blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:03:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 2 - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokerstars.com Bahamas EPT: Day 2 - Interactive  (Read 38516 times)
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2008, 12:20:39 AM »

Håkon Bentsen must have downed a gallon of Red Bull during the last break because he's now shot up to a nose-bleed inducing 245k. His latest scalp was Ryan Collett, the Norwegian feeing obliged to call a 20,500 bet on a Flop with a paltry , but somehow finding himself ahead against Collett's . He may have been ahead, but Håkon would need the dexterity of 11 Phil Hellmuths to dodge these bullets, but like the nimble twinkle-toed panther that he is, dodge them he did as a and Two Clubs bricked out on the Turn and River to send the American packing.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2008, 12:23:53 AM »

Nick Gibson is no more (I don't mean his passed away, just that he's been eliminated), his parting words being, "Ace Jack versus Nines, glad to find a spot."
Gobbomom

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2008, 12:25:26 AM »

Eric Lynch plays live, too Snoops. He's a good man. 

Americans are also following Chistian Harder (Charder) a young online player.  Heard he's up there in chips. 
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2008, 12:26:49 AM »

Julian Thew has somehow magicked his way to 270k. He was very blase about it when I made my inquiries, claiming that he hasn't encountered any major pots. He did confess to adding a few chips to his stack with Queens on a dangerous Flop, and also an A-T versus A-4 confrontation on an Ace high board.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2008, 12:27:15 AM »

Americans are also following Chistian Harder (Charder) a young online player.  Heard he's up there in chips. 

Do you have a photo of Christian?
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2008, 12:41:25 AM »

Here he is next to Hakor Bentsen.
I see that I don't have to rush my spanishlessions, since your Norweigian isn't quite there yet Chis Cheesy
His name is Håkon, or if you don't want to copy/paste the å everytime, Haakon.

Thanks Kjetil, I'm still waiting for my Norwegian keyboard...

Eric Lynch has about 305k, but just had the chip lead snatched away from him...

By Jon Friedberg...Josh Arieh raised to 9k from early position and one player flat-called before Friedberg made it 50k. Arieh pushed and the other player folded. Friedberg made the call with his dominating Arieh's with the board bricking out making Friedberg the chip leader with 380k...

But then I'm typing that all up and then Benjo comes in declaring that Elky aka Betrand Grospieller has just knocked out another player with A-K vs Queens making him the new chip leader with 410k...

Phew!

Gobbomom

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2008, 12:43:22 AM »

Do you have a photo of Christian?
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2008, 12:47:44 AM »

Good luck to Mr Thew

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2008, 12:57:59 AM »

Will Hill's going to be proud of this guy, because Julian Thew has eliminated his next door neighbour and is now on a mouth-watering 350,000. Mateyboy raised it up from early position, Julian re-raised, Mateyboy pushed all-in and Julian made the call, obviously hoping that he was up against overcards.

Mateyboy =

Julian =

Flop =

Turn = three diamonds

River =

Was it ever in doubt?

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2008, 12:59:35 AM »

Hugo Spangenberg has just enjoyed a last level double up. He found Aces and survived an 8-2-8-J-6 rainbow board against Nines and Fives, the latter of the pairs belonging to Thierry Van Den Berg.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2008, 01:02:54 AM »

I apologise for rattling off the hands with such little elaboration, but they've gone bananas during this last level, the latest victim being Dutchman Marc Naalden.

There was an initial raise, ElkY re-raised and Naalden pushed all-in for circa 80k. ElkY called with A-K, Naalden had Queens. King on the River.

ElkY now rumoured to be the current chip leader with somewhere around the 400k mark.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2008, 01:09:02 AM »

This isn't just the face of a man who's experienced a WSOP Main Event final table, but also one that's just got his fingers caught firmly in the cookie jar, yet survived to tell the tale.

With the Flop reading Two Diamonds, Khan bet, Yankieboy raised and Khan pushed all-in. Yankieboy quickly called with to find that he was in terrific shape against Khan's , but a three diamonds Turn followed by a River soon put a stop to that, a sneaky backdoor flush giving Khan a perhaps undeserving second lifeline.

"Gross," added an observer as the dealer pushed the chip towards Khan.

It must also be said that Khan didn't jump around as if suffering from an epileptic fit or mimic any kind of primate as a form of victory dance, instead remaining silent in his seat until the chips were pushed his way.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2008, 01:10:47 AM »

I found Christian Harder, he had about 220k just before the end...

Eric Lynch regained the chip lead right at the end, calling an all-in on a Two Diamonds board with Kings up against the drawing .

The river was the and 'Rizen' is the first player over the 500k mark. Elky and Mark Friedberg are close behind, with Julian Thew also in the mix with 370k and William Thorson lurking on 311k.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2008, 01:20:27 AM »

Just for you Vic, Nicolas Levi has 75k. He lost a coinflip with Queens to Ace King but feels he has enough to choose his spots tomorrow, so isn't feeling too down.

bother84

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2008, 01:21:58 AM »

Any ideas in what shape Asa Smith finished the day?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: