blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 01:57:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Fantasy Premier League 2016/17
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Premier League 2016/17  (Read 75848 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2016, 11:17:31 AM »

Any results from the club championship?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2016, 11:55:11 AM »

i shot 71 (1 under par and 6 under the CSS) in the morning which was 5 clear of the pack. I then experienced middle-age fatigue and the young flat-bellied full-time amateur starlets began to close the gap.  I ended up shooting 76 in the afternoon for a 147 total.  One of the previous aforementioned superstars shot 70 in the afternoon to go with his morning 77 to force an 18-hole stroke-play play off at a later date (as per US Open rules).

I'll keep you posted.

p.s my handicap is now +3 which no longer makes me value in am-am team events!!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2016, 12:07:30 PM »

i shot 71 (1 under par and 6 under the CSS) in the morning which was 5 clear of the pack. I then experienced middle-age fatigue and the young flat-bellied full-time amateur starlets began to close the gap.  I ended up shooting 76 in the afternoon for a 147 total.  One of the previous aforementioned superstars shot 70 in the afternoon to go with his morning 77 to force an 18-hole stroke-play play off at a later date (as per US Open rules).

I'll keep you posted.

Great playing Greg that is tremendous golf.

Is it young Hurrell who's in the playoff with you?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2016, 12:26:15 PM »

I'll keep you posted.

Great playing Greg that is tremendous golf.

Is it young Hurrell who's in the playoff with you?

no. he is playing really poorly at the moment. has gone from +2 to 1 in 2.5 years!  he shot 76 - 84

my play off opponent is a new member from Derbyshire - he plays off +2 Sam Claypole.  He hits it miles!! i'll just have to get my shots in first and put him under pressure then outputt him!
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2016, 12:29:11 PM »

Meanwhile in the FPL leagues....

We are having a couple of admin issues with reconciling who is who and who has entered what (just 2-3 minor discrepancies).  With having more leagues than normal and more of these being 'open' it's proving a little tricky.  Bear with us whilst we get it all sorted and then we'll be able to publish prizes.

Thanks
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2016, 09:32:48 PM »

Update on league entries...

All entries are ratified and all players are correctly entered into their respective leagues.

The final entry numbers and money collected is as follows (league name / entry numbers / money collected) :

Blonde Poker Freeeeee!   29   £0
Blonde Poker £10 Classic   19   £190
Blonde Poker Last Man Standing (£20)   24   £480
Blonde Poker H2H (£20)   34   £680
Blonde Poker Cups Package (£30)   31   £930
Blonde Poker £50 Classic   21   £1050
Blonde Poker £100 Classic   16   £1600

ADDED MONEY   £200

TOTAL   £5130

The added money from Gazza and RobM will be distributed across these leagues.  A small prize taken from that money will be given to the winner of the Blonde Free league, which will be to the highest positioned player in the free league that hasn’t already won a league prize.

There will also be a £50 spot prize donated by RobM for the highest individual ranked player in any 1 gameweek in any of the leagues.  We’ll try and identify who is leading that prize as the season goes on but it would help if people could self-nominate if they have a storming week.  I’d expect that you would need a rank in the top 750 to have a chance at this.

The Last Man Standing League will start in gameweek 16 where 24 players will be taken down to 23 and the weakest link will be ejected from the league, and so on each week until the final 2 will play off in gameweek 38 to be the last man standing.

The H2H will play as a straight matchplay event until the final 3 gameweeks (36-38) when the top 8 will play off in a ¼ final (gw 36), then semi-final in gameweek 37 and a final in gameweek 38.

The cups will start in a few weeks time and The Dazzler will be a long to post about the format in due course.

A record breaking year absolutely smashing the previous years, in terms of prize pool size.  We also have had more individual entries this year than any previous season.  The amount of leagues and variety of game types seems to have really captured interest.

A breakdown of prizes will be published soon.

Greg
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:34:22 PM by Junior Senior » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2016, 12:35:07 AM »

Did you win the playoff?

TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2016, 02:03:31 AM »

Myself and Greg are just tweaking the pay outs and added prize money at the moment. He'll post them in due course.

Regarding the Cups package, we're following the format of the League Cup/FA Cup/Champions League as much as possible.
We're scheduled to start with the League Cup in GW5.
There are 31 entrants (MereNovice is the 32nd but he's Merely there to admin) so all teams will be drawn against each other and 1 lucky random team will have a 'bye' to the next round. It'll be H2H knockout and there will be 6 GWs play. The semi finals will be 2 leg affairs.
If we get a tie, the League Cup does not have replays so we'll go to a 'penalty shootout' tie break. The tie break will be the same as the ingame FPL Cup tiebreak.
If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:
1.Most goals scored in the Gameweek
2.Fewest goals conceded in the Gameweek
3.Virtual coin toss

League Cup
The prizefund is 31 x £5 = £155. The winner, runner up and both beaten semi finalists will receive prizes.
GW5 = last 32.
GW6 = last 16.
GW7 = last 8.
GW8/9 = semi finals
GW10 = League Cup final.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The FA Cup is scheduled to start GW12.
It'll be played along the same principles, H2H knockout. There will be only 5GWs play as there are no 2 leg matches.
If we get a tie, the FA Cup has replays and we have enough spare weeks so we'll go to a replay the following week, which will obviously put back all the other ties by 1 week too.
The prizefund is 31 x £10 = £310. The winner, runner up and both beaten semi finalists will receive prizes.

FA Cup
GW12 = last 32
GW13 = last 16
GW14 = last 8
GW15 = semi finals
GW16 = FA Cup final.
If replays are required, all ties will be put back 1 week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Champions League is scheduled to start GW18.
All 31 teams will be drawn into 8 groups of 4 (with one 'bye') and will play 2 round robin matches against each other for a total of 6 matches. Teams will receive 3pts for a win, 1pt for a draw. Teams will be seeded according to their positions in the league at the time of the draw.
The top 8 in the league will all be 1st seeds, teams positioned 9th-16th will be 2nd seeds, teams positioned 17th-24th will be 3rd seeds and teams positioned 25th-32nd (32nd will be a 'bye') will be 4th seeds.
The top 2 in each group will qualify for the last 16 where 2 leg matches will be played until the final.
The prizefund is 31 x £15 = £465. The winner, runner up and both beaten semi finalists will receive prizes.

Champions League
GW18-GW23 = group matches
GW24/GW25 = last 16
GW26/GW27 = last 8
GW28/GW29 = semi finals
GW30 = Champions League final.

All -4 hits in a GW will be deducted from your Cup score in that GW. This applies to all cup competitions.
If at any point a GW has less than 6 matches (due to postponements), the Cup GW will be declared void and the fixtures will move to the following week.
All draws will be administered by MereNovice and will be posted in the thread in advance.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:25:32 AM by TheDazzler » Logged
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2016, 04:45:07 AM »

Fantastic work Tom/Greg, i'm pinning my hopes on a good cup run after a less than inspiring first two weeks in the league.
diondustbin

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2016, 06:21:18 PM »

this is awesome, great stuff guys
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2016, 08:24:13 PM »

Did you win the playoff?

playing in september
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2016, 08:26:38 PM »

Prizepools
Blonde Poker Freeeeee!   29   £0 (+£50 added)
1st - £25
2nd - £15
3rd - £10

Blonde Poker £10 Classic   19   £190 (+£10 added)
1st - £100
2nd - £60
3rd - £30
4th - £10 (added money)

Blonde Poker Last Man Standing (£20)   24   £480 (+£40 added)
1st - £240
2nd - £160
3rd - £80
4th - £40 (added money)

Blonde Poker H2H (£20)   34   £680
1st - £300
2nd - £150
3rd - £100
Playoff Winner - £80
Runner up - £50

Blonde Poker £50 Classic   21   £1050 (+£50 added)
1st - £550
2nd - £300
3rd - £200
4th - £50 (added money)

Blonde Poker £100 Classic   16   £1600
1st - £800
2nd - £550
3rd - £250

(G) Blonde Poker Cups Package (£30)   31   £930
League Cup.
31 x £5 = £155
Winner - £80
Runner up - £45
Beaten semi finalists - £15 x 2

FA Cup
31 x £10 = £310
Winner - £160
Runner up - £90
Beaten semi finalists - £30 x 2

Champions League
31 x £15 = £465
Winner - £240
Runner up - £135
Beaten semi finalists - £45 x 2
SuperJez

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2016, 09:47:09 PM »

Awesome TY  for the work organising,

Jesus Ibrahimovic+Agueros price together is now sickening.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2016, 10:14:05 PM »

Great work guys
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2016, 11:01:00 PM »

Blonde Fantasy Premier League 2016/17

Prizepools
Blonde Poker Freeeeee!  29   £0 (+£50 added)
1st - £25
2nd - £15
3rd - £10
Blonde Poker £10 Classic  19   £190 (+£10 added)
1st - £100
2nd - £60
3rd - £30
4th - £10 (added money)
Blonde Poker Last Man Standing (£20)   24   £480 (+£40 added)
1st - £240
2nd - £160
3rd - £80
4th - £40 (added money)
The LMS will start in GW16 and the lowest score each week will be removed from the league until we reach the Last Man Standing in GW38. In the event of a tied lowest score, there will be a tie break. The tie break will be the same as the ingame FPL Cup tiebreak.
If a cup match is drawn, then the following tie-breaks will be applied until a winner is found:
3.Virtual coin toss

Blonde Poker H2H (£20)   34   £680
1st - £300
2nd - £150
3rd - £100
Playoff Winner - £80
Runner up - £50
Blonde Poker £50 Classic   21   £1050 (+£50 added)
1st - £550
2nd - £300
3rd - £200
4th - £50 (added money)
Blonde Poker £100 Classic   16   £1600
1st - £800
2nd - £550
3rd - £250
(G) Blonde Poker Cups Package (£30)   31   £930
League Cup.
31 x £5 = £155
Winner - £80
Runner up - £45
Beaten semi finalists - £15 x 2
FA Cup
31 x £10 = £310
Winner - £160
Runner up - £90
Beaten semi finalists - £30 x 2
Champions League
31 x £15 = £465
Winner - £240
Runner up - £135
Beaten semi finalists - £45 x 2

Regarding the Cups package, we're following the format of the League Cup/FA Cup/Champions League as much as possible.
We're scheduled to start with the League Cup in GW5.
There are 31 entrants (MereNovice is the 32nd but he's Merely there to admin) so all teams will be drawn against each other and 1 lucky random team will have a 'bye' to the next round. It'll be H2H knockout and there will be 6 GWs play. The semi finals will be 2 leg affairs.
If we get a tie, the League Cup does not have replays so we'll go to a 'penalty shootout' tie break. The tie break will be the same as the ingame FPL Cup tiebreak.
3.Virtual coin toss

League Cup
GW5 = last 32.
GW6 = last 16.
GW7 = last 8.
GW8/9 = semi finals
GW10 = League Cup final.
The FA Cup is scheduled to start GW12.
It'll be played along the same principles, H2H knockout. There will be only 5GWs play as there are no 2 leg matches.
If we get a tie, the FA Cup has replays and we have enough spare weeks so we'll go to a replay the following week, which will obviously put back all the other ties by 1 week too. If there is a 2nd tie, the tie breaker will come into play.

FA Cup
GW12 = last 32
GW13 = last 16
GW14 = last 8
GW15 = semi finals
GW16 = FA Cup final.
If replays are required, all ties will be put back 1 week.
Champions League is scheduled to start GW18.
All 31 teams will be drawn into 8 groups of 4 (with one 'bye') and will play 2 round robin matches against each other for a total of 6 matches. Teams will receive 3pts for a win, 1pt for a draw. Teams will be seeded according to their positions in the league at the time of the draw.
The top 8 in the league will all be 1st seeds, teams positioned 9th-16th will be 2nd seeds, teams positioned 17th-24th will be 3rd seeds and teams positioned 25th-32nd (32nd will be a 'bye') will be 4th seeds.
The top 2 in each group will qualify for the last 16 where 2 leg matches will be played until the final.

Champions League
GW18-GW23 = group matches
GW24/GW25 = last 16
GW26/GW27 = last 8
GW28/GW29 = semi finals
GW30 = Champions League final.

All -4 hits in a GW will be deducted from your Cup score in that GW. This applies to all cup competitions.
If at any point a GW has less than 6 matches (due to postponements), the Cup GW will be declared void and the fixtures will move to the following week.
All draws will be administered by MereNovice and will be posted in the thread in advance.

Many thanks to Greg for raising the cash and to Gazza and RobM for the added money. Also many thanks to MereNovice who will again administer our Cups.
It was a remarkable feat by Greg to get even more money into the pot this year as prize pools in FPL cash leagues right across the Net are down this year. 2+2 has less than half than what they had last year, I think.
If a mod can replace the opening post in this thread with this post, that'd be much appreciated.  

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:03:19 PM by TheDazzler » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: