blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:58:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is Blonde becoming spam city?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Blonde becoming spam city?  (Read 18511 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 23, 2006, 07:00:09 PM »

the title of the post has a question mark, is blondepoker becoming spam city? it was supposed to be a debate, not a start of everyone to get on their high horses and make my opinions seem infantile and ludicrous. Maybe if we were better informed (within reason) of blondes finances, this wouldnt turn  into such a heated argument.
   maybe I am misreading somethings, maybe i was just trying to open the preverbial can of worms. If anyone knows me from tribbeca (theclaimer) will know that i always have a laugh and a joke with people and see the funny side of things. However i pride my self on speaking my mind.

maybe the members who agree with my original post are afraid to agree because of the stick ive been getting all afternoon!

I knew i was on a hiding to nothing when i put the post in this afternoon. i just wanted to see what reaction it would get.

Tikay in no why was i attempting to bad mouth blonde or imply any  wrongdoing, i was just asking if people think "blonde is becoming spam city" the answer seems to be a resounding nay. End of matter
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 23, 2006, 07:02:01 PM »

Since spam is an old word with a new meaning the exact etymology and therefore definition of the word may as yet be unclear and it could take several decades before there is a final definition accepted by all as the received wisdom.

In the meantime, do we not accept that advertising and marketing are an integral, yay, welcome, part of a modern, capitalist society -  a socio-political system from which we all derive benefits. Since the large majority of us capitalists 'vote with our feet' and stay here we clearly prefer the capitalist system and the profit motive to any other system. No obvious rush from here to rural China or Cooooooooooba  (Cuba quiero bailar la salsa) so far as I can tell.

Ergo, the marketing of the site and it's multiple offerings to it's membership is to be welcomed, embraced and the people behind it should have their tummies tickled. Oh yes. We, atavists all, exist to market and sell - hence the wiggly bottoms one sees in spring.

Moreover, and back to the initial discussion over a precise definition of spam - is it possible to spam one's own site or customers. I reject the very notion as primitive and verging on the subhuman. I am sure it is possible to unsubscribe and thus, rather than a discussion regarding spam, one should instead rejoice in the fact that our fathers and forefathers worked, lived and died so that we, yes, we petty men, could exercise our democratic right to 'vote with our feet' and not simply exercise a good deal of airtime with drivel.

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2006, 07:11:42 PM »

Maybe if we were better informed (within reason) of blondes finances, this wouldnt turn  into such a heated argument.

why should we, myself included, be better informed (within reason) about blonde's finances? Nothing to do with us unless we are shareholders, and its not a plc so the information isn't publically available unless you want to trek to Companies House and find out.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2006, 08:19:03 PM »

Since spam is an old word with a new meaning the exact etymology and therefore definition of the word may as yet be unclear and it could take several decades before there is a final definition accepted by all as the received wisdom.

In the meantime, do we not accept that advertising and marketing are an integral, yay, welcome, part of a modern, capitalist society -  a socio-political system from which we all derive benefits. Since the large majority of us capitalists 'vote with our feet' and stay here we clearly prefer the capitalist system and the profit motive to any other system. No obvious rush from here to rural China or Cooooooooooba  (Cuba quiero bailar la salsa) so far as I can tell.

Ergo, the marketing of the site and it's multiple offerings to it's membership is to be welcomed, embraced and the people behind it should have their tummies tickled. Oh yes. We, atavists all, exist to market and sell - hence the wiggly bottoms one sees in spring.

Moreover, and back to the initial discussion over a precise definition of spam - is it possible to spam one's own site or customers. I reject the very notion as primitive and verging on the subhuman. I am sure it is possible to unsubscribe and thus, rather than a discussion regarding spam, one should instead rejoice in the fact that our fathers and forefathers worked, lived and died so that we, yes, we petty men, could exercise our democratic right to 'vote with our feet' and not simply exercise a good deal of airtime with drivel.

its people like you that eat meat and kill the rainforrests and put parrots in burgers and make monkeys where tracksuits.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2006, 08:23:05 PM »

where did the blonde poker,quiz, caption competition, and league threads go?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »

they have been unstickied...they are still on the forum if you look a minute or two....

My eyes are open wide
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2006, 08:30:28 PM »

they have been unstickied...they are still on the forum if you look a minute or two....

well which is it, one minute or two?

this is a very important factor for me in deciding wether or not to locate the aforementioned threads. Cheesy
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2006, 08:31:36 PM »

less than a minute, even for the laziest bolts on the forum. 

My eyes are open wide
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2006, 08:34:59 PM »

where did the blonde poker,quiz, caption competition, and league threads go?

Why have they been unstickied? FFS!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2006, 08:38:37 PM »

less than a minute, even for the laziest bolts on the forum. 

located and back on the sofa in 47 seconds!!! thumbs up

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2006, 08:42:58 PM »

It's stopped rainning here, but it is still quite cloudy!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2006, 08:44:11 PM »

tell you what, you can mod for a day and I'll do polls and Arse bashing! ok???

My eyes are open wide
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2006, 08:46:59 PM »

You never struck me as an Arse basher, Tightend.  Each to their own and all that.

Grin
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2006, 08:48:16 PM »

No thanks.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2006, 08:50:17 PM »

Arsenal.

Thanks Paul  Cool

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print