blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 06:21:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272906 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Rob Yong blogs....April Deepstack News included
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rob Yong blogs....April Deepstack News included  (Read 2298 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2012, 06:57:23 PM »

April Deepstack & UKIPT

Hi, I lots of question at the weekend, so I will try and answer them on this blog entry;

MARCH SUPERISIZED £500 DEEPSTACK

First of all can I thank all our players for their support of the £500 Supersized Deepstack this weekend, to get 645 entries and 540 unique players creating a £325,000 prizepool exceeded our targets as well as causing us some logistical problems associated with a higher field than expected, but that all part of the fun. Apart from the streaming grinding to a halt, the main concern was the effect of rolling back the blinds to 50x at the final table, this caused players to lock up and prolonged the tourney, hands up, it was my idea, back to the drawing board, but we are committed to making the business end of a tournament more player friendly and will continue with initiatives in this vein.

UKIPT NOTTINGHAM & APRIL £500 DEEPSTACK

The question I got asked most is what the GTE will be for the April Deepstack which clashes with the Irish Open (which I am going to). The answer is simple, I have agreed today with Pokerstars that we will not be running our £500 Deepstack in April, instead we will run something at a much lower buy-in (£150 ish) that does not complete with the £700 UKIPT. It was great to smash the £250K GTE this time and I am 99.9% sure that we could do it again in April, but I feel if we put on a huge GTE a couple of days before the UKIPT, we are actually competing against their event because our Deepstack date is before them, which just doesnt feel right. Of course, you could argue that players may want to come to Notts to play both, but thats 9 days expenses in Nottingham for the travelling players, and lets be realistic, Nottingham is not London or Las Vegas! I realise that there will be players disappointed with this decision but I feel that Dusk Till Dawn should get fully behind the UKIPT, it is Pokerstars 3rd visit to our place, we have a very good relationship with them, so we will be working with Pokerstars to break their 1058 record last year is our target for April.

I think its highly likely that May £500 Deepstack will be Supersized to £250,000 tho Smiley

NO DEALS POLICY

This came into place on March 1st and we had an outight winner for our £500 Deepstack this weekend, in the form of Ceri Rees who beat Tom Bingham heads-up to take £86,000. For those of you that have not seen Simons information, our policy now in place is quite simple;

1. Strict No Deals policy on our tourneys with a GTE of £50,000 and above, where we are 'padding' the prizepools through an extensive and costly satelitte program, for example, so far in 2012, we have 'padded' the £500 Deepstack prizepools by over £100,000 in seats and overlays

2. Chip Count Only deals wil be allowed on all our other tourneys, we will use ICM software to calculate the values of each players chips

3. Any player has the right to ask for an anonomous vote on a Chip Count Deal, our TD will then administer this using the 'Red/Black' card voting system, however this will be only be done at the suggestion of at least one player

FINAL TABLE CHALLENGE & CASH GAME BONUS

Instead of the Final Table Challenge, we have opted to continue with the £5,000 + 1 GTE Feb promotion, our players have found this a lot more appealing that the Final Table Challenge, with 5 times the increase in runners for the £5,000 + 1 GTE compared with the Final Table Challenge. The Cash Game Promotion we introduced was basically a complete failure, we got no increase in cash game play, maybe this was due to players opting to play our tournaments instead, we have recently seen a shift from our cash game players to tournamants, which is understandable with the level of GTE's we have been putting on recently, in the £50 + 1, Super 50, £150 Deepstack, Six Max  etc etc, all GTE's have been pumped up and who can blame players for seeing the value in the comps?

CARRIBEAN POKER PARTY

Online Satelittes will start after the UKIPT Nottingham in April, and of course, they will be some live Mega Sats for our club players, we will try and make our satelittes as accessible as possible to all bankrolls. When we get over to St Kitts, there will be NO poker till 5pm, so players can enjoy the weather or nurse their hangovers, so players who are planning to bring their family can have plenty of spare time during the day rather than be grinding away playering poker.

Hope this helps,

Cheers Rob

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »

I LOVE DTD

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 07:04:29 PM »

Love the no poker till 5pm thing. Assume the package is for normal rooms? Rob if youre reading this how do we go about upgrading room etc if we have normal package. And whats deal with flights? Is it one chartered airline that everyone is going to be on? Or we book separately?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 07:05:36 PM »

5pm start everyday i will struggle getting up that early thats if i can luxbox a package

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 07:06:27 PM »

Love the no poker till 5pm thing. Assume the package is for normal rooms? Rob if youre reading this how do we go about upgrading room etc if we have normal package. And whats deal with flights? Is it one chartered airline that everyone is going to be on? Or we book separately?

Speak to Flushy Dave! He was told all about it yesterday

I am going to put up threads, including one for the CPPC, including all the info as it comes out

I might be going for the blogging gig. Seems like it might be an event to be at (lol)

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 07:08:05 PM »

I am going to put up threads, including one for the CPPC, including all the info as it comes out

I might be going for the blogging gig. Seems like it might be an event to be at (lol)
do you need a wingman for the blogg?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 07:08:57 PM »

no idea, I don't even know if there will be a blog. However I will be asking!

My eyes are open wide
ChristieEllis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 07:18:10 PM »

Good Read...

ST KITTS ONE TIMEEEEEEEEE!

Regards,
Christie
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »

Can I be the first to count myself out please Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

Can I be the first to suggest Tighty should freeroll this! I appreciate he gets paid, and its possible he is paid millions to do his busy and hectic job and only continues for the #loveofthegame (right alex?) but he would clearly be all over the CPP and imo working as hard as he does, even rushing his food for our benefit we have to find a way to get him a rum n coke and some beachtime! Cheesy

(moneybookers for the post fella)

Also, Rob - I realise you'll be wanting to get as many people to the CPP as possible and I anticipate a lengthy and substantial satelliting process... any chance it will be in a similar format to the Mega sats?
(even if you have to put 3 tiers of sats to get people into it)  I've just played the 770 sat and it was horrible, made a crapshoot look slow.

jb

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 11:39:46 PM »

I'm very glad that Rob has come out with intent straight away after quite a few questions, but rather gutted about no deepstack in April. I think people who choose to play the DS may or may not turn to the UKIPT, not sure if I will or not. I only choose to play one big tourney a month (fully out of my own pocket) and I think paying an extra £200 may just make me miss playing a biggie in April.

I might have to see what the sats are like on Stars when I have time, see if I can pinch a seat. People saying the UKIPT might get £750,000. SO when it actually does come round, I might just give in anyway.

But great stuff by DTD all round.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 12:52:50 AM »

Hi Dave, nice touch at the WPT mate, in terms of the CPP, Alex Ottewell is overall in charge of the CPP, she went over their to sign the contract a few months ago. email: aottewell@dtdpoker.com. Also, Simon Trumper, Kevin O'Connell and Flushy are also helping out with questions from "players on the circuit" who intend to buy-in regardless of winning a seat.

Aaron, I would have loved a crack at another £250k gte in April - there as about as much chance os us dropping the £250k after smashing it in March as me losing to Flushy heads-up, especially with the challenge of clashing with the Irish Open and still making it, however, UKIPT comes here once a year, its a very important event for the club and I want the whole DTD team behind it, there are another 11 months when we can do more crazy stuff at DTD. We still have to do something on that April weekend, ill probably end up supersizing the £150 Deepstack to £100k or something mad like that, so dont worry, you will have a good comp to play! Oh, UKIPT sats start on DTD, 6pm and 9pm from next Monday, 7 days a week, we are doing a €10 turbo re-buy at 6pm for our club regulars to they can still go to the club that evening, and our normal full €2-->€10--->€50 feeder system every day for 2 UKIPT seats.

The CPP will be a full program of steps and feeders, there is a place for re-buy satelittes when you don't have time to set up a feeder tree (eg. poker 770 tonight) or for a quickie extra sat for the odd seat to give everyone a shot

Tighty is setting up a UKIPT and CPP thread so we can start answering questions.

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:05:51 AM by robyong » Logged
brookie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »

keep up the gud work dtd only wish i lived closer lol
Alonso

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2012, 11:17:54 PM »

Hi Dave, nice touch at the WPT mate, in terms of the CPP, Alex Ottewell is overall in charge of the CPP, she went over their to sign the contract a few months ago. email: aottewell@dtdpoker.com. Also, Simon Trumper, Kevin O'Connell and Flushy are also helping out with questions from "players on the circuit" who intend to buy-in regardless of winning a seat.

Aaron, I would have loved a crack at another £250k gte in April - there as about as much chance os us dropping the £250k after smashing it in March as me losing to Flushy heads-up, especially with the challenge of clashing with the Irish Open and still making it, however, UKIPT comes here once a year, its a very important event for the club and I want the whole DTD team behind it, there are another 11 months when we can do more crazy stuff at DTD. We still have to do something on that April weekend, ill probably end up supersizing the £150 Deepstack to £100k or something mad like that, so dont worry, you will have a good comp to play! Oh, UKIPT sats start on DTD, 6pm and 9pm from next Monday, 7 days a week, we are doing a €10 turbo re-buy at 6pm for our club regulars to they can still go to the club that evening, and our normal full €2-->€10--->€50 feeder system every day for 2 UKIPT seats.

The CPP will be a full program of steps and feeders, there is a place for re-buy satelittes when you don't have time to set up a feeder tree (eg. poker 770 tonight) or for a quickie extra sat for the odd seat to give everyone a shot

Tighty is setting up a UKIPT and CPP thread so we can start answering questions.

Cheers Rob

Any idea about structure of CPP satellites and what level of buy in is planned for last stage of sats?

Living a dangerous dream...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: