, caught me good & proper.

Good fun, & I may try again this evening.

I have Badged Tourneys in my name on SP 4 nights a week with a sort of semi-obligation to try & play all of them, in addition to my other responsibilities at SP, but I need to try & balance things up a bit, so tonight is a very tempting possibility.

Even more tempting, Chomps has just texted me suggesting I play tonight's £500 at the Vic, but I have already got a horse in that, albeit a complete no-hoper.

Decisions, decisions.

I said i would not play it for you due to lack of faith...

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: September 22, 2010, 11:47:51 AM »

U coulduo always pick it up tomorrow on the way to circus circus?

Did you get my pm?

yes, thanks

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: September 22, 2010, 11:56:42 AM »

I had very high hopes going into Sunday's tournament- I had a whole week of poker behind me, so there were no lack-of-practice excuses anymore, the starting stack was generous and structure was excellent. All in all if I didn't get unlucky I felt like I should have been final tabling. So what went wrong...

It's actually quite hard to write about it, I was furious with myself afterwards. While the Sunday structure does, in my opinion, leave quite a bit of room for some fishing near the start, I had learnt through the week that it's important for my game to be at least at starting stack reaching the break. A lot of my chip accumulation comes from having room to manouver, so having people covered is optimal. The massive implied odds of entering pots with unexpected hands like low suited connectors/small pairs really comes into effect when everyone has 10k stacks.

The earliest pot that I remember clearly was raising it up to 150 at 25/50 with 78 from the cutoff and getting calls from the Blinds. The flop came down J10x, and was checked to me. I fired something like 375, the SB folded and the BB shoved. Yep, he shoved 10k into a 825 pot. If I had just ONETIME been raising with the J10 instead of the 78... sigh. I looked so shocked that Mr BB felt the need to show me AJ when I folded, like it was some kind of an explanation. "I knew that I was winning now, so I didn't want you drawing", was the classic line offered. The guy in question began limp-calling every pot, so I made up my mind to isolate him with a wider range than usual, seeing the potential for winning a monster pot against him. At one stage I lost a few K to him when I'd iso'd him pre, CB on an AJ high flop and fired a second bullet on the turn. I decided to hold fire on the river, realising I'd seen nothing up to this point in his game that suggested he was capable of folding ace rag to a three barrel, and he showed me J10, for second pair that picked up a flush draw on the turn. Maybe it would have got through, but I still doubt it.

The next memorable hand was re-raising Sir Donkey's EP raise with a low pair where I should have flatted. I remember that I was about to flat, then decided that raising was better than calling- unfortunately I failed to make any kind of plan to back my raise up with- I hadnt worked out what Dean was small-raising with yet (he'd done it a few times), and literally once my CB had been called on a Q high board I was lost at what to do. I folded the turn, kicking myself and leaving myself with about 4.5k, a terrible start.

After that I decided to tighten up and only play premiums for a while, just hoping for a nice spot to find a double up. I guess I got impatient after a level or two, and picked a shitty one. The first premium hand I found after I got short was the   . Limp call man limped, I 4x'd, Dean called from the button and Limp call man called. The flop came down 688 (I think...something equivilant anyway), LC guy checked, I decided I couldnt afford to raise-fold, so checked over to Dean, who bet about 2/3 pot. LC man folded, and I made some kind of spewtard insta-decision and shoved, Dean snapped with a trickily-played KK, and I was gone. A few things make this terrible from me. At the poker table I think it's very important to have a plan during hands- sure you can change any plan you have, but if you do, there has to be solid reasoning behind it. There wasn't in this case. It was more frustration at how things had gone than actual judgement; I guess the limited thinking was that Dean doesn't often have a 6 or an 8 as I've been tight for so long, but he 100% would call with pretty much all pairs, and I don't think I'd convince him that I'd checked-shoved a high pair myself, so i'm pretty sure he's calling a lot.

ANYWAY. This is the end of the 10 tournament mini-marathon. It's been fun getting back to the G, playing lots of live poker and seeing you guys and the G dealers again. I appreciate the faith you backers had in buying into the package, and I'm sorry I didn't turn a profit for you. I think all-in-all I ran a bit under EV, but I definately could have played better, at least in a couple of tournaments. I'm going to sit down tomorrow or the next day and look into how much of your money you guys are due and i'll be in touch about getting it back to you. There are a couple of quite big tourns coming up in Malta which I was looking to play, so there may be an opportunity to re-invest it in search of a bigger payout, or of course i'll ship straight back to anyone wants it.

Unlucky Greg  like your game sir and prob willing to spin up on the malta thing... regarding mr tard AJ ...he is just awful in every respect....

P.S. that hand where you repopped me..def i know you know scenario heh heh..

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
GMan

View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: September 22, 2010, 01:03:32 PM »

Bink me a seat for the £150 at cicrus.

No seat for USA managed to bad beat him yes me after he didnt want to to a bubble saver////.....

did you fist-pump, whoop and do a little dance?

No fist pumping or whoop whoop..

just said ul and got blanked.

OPPPSSSS
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: September 22, 2010, 02:16:33 PM »

Most amiable atmo there last night, very relaxing.

The Tuesday Comp plays most oddly - 1,500 chips x 3, with the need to lose half the 1,500 before the next tranche can be taken.

My Table included Lionel & Snati - try getting either off any hand! - & a lovely, really lovely, Indian lady in full traditional dress.

I don't think she'd ever played Live Poker before, & it showed, but she never stopped smiling, despite knowing she had made a bit of a fool of herself with the plays she attempted to make. She laughed at herself, & smiled non-stop. She lasted about 20 minutes, all three tranches of chips had gone by then, & exited with great dignity, then railed her Hubby (or Son) for the next 4 hours. So nice to see people enjoying their poker that much, & knowing they are hopeless, but still enjoying it. She'll always be a winner.

She tried to make it 200, but made it 1,100 by mistake, & Luther was on it like a shot, & shoved for 1,400 or whatever. Now she dwelled, admitting she'd made a mistake, & seemed to be considering a fold. None of us could say a word, but we are all thinking - "you HAVE to call!". Eventually, she dos, gets beat, & still smiled wonderfully.

It was good to see her take everything so happily, although that J-3 call on the end of a T-T-A-A-x board to Lionel's bet still had me gaping. Great to see players like that at the table, rather than the rubbish players who sit there, scowl and moan and generally bring the atmosphere down.

Just a thought - if the dealer had let her take back the 1k chip (which as a blatant newbie, I probably would should there be no exceptions), do you think anybody at the table would have objected? I know I wouldn't have done, and it seemed like the only person who was being hard-nosed about it was the dealer.

The table dynamic took some getting used to. Level 1, my BB, EIGHT Limpers, so I shoved for the full 1,500. Almost predictably, Lionel snap-called, so eagerly in fact that he did so out of turn, & proudly tabled his A-6. My 8-5 got there though, to much bemusement.

In all fairness, it would have been one less had I not been getting 85million to 1 in the SB! (I sure did look at my cards before calling)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: September 22, 2010, 02:19:11 PM »

that J-3 call on the end of a T-T-A-A-x board to Lionel's bet still had me gaping.

snap call imo!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: September 22, 2010, 02:25:40 PM »

My Table included a lovely, really lovely, Indian lady in full traditional dress.

I don't think she'd ever played Live Poker before, & it showed, but she never stopped smiling, despite knowing she had made a bit of a fool of herself with the plays she attempted to make. She laughed at herself, & smiled non-stop. She lasted about 20 minutes.

This is British Gas. Plays at the G quite a bit...

Actually, this wasn't her debut, she was on my table on Sunday night. Amazing stuff.
First hand she played was at 150-300 when she open rised to 2500.
She eventually gave them all to George White, who she let hit his gutshot for free on the turn before going all in. Had flopped a set of nines.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:33:49 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: September 22, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »

My Table included a lovely, really lovely, Indian lady in full traditional dress.

I don't think she'd ever played Live Poker before, & it showed, but she never stopped smiling, despite knowing she had made a bit of a fool of herself with the plays she attempted to make. She laughed at herself, & smiled non-stop. She lasted about 20 minutes.

This is British Gas. Plays at the G quite a bit.

Can't be. Tikay said lasted 20 minutes.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: September 22, 2010, 02:44:03 PM »

Think Das was there last night but didn't play the comp. Not too sure though as have only met him once!
GMan

View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: September 22, 2010, 06:09:31 PM »

Those playing tomorrow at circus although already stated start time is at 7pm, i would get there at least 645pm as looks as if could be over sold so may stuggle to get a seat at least if your early i was told they will open another table or two if over 60 players turn up.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: September 22, 2010, 07:11:31 PM »

Chompers is at The Vic, in the £500, tonight.

He sent this table to me - not sure if his Chomp-ness is on it, or not.....

British Gas

Lucky McBink

George White. (LOVELY wife).

John Earle

John Eames.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: September 22, 2010, 08:46:26 PM »

Inbound from chomps....

"This is a farking nightmare".

Later....

"British Gas is killing us".

Smiley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: September 22, 2010, 09:24:08 PM »

"13k at the breakz"

Pages: 1 ... 475 476 477 478 [479] 480 481 482 483 ... 588 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: