blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 09:21:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16956 Members
Latest Member: indianrenters
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Vs Nick Hicks.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vs Nick Hicks.  (Read 3686 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 03:44:15 PM »

no reiterate my point, I think raising the flop is significantly better than calling.
Why? Nick has a fairly strong range and a lot of heart. Why not try and realise our equity with the weaker range in the middle? We can't really bluff every if we flat the flop would be one convincing point.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »

800 big blinds deep in a limped pot OOP what the hell is he gonna do here without K8/88/44 and even K8 is gonna have a rough time after some pressure, plus we have decent equity vs all those hands. He can't 3bet the NFD and we can take him off that hand and/or hit a Q or a J and he'll be stabbing, imo, reasonably wide here, primarily for protection, prolly just has a naked K a lot. He just gonna cling on the whole way with KT?

also ensures it's very likely to be HU to the turn.

I think its the best way to play the pot, makes you much harder to play and gives you much more chance of winning the pot.

Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 02:50:22 PM »

I'm with Dave here for sure.

Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 02:58:17 PM »

also, I feel like this hand is being thought about in the wrong kind of way post flop.

I don't feel like enough attention is getting paid to how Nick has to perceive the situation. He has led multi way and got 2 callers. He has to assume that one of them has a flush draw a decent % of the time. SO on the river he knows that a large part of his two opponents ranges are going to at least bet, and some of it (the flushes) probably won't fold. He definitely doesn't expect us to fold a flush here, and considering he is the only person who can have a boat, I think we have to fold.

He's just targeting the flush part of your range with the check/raise. You have to fold in my humble opinion.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 05:53:04 PM »

Agree with Jamie and Dave, think it's a reasonably standard fold, though an annoying one admittedly.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 06:23:07 PM »

also, I feel like this hand is being thought about in the wrong kind of way post flop.

I don't feel like enough attention is getting paid to how Nick has to perceive the situation. He has led multi way and got 2 callers. He has to assume that one of them has a flush draw a decent % of the time. SO on the river he knows that a large part of his two opponents ranges are going to at least bet, and some of it (the flushes) probably won't fold. He definitely doesn't expect us to fold a flush here, and considering he is the only person who can have a boat, I think we have to fold.

He's just targeting the flush part of your range with the check/raise. You have to fold in my humble opinion.

All of this sounds pretty spot on.
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »

After reading this, I think it is an easier fold than I first thought,
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2013, 03:58:02 PM »

*sigh* lol I ended up flicking it in and getting shown the  , and spending the next orbit understanding why he's a sicko :p

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2013, 04:07:43 PM »

very high chance we win this pot if we raise the flop...

FredW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2013, 04:14:41 PM »

Jam river as a bluff imo
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 04:30:18 PM »

V good analysis by Jamie, Dan and Dave.

Tough fold for you though considering how ool I was this session. Only sicko thing is amount of wine consumed that evening :-)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »

only way to beat nick is to out drink him

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: