blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 10:28:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Interesting Hand in the Warm Up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting Hand in the Warm Up  (Read 1652 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »

What do you think of my play so far in the hand?

What should I do now?

I have no reads on the opponent.

PokerStars Game #28830423548: Tournament #165742223, $200+$15 Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (100/200) - 2009/05/31 18:39:39 WET [2009/05/31 13:39:39 ET]
Table '165742223 228' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: joemac17 (10600 in chips)
Seat 2: fazi608 (19284 in chips)
Seat 3: tong26 (9725 in chips)
Seat 4: Grezi (50350 in chips)
Seat 5: coryward (9700 in chips)
Seat 6: massax (3150 in chips)
Seat 7: Pointer (20475 in chips)
Seat 8: DelBono (6800 in chips)
Seat 9: The Camel (9525 in chips)
The Camel: posts small blind 100
joemac17: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to The Camel [ ]
fazi608: folds
tong26: folds
Grezi: folds
coryward: folds
massax: folds
Pointer: folds
DelBono: folds
The Camel: calls 100
joemac17: checks
*** FLOP *** [ ]
The Camel: bets 200
joemac17: calls 200
*** TURN *** [ ] []
The Camel: checks
joemac17: bets 500
The Camel: calls 500
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
The Camel: bets 1000
joemac17: raises 8700 to 9700 and is all-in

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
DUNK619

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »

im rubbish but i would call and get a bigger flush put in my eye
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »

with no reads I cry and pass. wu players are so nitty early on, you're losing to most of them here

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 11:28:24 PM »

i cheated and checked his stats - abi $108 with roi of 41% out of 1100 odd mtts but slightly miscued by the fact he recently took 3rd for $44000 in a $109 rebuy,your hand is pretty face up after the check call turn lead river line imo so i guess a reluctant fold though joemac's line of play does seem bluffy lol lol.
As played i agree with you , it is interesting hand..The river could be played differently i guess with a check call because i can't think of too many hands that call you on this board that you have beat the way the action has gone[maybe against a sat qualifier i might lead though Smiley]
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 11:56:54 PM »

How about check raising the turn?

noble1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 12:31:24 AM »

might work if you want to get creative but if called it may well mean following it through with an all in on the river no matter what card comes..be interesting how others will view this line though 

out of interest what was your line of thought with the jacks in the $500,000 gtd? no worries if u wish not to reply,i'm just being nosy Smiley
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 01:05:16 AM by noble1 » Logged
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 01:03:59 AM »

might work if you want to get creative but if called it may well mean following it through with an all in on the river no matter what card comes..

out of interest what was your line of thought with the jacks in the $500,000 gtd? no worries if u wish not to reply,i'm just being nosy Smiley

I thought he was he was bluffing Smiley

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 01:12:07 AM »

i cheated and checked his stats - abi $108 with roi of 41% out of 1100 odd mtts but slightly miscued by the fact he recently took 3rd for $44000 in a $109 rebuy,your hand is pretty face up after the check call turn lead river line imo so i guess a reluctant fold though joemac's line of play does seem bluffy lol lol.
As played i agree with you , it is interesting hand..The river could be played differently i guess with a check call because i can't think of too many hands that call you on this board that you have beat the way the action has gone[maybe against a sat qualifier i might lead though Smiley]

If this was the case, and the villain was beating us, would this be the best way for him to extract value from the hand?
noble1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2009, 01:29:04 AM »

If this was the case, and the villain was beating us, would this be the best way for him to extract value from the hand?

I guess u mean the check call line on the river?
i'm just quoting the theory of poker here on river decisions- ''You should bet when your hand is a favorite to win when called. Not when it is the favorite to be the best hand, but when it is the favorite to be the best hand against a hand with which your opponent will call.''

I'm stuck here free_rollin as joemacs bet on the turn tbh has me scratching my head to what hand range he could possibly have given how the action has gone up to now in a limped pot but as played to river yes i do prefer the check call to the lead.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2009, 01:40:58 AM »

i'm just quoting the theory of poker here on river decisions- ''You should bet when your hand is a favorite to win when called. Not when it is the favorite to be the best hand, but when it is the favorite to be the best hand against a hand with which your opponent will call.''

I'm stuck here free_rollin as joemacs bet on the turn tbh has me scratching my head to what hand range he could possibly have given how the action has gone up to now in a limped pot but as played to river yes i do prefer the check call to the lead.

If the villain was a top player, the turn bet would be a monster because he's giving me odds to hit any draw I might have.

With no reads his range is very very wide imo.

Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2009, 01:59:00 AM »

I was talking from the villain's point of view, that if he knows what the hero has, and believes the hero has made a flush, AND he believes he is winning, will an all-in be the best way for him to extract value?

Personally, I don't think villain is raising all-in on river with just trips (lol, have no reads, but assuming he is a decent player). He could have air, but taking noble's point of view that the hero's flush is obvious, it would be a rather big move and a big assumption that hero does not call with the flush. I think you're beat camel, however if i was in your situation, the donk in me probably snaps.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2009, 02:04:18 AM »

If the villain was a top player, the turn bet would be a monster because he's giving me odds to hit any draw I might have.

!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2009, 12:28:50 PM »

Firstly I pass or raise pre. Don't like to flat oop but that's just me.

Your line looks really strong here to me.

You lead out for just half the pot on the flop then check call the turn when he shows some interest.

You then lead out on the river which means you must have something.

He's either got the lot or sweet f.a. imo.

I wouldn't be worried about the bigger flush here. I'm more concerned about the full house.

It looks to me like he's got the 5 in his hand. It's about 4 to 1 as to whether he's got something of significance with it.

Surely if he's got a set he calls as he has good showdown value?

I think I have to reluctantly pass here.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: