blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Omaha mtt advice on this hand
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Omaha mtt advice on this hand  (Read 2019 times)
Zabeen

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2008, 06:02:23 PM »

I have been playing profitable mtt Omaha for almost a year now, however situations like this one keep occurring and I would be very gratefully for any comments or advice on the way I played this hand specifically, and how to generally approach these situations as I am a little unclear about what the best way to play, especially where there are the other factors that influence mtts such as tournament life.

In this situation I know the Villain to be a good player, more than capable of making a move, and put her on the nut flush draw from the way she bet. My all in raise was trying to give her the wrong odds to draw.

There are 17 people left in the mtt and 9 are paid. If I win this hand I am just about chip leader, if i losse then i am left with just 4 big blinds.

Game Type: OMAHA
Limit Type: POT LIMIT
Table Type: TOURNAMENT

Blinds are now $150/$300
Button is at seat 5
Seat 1: -  $2,225
Seat 2: - $2,265
Seat 3: Villain - $5,430
Seat 4: - $2,805
Seat 5:  - $11,120
Seat 6: Our Hero - $6,645

Hero 

Seat 1 : ($150)
Seat 2 : ($300)

Villain Calls $300
Seat 4 folds
Seat 5 folds
Hero  calls $300
Seat 1 Calls: $300
Seat 2 checks
Dealing Flop

Seat 1 : checks
Seat 2 checks
Villain $900
Hero $3,900
Seat 1 :  folds
Seat 2 :folds
Villain : raises to $5,130 (all-in)
Hero : calls $5,130

Villain shows   
Hero shows

T-   R -

The % are 52.81% to me and 47.18 to my enemy

Am I right to get my chips in with the best of it and ask them to pay for there draw here, or is there better long term profit in calling here and trying to push them off on the next street ?

Thanks

Zab

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

ok this was your SB, right? (or the button would be on you in this set up)

You have a big hand pre-flop...there are 2 ways you can decide to play this now;

1 You decide you have a good hand and want to get something out of it and raise pre. Not ideal as you are playing out of position (if my assumption that you are SB was correct). If you were not SB but UTG or button I raise pre a lot. (90% of the time)

2; You decide that (because you are out of position) you want to play small ball. In that case the check raise on the flop flop is not a good idea. Check calling and re-assessing the turn is better.
In this case the villain in the hand isn't going anywhere..he's hit a near enough perfect flop for him.

If you could clarify where exactly you were on the table (in position or SB or UTG) that would help a lot as it has a big impact on where you are going in this hand

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 09:01:10 PM »

You have a big hand pre-flop...there are 2 ways you can decide to play this now;

1 You decide you have a good hand and want to get something out of it and raise pre. Not ideal as you are playing out of position (if my assumption that you are SB was correct). If you were not SB but UTG or button I raise pre a lot. (90% of the time)

2; You decide that (because you are out of position) you want to play small ball. In that case the check raise on the flop flop is not a good idea. Check calling and re-assessing the turn is better.
In this case the villain in the hand isn't going anywhere..he's hit a near enough perfect flop for him.

If you could clarify where exactly you were on the table (in position or SB or UTG) that would help a lot as it has a big impact on where you are going in this hand

Read the post mug she's small blind.

FWIW - I don't raise that flop.  I am happy to call and peel of another card that is a very draw heavy board we could be up against a bigger set, or indeed as you say nut flush with a combo draw could have a wrap try and get it in on a non scary turn card is what I'd do.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »

You have a big hand pre-flop...

really ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 09:29:49 PM »

yawn, just get it in on the flop and then remember PLO is not a tournament game!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Zabeen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 09:59:42 PM »

Hi

Thanks for your comment fellas.

OK this was your SB, right? (or the button would be on you in this set up)

FWIW - I don't raise that flop.  I am happy to call and peel of another card that is a very draw heavy board we could be up against a bigger set, or indeed as you say nut flush with a combo draw could have a wrap try and get it in on a non scary turn card is what I'd do.

Sorry I was not clear on this. I was the button on this hand. First time I have posted one of these. I would not have check raise with a hand as week as 2nd trips on this board.

Like the thinking with the call and push on a blank turn think I will give that one a try and see how it works for me

You have a big hand pre-flop...

really ?

I agree, I have a nice drawing hand pre fop, but I dont think the limpers are going any where if i rase, Im mostly looking to play it off the flop here. Could be wrong but thats genraly the way I play.

yawn, just get it in on the flop and then remember PLO is not a tournament game!

Sorry to boar you. I disagree. Mtt PLO is my most profitable game,  ok the variants are high but there are ways to play this format that yield consistant returns there for I think its worth analysing this sort of situation
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 10:08:19 PM by Zabeen » Logged
Zabeen

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »

Sorry about the messy post. Just cant get the hang of quoting
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »

Flushy doesn't like it cos he cant reraise allin for 20bbs.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 12:37:47 AM »

You are shortstacked, you flop a set just get it in before they find a reason to pass worse hands

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »

Read the post mug she's small blind.

sigh..reread the post seat 1 posted the SB. Smiley

Blinds are now $150/$300
Button is at seat 5

Villain Calls $300
Seat 4 folds
Seat 5 folds
Hero  calls $300
Seat 2 checks

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Benny Brox

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »

I would fold pre-flop, 5567 is not a hand I'd get involved in at this stage even on the button.

As played, you have bottom set on a draw heavy board in a multi-way pot, not a great situation. You have said the villain is a decent player so I would doubt she would lead into a multi-way pot with just a pair of Jacks, therefore she probably has a made hand or a good draw. You also have position so I'm happy to play it passively here and just call and see what the turn brings.
riverdave

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2008, 06:57:23 AM »

Disagree strongly i think it makes a great tournament game with a decent structure. In fact i'd be totally busto online if it wasn't for my PLO tournament results in the last 2 months, i'm just slightly worried playing so many has been detrimental to my online NLH tourney game.
On the hand nothing wrong as played i'm allin on the flop with both hands, my style in these is to get a massive stack and pummel people with it or bust trying, generally runners are small in PLO comps so out and out play FTW is the way to maximise profit.
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 09:39:02 PM »

I have been playing profitable mtt Omaha for almost a year now, however situations like this one keep occurring and I would be very gratefully for any comments or advice on the way I played this hand specifically, and how to generally approach these situations as I am a little unclear about what the best way to play, especially where there are the other factors that influence mtts such as tournament life.

In this situation I know the Villain to be a good player, more than capable of making a move, and put her on the nut flush draw from the way she bet. My all in raise was trying to give her the wrong odds to draw.

There are 17 people left in the mtt and 9 are paid. If I win this hand I am just about chip leader, if i losse then i am left with just 4 big blinds.

Game Type: OMAHA
Limit Type: POT LIMIT
Table Type: TOURNAMENT

Blinds are now $150/$300
Button is at seat 5

Hero 

Villain Calls $300
Seat 4 folds
Seat 5 folds
Hero  calls $300
Seat 2 checks
Dealing Flop

Seat 1 : checks
Seat 2 checks
Villain $900
Hero $3,900
Seat 1 :  folds
Seat 2 :folds
Villain : raises to $5,130 (all-in)
Hero : calls $5,130

Villain shows   
Hero shows

T-   R -

The % are 52.81% to me and 47.18 to my enemy

Am I right to get my chips in with the best of it and ask them to pay for there draw here, or is there better long term profit in calling here and trying to push them off on the next street ?

Thanks

Zab

best of blonde.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: