blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:52:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Golf n Poker
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Golf n Poker  (Read 926 times)
Rugrat

View Profile
« on: May 19, 2006, 09:08:01 AM »

I am planning on holding a golf/poker tournament and would appreciate hearing from anyone interested in participating.

The event will be held at Camberley Heath Golf Club, a premier course in Surrey, which is at junction 3/4 of the M3. The event will be a 18 hole stableford and players will be awarded 100 starting chips for every point they score. Additional chips (100) will be able to be earnt for nearest the pin, and (maybe) other specialities such as eagles etc. Once the golf is over a buffet dinner will be available before the tournament commences. Handicap limits will be 24 for men and 30 for women.

We'll run this on a weekday in early September and I'll know the date in the next week. We'll be starting the golf around 10.00 have buffet dinner and then start the poker about 5.00, which will be a £100 freezeout.

The cost of the day will be £150 which will include golf, bacon sarnies and coffee, buffet dinner and entry to the poker.

I will be taking bookings on a first come first served basis with a limit of about 50 players. If you are interested then please email me at (deleted by tikay) as soon as possible.

If you are not a golfer but know of anyone that is, then please pass on this message. I will repost the message from time to time to encourage full participation and notify all those interested players of progress and timings for payment (which will be reasonably early to ensure full attendance).

Cheers

Tony
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 10:55:45 AM by tikay » Logged
totalise

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »

I love the concept of chips correlating to points scored, excellent!

The course is fantastic, I will definately send an email about this.. better get the golf clubs out and back into shape.. my once impressive group 1 handicap is a distant memory unfortunately!

thanks

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 10:55:16 AM »

I am planning on holding a golf/poker tournament and would appreciate hearing from anyone interested in participating.

The event will be held at Camberley Heath Golf Club, a premier course in Surrey, which is at junction 3/4 of the M3. The event will be a 18 hole stableford and players will be awarded 100 starting chips for every point they score. Additional chips (100) will be able to be earnt for nearest the pin, and (maybe) other specialities such as eagles etc. Once the golf is over a buffet dinner will be available before the tournament commences. Handicap limits will be 24 for men and 30 for women.

We'll run this on a weekday in early September and I'll know the date in the next week. We'll be starting the golf around 10.00 have buffet dinner and then start the poker about 5.00, which will be a £100 freezeout.

The cost of the day will be £150 which will include golf, bacon sarnies and coffee, buffet dinner and entry to the poker.

I will be taking bookings on a first come first served basis with a limit of about 50 players. If you are interested then please email me at (deleted by tikay) as soon as possible.

If you are not a golfer but know of anyone that is, then please pass on this message. I will repost the message from time to time to encourage full participation and notify all those interested players of progress and timings for payment (which will be reasonably early to ensure full attendance).

Cheers

Tony

Hi Tony,

Welcome to blonde.

Yes, a great idea, though, given my golf abilities, I shall "pass" on this one.  I once scored 7 stableford points off a handicap of 22, so I'm not sure how far 700 chips would get me in the poker comp!

By coincidence, Brian Sadler is holding a Golf-Poker Day at Luton in early June, & he has, rather surprisingly, invited me to participate, & do the Prizegiving, Presentations & after-dinner speech in the evening. In every other respect, it looks like being a very good idea! But I will try not to let him down by speaking for more than, ooh, 2 minutes.... (Couch Kev suggested 15 seconds of me was ample).

Finally, I have removed your e-Mail address from your Post. We don't ban e-Mail addys as such, but it is a VERY bad idea to Post them on Forums, as I am sure more technically minded blondes will shortly confirm. Essentially, you will be bombarded with junk e-Mail if you Post an e-addy on a Forum.

Those wishing to contact Tony should do so via a blonde PM. (Personal Message). If you are unsure about how PM's work, Tony, please Post on this thread accordingly. It's free, by the way, & all blondes have access to it.

Good Luck with the event, Tony, & let us know how it goes, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Mango99
Donk King

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 11:03:48 AM »

This sounds like great fun. We held a golf/poker day in the local poker group I run in Bristol and it was a top laugh.

Dan Carter has a handicap of 5, so I'll try to get him to come along too Smiley
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 12:50:44 PM »

Gala Notts are also holding a golf day on a friday in July as organised by my old man and another regular notts poker player - will post details asap.
vinni

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 04:35:16 PM »

greg if you played this youd have an unfair advantage .

i e , 50,000 starting chips

i`v become cos`s bitch
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 10:18:46 PM »

I am playing mate - its handicapped though so the hackers will have a chance :-)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: