blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 06:00:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1289970 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4770 on: December 28, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »

Suarez gets a 1 match ban for his gesture in the Fulham game. He misses the Newcastle game on Friday.

Good old FA.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: December 28, 2011, 01:26:24 PM »

Suarez gets a 1 match ban for his gesture in the Fulham game. He misses the Newcastle game on Friday.

Good old FA.

You've got a problem with this? He's admired a charge that carrys a 1 match ban. I'd say a one match ban was pretty fair

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: December 28, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »

Good old FA.

what would you suggest?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4773 on: December 28, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »

Yes, he admitted the charge, yes the charge carries a 1 match ban. Fine i accept that.

Is their though a difference between a verbal swear and a hand gesture? If not then im sure all players would get a ban every game, and if it is different, why is it different.

Im sure down the years their have been plenty of cases of hand gestures and no charge was brought against the player, again im not saying that makes what Suarez did right but the FA do seem to have a lot of double standards these days.

Going back to the Suarez v Evra incident you have to say whether Suarez is at fault or not that the FA have made a joke of proceedings. The match was back in Oct and it took so long to get to a hearing while they gathered evidence. Two weeks on from the hearing and they still havent presented Liverpool with the paperwork and say it might be a couple weeks yet until they do. Not the most professional way to run things.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4774 on: December 28, 2011, 01:45:51 PM »

Also the Fulham game was 23 days ago, i think its wrong to take that long to suspend a player giving that it is 48 hours until Liverpools next game.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: December 28, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »

77dave, I hear what you say and it sounds to me like "wah wah wah, life's so unfair" and "Liverpool always get treated worse than everyone else". 

There is a difference between hand gesture and swearing. Maybe that's why Suarez got a one match ban for flipping his finger and Rooney got a two match ban last season for swearing at the camera?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: December 29, 2011, 01:46:48 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3569681/Wayne-Rooney-New-V-sign-insult-storm.html

What ban did Rooney get for this can anyone remember because I cant....Sorry its the s*n Kin
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: December 29, 2011, 04:15:56 PM »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3569681/Wayne-Rooney-New-V-sign-insult-storm.html

What ban did Rooney get for this can anyone remember because I cant....Sorry its the s*n Kin

Well he got given a 2 match ban for swearing into a camera...whereas Suarez has managed to get away with a single game ban despite an offensive gesture directed towards the crowd.

Don't think there's much room for complaint from the Scousers on this one. Although I imagine they'll give it a go.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: December 29, 2011, 07:02:45 PM »

I think Liverpool have every right to complain. Sticking your middle finger up to the crowd would be interpreted as sticking your thumb up to the crowd back in Uruguay. It's a term of endearment in South America so one match ban seems harsh.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4779 on: December 29, 2011, 07:29:10 PM »

I think Liverpool have every right to complain. Sticking your middle finger up to the crowd would be interpreted as sticking your thumb up to the crowd back in Uruguay. It's a term of endearment in South America so one match ban seems harsh.

Helpful comment as ever

My point was about the way the FA have handled the issue, i expected that Suarez should get the ban. My complaint was against the time it took to issue the ban and the fact that it was 48 hours before the Newcastle game

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: December 29, 2011, 07:41:06 PM »

Lol

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
sweet potata!

View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: December 29, 2011, 08:05:20 PM »

Well he got given a 2 match ban for swearing into a camera...whereas Suarez has managed to get away with a single game ban despite an offensive gesture directed towards the crowd.

Don't think there's much room for complaint from the Scousers on this one. Although I imagine they'll give it a go.

That didn't really answer my Q though, so how many games did he get for the v's?
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: December 29, 2011, 08:11:34 PM »

LOL
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: December 29, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »

Helpful comment as ever

My point was about the way the FA have handled the issue, i expected that Suarez should get the ban. My complaint was against the time it took to issue the ban and the fact that it was 48 hours before the Newcastle game

I think your complaint should be against the player. A great club like Liverpool have bought him in for 22 million quid and bestowed him with a great honour of wearing the famous No.7 shirt and scoring goals in front of the Kop, with great support and significant financial terms, and in return he's sticking his fingers up at the crowd and calling Evra a little black dude. I think you should forget about the FA. All the mums and dads in the crowd don't want their kids seeing players make obscene gestures and rightly so. Liverpool need to sit Suarez down and remind him he's playing on the lawns of England now. The player alone is responsible for Liverpool's selection problems at Newcastle and Liverpool should address his petulance rather than chastise the FA imo. All seems a bit ungrateful actually.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4784 on: December 29, 2011, 08:41:29 PM »

Absolute tosh, again your anti-liverpool view allows you to transfer the points being made. If the FA did their job correctly Suarez would of missed the Blackburn game so it is the FAs fault he is out against newcastle.

Ok so he has made some mistakes since coming to this country and the excuses that have been made may  not be good enough and maybe he should know better but none of his crimes at Liverpool have been worse than those which current and former England captains have recently committed. So for you to  get on your high horse over the honor of playing for Liverpool or what mum and dads expect their children to see when they go to football match is just the usual whistling that you do.

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 317 318 [319] 320 321 322 323 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: