blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:26:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  PokerStars UKIPT Edinburgh thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PokerStars UKIPT Edinburgh thread  (Read 18257 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2010, 12:45:25 PM »

1-2 Blondes gogogogo

^This!^

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2010, 03:35:46 PM »

Cody out 11th, AJ into AA

Mair finals, 9 left. Gogogogogoogo

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2010, 03:54:20 PM »

Come on Mair take it down

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2010, 04:01:10 PM »

Come on Mair take it down

!!!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2010, 04:01:57 PM »

Seat 1: Mantas Puidokas, 252,000
Seat 2: Luke Marsh, 1,175,000
Seat 3: Owen Robinson, 208,000
Seat 4: Suzanne Pyefinch, 523,000
Seat 5: Mary Martin, 187,000
Seat 6: Joeri Zandvliet, 1,181,000
Seat 7: Nick Abou Risk, 1,533,000
Seat 8: Richard Chadwick, 439,000
Seat 9: Max Silver, 242,000

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2010, 04:37:42 PM »

think Luke Marsh might win this
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2010, 05:35:50 PM »

Is the ft being streamed?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2010, 06:07:41 PM »

no

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »

From Stars Blog

5.50pm: Bad news for Martin

Mary Martin is our first final table casualty after shoving from the cut-off for 120,000 with A♥T♠. Zandvliet called from the button with A♠K♥. The flop killed off Martin's chances of a suckout as the board ran out 6♥K♦6♦Q♠3♠. -- RD

trafficjam

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2010, 07:38:56 PM »

Well done Mary

I must refrain from falling in love with my hole cards!
Dacey

Probably on tilt somewhere

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2010, 07:56:59 PM »

Thought you guys might want to see this:

http://www.pokerstars.tv/poker-video-6529-ukipt-edinburgh-finalist-mary-martin.html

I'm blogging the event with Nick (dino1980) and I'm not going to go into this hugely but.. we've been working bloody hard here. Obviously it's different coverage from what some of you are used to with Blonde but it's a different beast entirely as we're not focussing on one group of players particulalry but trying to cover the width and breadth of the tournament. There are certain players, such as the German Schwade brothers, who we made a effort to follow because players/supporters in Germany had contacted the blog. It's impossible to cover every player in a 400 strong field but requests will be certainly be listened to. Anyway, well played to the blondies that made it deep.

Look us up for a pint in Dublin Wink

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:03:04 AM by Dacey » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2010, 10:37:58 AM »

Courtesy of www.pokerstarsblog.com

Nick Abou Risk has won the UKIPT Edinburgh beating a field of 401 players for £50,000 and a £5,000 seat into the UKIPT Grand Final, aka EPT London. And didn't he play well. Having seized the chip lead at the end of Day 1B, albeit with Owen Robinson still ahead as Day 1A chip leader, he never looked back. Abou Risk started the tournament sat on the right of Jesse May and Liv Boeree, upon whom he wreaked merry hell. Boeree lost two huge pots to him, once four-betting K♣J♣ into his aces and the other time shoving a non-nut flush into, but of course, the nut flush. Abou Risk played a tough questioning brand of poker all the way through to the final table and ultimately to take down the inaugural UKIPT Edinburgh title.

"I had a good feeling on that first day where I was talking through a lot of hands with Liv Boeree," said Abou Risk "Realising that she had some respect for my game gave me a lot of confidence and I started stealing a lot more blinds." Abou Risk wasn't the only player in contention though and must have been thankful that short stacks Owen Robinson (9th £3,400) and Jake Cody (11th £2,200) earned early dismissals after play restarted with 11 left at 3pm earlier today.

All three of the Day 2 million chip club (Abou Risk, Joeri Zandvliet and Luke Marsh) made it to the final four, and no-one could have said that any of them wouldn't have been a worthy winner. Entering their ranks, and eventually making it to heads up, was Mantas Puidokas. The Lithuanian played a tighter game than most making some big folds, at one point folding queens four-handed to Luke Marsh (who held ace-six so we've been told). The preying mantis almost went all the way and even held the lead three-handed but Abou Risk attacked him relentlessly heads up winning nine hands in a row at one point. Abou Risk finally broke the Lithuanian with J♣6♠ to K♥9♥ flopping two-pair and turning a boat for good measure.

Poker commentator Jesse May had been in Nick Abou Risk's firing line on Day 1 and wasn't surprised that he made it this far: "I had a feeling Nick was going to go a long way. He looked really comfortable at the table and managed to make someone fold kings face-up preflop." To be fair, no-one at the table said it was a good pass at the time but Abou Risk's cultured aggression took him all the way to heads up.

Abou Risk picked out Luke Marsh as the key threat at the table: "Luke started running over the table and I got it in with A♠6♠ and he made a big call with king jack." It was a huge turning point that shifted the sands of this tournament, bringing Abou Risk and Marsh back close to even. Had Marsh won that pot he would have around two-thirds of the chips in play with four players left. The term 'walk in the park' springs to mind had he won that pot. Marsh played some fantastic poker and we expect to see more of the young player.

Fourth place finisher Joeri Zandvliet came so close to scoring an historic double UKIPT win after claiming the UKIPT Manchester win back in February. It's a boast that hasn't been achieved on the PokerStars European Poker Tour which has 57 separate winners. That monkey remains well and truly on the back of both tours.
Zandvliet is a player that not only has game but also loves his time at the table. This very first UKIPT Edinburgh final table had been a quality one with plenty of three- and four-betting and just as much banter. Max Silver and Joeri Zandvliet were particularly chatty but Silver's tongue got him into trouble when he called for a chop on the river when he was already ahead and the board duly delivered a split. He went out in sixth.

Zandvliet's knockout at the hands of Lithuanian Puidokas has done another Lithuanian a big favour. Marius Lietuvninkas looks like he has kept his place at the top of the UKIPT Leaderboard thanks to Zandvliet's failure to bag a second title (which, of course, would have bagged more points for the Dutchman).

The final table payouts are below

1. Nick Abou Risk, Canada, PokerStars qualifier, £50,000
2. Mantas Puidokas, Lithuania, £27,700
3. Luke Marsh, UK, £17,600
4. Joeri Zandvliet, Netherlands, PokerStars qualifier, £13,100
5. Richard Chadwick, UK, £10,300
6. Max Silver, UK, £8,200
7. Suzanne Pyefinch, UK, PokerStars qualifier, £6,300
8. Mary Martin, UK, £4,800
9. Owen Robinson, Ireland, £3,400
10. Steve Lovett, UK, £2,600
11. Jake Cody, UK, £2,200