blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:55:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Eurovox
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eurovox  (Read 12458 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 14, 2008, 02:10:44 PM »

Didn't know you could change the names, can you create new ones too or just rename?

I don't think you can create new groups, just rename the existing ones.

Also, my signal only comes through at 80% ish, would a booster have much effect?  What does yours come in at?

80% is spot on.  I thought this when I got mine, but apparently 80% is spot on.  If it's much less, you need a booster; and if it's much more than 80% you need something to weaken the signal (no, I'm not kidding!) as apparently the Eurovox has a sensitive tuner or something. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 14, 2008, 02:15:08 PM »

oh fair enough.  It's just not quite as good picture as Sky is, still very watchable.  Just wondered.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 14, 2008, 02:17:33 PM »

oh fair enough.  It's just not quite as good picture as Sky is, still very watchable.  Just wondered.

The picture should be just as good (if not better at times).  Might be worth going on to http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/eurovox/ and doing a search.  If nothing comes up in that, then start a new thread - but be prepared for some flack as they don't always take well to n00b questions.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 14, 2008, 02:31:45 PM »

nah, it's ok.  It's certainly watchable, and it's better than normal tele, just not quite as crisp as Sky that's all.  It's not a biggie, but when I saw it was only running with 80% signal, I wondered if it was right.  Will maybe have a quick look though.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2008, 09:35:18 AM »

nah, it's ok.  It's certainly watchable, and it's better than normal tele, just not quite as crisp as Sky that's all.  It's not a biggie, but when I saw it was only running with 80% signal, I wondered if it was right.  Will maybe have a quick look though.

don't want to annoy you but the picture is better on mine than it was before, a lot crisper.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 15, 2008, 09:39:58 AM »

shush, no brag posts please!

My picture isnt' bad, it's just not as good as Sky's. 

Perhaps you had a really bad picture before.  Yes, that's what it it, I'm sure of it.  No need to confirm, you had a  really bad picture Cheesy   Actually perhaps it's just on certain channels.  I tend to watch Sky still for most of my stuff, then switch over for the stuff I don't have on Sky.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 15, 2008, 11:03:55 AM »

don't want to annoy you but the picture is better on mine than it was before, a lot crisper.

Same for me.  Definitely clearer and crisper than my Sky picture, and more clarity and depth in the colour too.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2008, 09:05:09 PM »

Sky1 now on Virgin, and so now on the Eurovox too thumbs up

(Sky2 and Sky3 as well, some Sky Arts channels and I think SkySports News) as well.

You'll need to do a powerscan and then a channel scan to pick them up.  Make sure you choose not to sort your favourites when doing the advanced powerscan - otherwise it'll wipe them all.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2008, 10:49:28 PM »

I've ballsed up and could use some help.  I've done a powerscan (not really knowing what I'm doing) and I've lost all my channels.  How do I get them back? I'm not sure what baud thingy I need to be scanning, I'm NTL in the south, I did have a sheet that was an idiots guide on how to do it (came with the box) but I cant' find it.

Can you help please?  I shouldn't be allowed these things!

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2008, 10:55:58 PM »

scrub that, found it.  Always the way, spend ages looking, ask for help then find it straight away.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2008, 02:20:04 PM »

hi fellas, my mate has a sky dish, is there anything he can get similar to what we have? cheers.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2008, 02:46:12 PM »

Yes I think there is.  I seem to recall seeing a post about HD Eurovox that had just become available but was for satellite only.  Will see if I can find the link again, I'm sure it was on AV forums

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 16, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »

http://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/14168-so-where-do-i-start-then.html

There is a HD Eurovox that's a satellite receiver: http://www.maxking.co.uk/shopcart/product.php?productid=16564&cat=0&page=1

Not a clue about satellite though myself.

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 16, 2008, 06:50:11 PM »

cheers, not as simple as ours.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: