blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 06:46:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  I hate making calls like that...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate making calls like that...  (Read 2162 times)
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 10:43:29 AM »

Dealer: jamesw07 calls 240

I think this tells you he doesnt have KK or AA, the main worry would be QQ, but maybe he would re-raise with that preflop aswell...

nice call.
tantrum
K2o

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 11:16:37 AM »

I was thinking
he did not have QQ as with shallow stacks low buy-in tourney QQ are played fast.  So it was kind of instinct call but based on the previous actions of this player.  The more i play the more I realise that paying attention to betting patterns of your opponent is important.  Also I have decided to keep a log of my successful reads and unsuccesful ones.  Kind of of diary of my reads.  It makes me focus more on players and their actions rather then cards I  have.  One of the good excercises to do so is to play MTT with your hole cards covered.  It is a great fun but it teaches you how to play a position and pay attention to other's betting patterns.  You can never limp while performing this excercise.  And most of you hands should be played from the late position.

'Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is.'
Francis Bacon
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: