blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 12:38:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  425 & Jen
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 425 & Jen  (Read 9301 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2006, 04:32:14 AM »

Well done wormster, Poker 425 is an unwelcome interuption in my computer horse racing play. I have 5 TV's in my living room now so that I can multi-horse race and I'm thinking about going pro soon. Could you set up a forum for us horseites at all?

Cheers

To be honest Byron you have to look at it this way, Poker425 costs money, it doesnt make money. The TV horseracing generates income for William Hill. A 1 hour show with the costs of sending two/three people to the venues, get the footage cut and then two presenters to front the show AND the loss of revenue to the channel from no turnover on the racing during the broadcast is not a small amount. It is in fact a below average yearly wage each week that William Hill 'lose' when they are added together.

My view of the horseracing is probably the same as yours and im not looking to express that here but you honestly wouldnt believe the turnover on each race.

As far as I know this has nothing to do with the decision to go to 30 mins from an hour but when we were first trying to get the show off the ground it was a seen as a potential problem that the revenue would be hit. The barb ratings grew nicely and the show was well received which took away these concerns as it has a value that cannot be measured in monetary terms.

I think the show is very popular and I find the 30 minute show 'snappier' than the 60 min show but I would watch a two hour show because I am a follower of poker. That wouldnt appeal to everyone so maybe 45 mins would be pefect.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 04:41:07 AM by bobby1 » Logged

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2006, 09:55:01 AM »

I'm afraid Tikay is wrong - it is not easy to film every single hand in a final table that lasts several hours to get the two or three key hands that occur, we would go skint from using up tape stock alone - the show has a very tight turn around, edited tuesday, recorded wednesday. That's why we only "shoot to edit" ie what we know we will need. Which is why we, as some people think, look like we're not doing much a lot of the time! At the end of the day we are there for a very long time to get around 15-20 minutes of footage to go in the show. As for reverting to 30 mins, basically it's felt by most of us, Tikay apart, that the show lost is sharpness by being an hour long. Take last week for example, we had 17 minutes of VT (all nice snappy pieces) in a 55 minute show. That means 38 minutes of chat, which is far too much. Looking at the replies we will upset some & please others when we got back to 30 mins - that's the way it goes.

There are now digital camcorders which are of broadcast or near broadcast quality - could you not experiment with one of them? - no tape wastage & they're not as bulky as the camera used at the BB's.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
HarlemShuffle

Get rich or look good trying!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2006, 10:29:20 AM »

You could ask players to record key hands with their mobile phones and then send them in.

If you don't like the hour long show you could watch it just the twice a week instead of 6.

If having two half hour shows a week not an option?

Yeah yeah yeah do the Harlem Shuffle........................
www.harlemshuffle.co.uk - pm for further information
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 17, 2006, 12:22:21 PM »

bobby1, I was just trying to have a bit of a laugh mate. It's really very cool of Will Hill to make it in the first place. There aren't many other poker forums that have their own TV show. Wink
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2006, 12:51:38 PM »

Well done wormster, Poker 425 is an unwelcome interuption in my computer horse racing play. I have 5 TV's in my living room now so that I can multi-horse race and I'm thinking about going pro soon. Could you set up a forum for us horseites at all?

Cheers

To be honest Byron you have to look at it this way, Poker425 costs money, it doesnt make money. The TV horseracing generates income for William Hill. A 1 hour show with the costs of sending two/three people to the venues, get the footage cut and then two presenters to front the show AND the loss of revenue to the channel from no turnover on the racing during the broadcast is not a small amount. It is in fact a below average yearly wage each week that William Hill 'lose' when they are added together.

My view of the horseracing is probably the same as yours and im not looking to express that here but you honestly wouldnt believe the turnover on each race.

As far as I know this has nothing to do with the decision to go to 30 mins from an hour but when we were first trying to get the show off the ground it was a seen as a potential problem that the revenue would be hit. The barb ratings grew nicely and the show was well received which took away these concerns as it has a value that cannot be measured in monetary terms.

I think the show is very popular and I find the 30 minute show 'snappier' than the 60 min show but I would watch a two hour show because I am a follower of poker. That wouldnt appeal to everyone so maybe 45 mins would be pefect.

Wow - so people really do bet on those cartoon horses?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2006, 02:05:46 PM »

Btw,    Jen!

The older I get, the better I was.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 17, 2006, 02:16:50 PM »

Btw,    Jen!

Cheesy

I swear it's like I'm in correspondence with Groucho Marx...

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2006, 04:19:11 PM »

bobby1, I was just trying to have a bit of a laugh mate. It's really very cool of Will Hill to make it in the first place. There aren't many other poker forums that have their own TV show. Wink

lol, no probs mate and Marco, honestly you would be amazed. Cool

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: May 17, 2006, 05:42:25 PM »

Btw,    Jen!

Cheesy

There are three men and a woman trapped in here, send help.

If you can't send help, send two more women!

The older I get, the better I was.
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 17, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »

Btw,    Jen!

Cheesy

There are three men and a woman trapped in here, send help.

If you can't send help, send two more women!

"The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party in the second party."

"I no like the second party"

"Well then you should've come to the first party, I was blind for three days."

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: