blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 12:31:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272902 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  High Stakes Poker on Ch 121
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: High Stakes Poker on Ch 121  (Read 15090 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2006, 11:33:15 AM »

After old spoilsport tikay said "It's fixed" I watched High Stakes Poker last night with my sceptical head on. It is my pleasure to reassure you, it's all cosher.

OK, so it is edited to make the most of the dramatic situations that naturally occur when large amounts of money and even larger egos come together. Big hand and interesting situations are shown at strategic moments, i.e. just before a commercial break or as a teaser for the next programme, but you just couldn't script it. The frayed tempers, the arguments, the banter, the easy humor. Doyle betting at exactly the same time as another player and then pretending he wants to raise, he knows he won't be allowed to when he asks for a ruling.

Now I know the American producers wouldn't be above pulling the wool over our eyes, and I do believe that the players are payed a fee for taking part in the programme, But anything the TV wallers could make up would pale in comparison to the normal everyday antics of these larger than life characters

It's the best poker on TV, and will remain so until they combine it with wrestling, 1 round of each.

The older I get, the better I was.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2006, 11:41:16 AM »

It's the best poker on TV, and will remain so until they combine it with wrestling, 1 round of each.

Now there's an idea for the WSOP ladies event later next month..............

sponsored by Fyffes
ariston

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 30, 2006, 11:42:59 AM »

In jelly!

ariston

better lucky than good
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 30, 2006, 11:58:19 AM »

Cheesy
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 30, 2006, 03:05:42 PM »

I have to say when i first saw it i thought so with the Doyle Brunson all in pre flop for $500,000 with AK.
I think he was 99.9% sure everyone else was folding; wasn't that one of the very first hands of the day?

Yeah, it as that that point i figured it was all a setup. The more i watched the more i thought it was real.
No, I mean that Doyle was very sure everyone else would fold, because it was at the start of the game, and even quite solid hands would not want to call, and he could pick up the limps and the small raise that was already out there. So it doesn't mean it was a set-up, more that he knew his table and was almost certain they wouldn't call, which means he could pick up the money that was already out there with relatively little risk.

Also, doesn't he advocate sometimes making big moves with A-K in S/S? (E.g. he says if he gets reraised from late position, he'll reraise all-in, because he feels the late position raiser is trying to steal the limps). In which case, he could always defend the play along those lines.

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2006, 03:42:18 PM »

and I do believe that the players are payed a fee for taking part in the programme

$1,250/hr accoridng to Todd Brunson, i asked him during a Tribeca comp.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2006, 10:40:08 PM »

Was looking forward to the ones featuring Hellmuth after people's descriptions here. Saw the first one last night.. didn't disappoint. Was very funny.

Is it just me missing some nuances of the cash bit is negreanu down so much cause he is just playing very badly ?

sola virtus nobilitat
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2006, 10:41:18 PM »

Was looking forward to the ones featuring Hellmuth after people's descriptions here. Saw the first one last night.. didn't disappoint. Was very funny.

Is it just me missing some nuances of the cash bit is negreanu down so much cause he is just playing very badly ?

Was not playing badly at all,  lost a few unlucky big pots
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2006, 10:51:01 PM »

He started playing like a complete mug!

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2006, 10:52:16 PM »

I was thinking more about talking in a very affected way .... like an elf or one of snow white's seven dwarves

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2006, 10:53:46 PM »

Aah flushy, speaks, knew I was right :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2006, 10:55:45 PM »

Aah flushy, speaks, knew I was right :-)

lol

bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2006, 12:57:54 AM »

is this on tonight on challenge?

Ive watched the last few and i'm sure they,ve been on earlier than this.

everytime i turn over the same shi**y american celebrity poker program has been on, for what seems like the last 5 hours,

I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2006, 02:16:31 AM »

Yes, they started it at 1am tonight instead of 12am, to make way for another series of 'Celebrity Poker Showdown' at 11pm.

Just incase anyone thought they were missing something, here's one of the hands from Celeb Poker Showdown:

Three to the flop: one of them has jack-high, one of them has 5-6 and one has Q-high. Flop: K-7-4 rainbow, no action. 3 on the turn.

Jack-high bluffs, queen high folds and the 5-6 folds as well.... i.e. she folds the nuts.

(Saints preserve us.)

Negreanu indeed got unlucky in several pots to find himself about 500k down from his starting stack of one million. Then he started overplaying marginal hands and draws and generally tilting cash until he found himself 725k down!

Now he's started a fightback; he took a big pot from Doyle with a set of 8's vs Doyle's A-A, and has taken some cash from Hellmuth as well (A-T vs A-4).

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
divingduck

Trying is the first step towards failure...

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2006, 03:21:19 AM »

Sheiky - his rudeness HAS to be an act, after all, he's not pure American, which would make it plausible.
Was it an act as well, then, when he was on Matusow's table at the WSOP Main Event last year?

Next we'll have people saying that Hellmuth's temper tantrums are all an act...  scared

After having played sheiky this year at the LA poker Classic , I can confirm that what you see on TV is what you get. I was stuck at his table throughout day 1 and he certainly is abrasive, but having said that I found it all quite amusing, especially when I raised with QQ into his BB only for him to leap to his feet and aggresively question me 'Are you a gambler?'

i won a nice pot too after the QQx flop 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: