blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:17:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2572289 times)
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #11685 on: November 25, 2012, 01:43:10 PM »

Thanks Alex
Your kind words meant a great deal

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
LIONRAMPANT

View Profile
« Reply #11686 on: November 25, 2012, 05:57:09 PM »

Xfered the ££ - hope you get the lot
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11687 on: November 26, 2012, 02:59:59 AM »

Sunday shitday. Almost guaranteed to have a losing month now. Bubbled the hiroller for literally the third sunday in a row lol. Really wanted a perfect year too Sad November 2011 was my last losing month so I will be taking November off in 2013 Tongue

Decided to be sensible and sell off 10% more of my Prague package, to take into account this downswing. Would be too much of a punt.

But 50% of a million euros just isn't as much as 60% Tongue

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #11688 on: November 26, 2012, 03:07:54 AM »

November 2011 was my last losing month so I will be taking November off in 2013 Tongue

+1. Almost went broke this time last year; breaking even November 2012 despite biggest ever winning session. Stupid month. Petition to get it removed imo
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #11689 on: November 26, 2012, 03:29:41 AM »

confirmed worst month of the year for me too, and bought the 10% to try and get out.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #11690 on: November 26, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »

Hey Alex,
Really enjoyed yesturday@ Dtd was good to catch up its been a long while!

Yeh it was good.

Congrats on the 4th place. I'm pretty annoyed at myself for making a dumb mistake to bust just before the money.

Was really happy with how I was playing as well. I'm not known for hero folds, but I made 3 in one orbit, first was standard (A7 on 7553 to a turn c/raise with added hollywood to make it easy) then the second I raised 97ss, checked back J98hhh villain bet 1/2 pot on brick turn and then 1.2x pot on a 9 river and I folded and he showed Q9. Then I raised AJ and the board came J4538 with backdoor spades, I bet flop and turn and then villain (who'd commented about me making some big laydowns) donk shoved the river. It felt like an easy fold, but I was close to calling because I'd shown those folds and thought he might be taking advantage. Then I thought, no, he just has it! So I folded and then got shown A4o sigh!

So 2/3 were correct, was really surprised to be shown a bluff in the third one to be honest. I know if I'd called and lost I would've gone home really annoyed at myself for making a terrible call.

Ended up going home really annoyed at myself for making a terrible jam, again got tarped by some pesky limper who I thought would never ever call but he did, guess what I had? J2o again haha! He had AQ, exactly the same as the monte carlo exit lol, when will I learn and when will J2 finally get there come on!?!?

Then the most tilting thing happened when I got home - there's a $525 $500k gtd on 888 today so I signed up and deposited. 500 is the limit, so I tried to spin up $25 so I could reg. Played 3x $25+$1 hu sngs (lost first, won second and third) so I had $522.

Guess what happened? I lost the lot trying to get that extra $3. Seriously Sad Feeling like a twat at the moment.

PJ has made day 3 of the GPS with like 28 left and £50k ftw so would totally change my mood if he has a big score. Relying on him big time today.
ha ha. I love the way we can see how your game is coming on. Showing how good your folds are, picking up obv tells and in another few months you will be saying shit like "there's no such thing as a bad fold". That's when your game will be totally knackered and we will welcome you to the club. Turn back now before its too late.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #11691 on: November 26, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »

Do you have a monetary point were you would consider quiting or would you just get backed if you somehow went busto ?

Not being negative and you obv haven't got much to worry about when November is your 1st losing month of the year, just wondered.

Plus the months not over yet, just win a lol donkament.
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #11692 on: November 27, 2012, 08:19:27 PM »

After all that about not grimming me on the sale of that GPS seat for Mitch you then charge him 80 excess. Who needs enemies.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11693 on: November 27, 2012, 08:37:34 PM »

Do you have a monetary point were you would consider quiting or would you just get backed if you somehow went busto ?

Not being negative and you obv haven't got much to worry about when November is your 1st losing month of the year, just wondered.

Plus the months not over yet, just win a lol donkament.

I guess there's a point yes. I'd drop down stakes before I got backed again probably. I make very slight adjustments every week really, eg. not playing sunday $500, and recently have dropped things like the 2nd chance and some of the tougher stars comps from my schedule. So I'll continue to fluctuate what I play as my roll fluctuates.

If things got bad enough that I felt uncomfortable playing the stuff I really wanna be playing every week month e.g. sunday millions, DTD deepstacks, then I'd look at getting staked again.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11694 on: November 28, 2012, 12:18:20 AM »

Stato's been playing loads of countdown with his opponent in the next round, just getting reads etc. They've played 17times this week and stato's 10-7 down unfortunately, but he says he is only playing at 95% capicity due to mulitabling (poker not countdown lol) so it's pretty close he thinks. Gonna be a good match in January that's for sure!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
lah30f

View Profile
« Reply #11695 on: November 28, 2012, 12:34:54 AM »

Stato's been playing loads of countdown with his opponent in the next round, just getting reads etc. They've played 17times this week and stato's 10-7 down unfortunately, but he says he is only playing at 95% capicity due to mulitabling (poker not countdown lol) so it's pretty close he thinks. Gonna be a good match in January that's for sure!

He needs to stop the multitabling and concentrate on games he stands a chance of  winning. You can never have too many dictiionaries or teapots imo.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11696 on: November 28, 2012, 12:35:36 AM »

He needs to stop the multitabling and concentrate on games he stands a chance of  winning. You can never have too many dictiionaries or teapots imo.

YES LYNN IS IT

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #11697 on: November 28, 2012, 12:43:53 AM »

Lookylikey!
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11698 on: November 28, 2012, 09:53:35 AM »

Hey Alex.

I was at St Pancras International the other day. In the main hall there is a battered old piano with the words "play Me" painted on it.

A passer by sat down, tinkled a few keys and then got up again. I shouted for more and he obliged me by playing a ragtime piece.

I videoed it with my phone. If I send you the file, will you upload it to Youtube for me please? You could also let us know what you think of his playing.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11699 on: November 28, 2012, 10:31:16 AM »

I used to be in London every Thursday or Friday, travelling through St Pancras.  Last November I missed Seth Lakeman playing his violin my minutes Sad.  So gutted as he's such a brilliant violinist (and it must be tough to sing and play the violin at the same time) and I've seen him play live a few times, but it's always special seeing someone play like this.

Anyway, someone else posted it onto Youtube:

You can't beat a bit of live music at a train station to lift the spirit. Especially when you're heading in to London...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 776 777 778 779 [780] 781 782 783 784 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: