blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:57:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  just joined the forum
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: just joined the forum  (Read 3770 times)
Rachman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2005, 07:10:57 PM »

cheers all

the name is a result of poker sites saying Rachmaninov was too long. and Rachmanino didn't quite have the same ring to it.

being a landlord has always been a long held dream though.......

Manx and proud.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2005, 04:48:19 AM »

No no no. THAT Rachman was not a pub landlord, he rented out houses.

Then tripled the rent. Then harassed the tenants. Threw things throuigh their windows. But he never had to resort to solicitors letters, he was slightly more "direct".

But one of his tenants sent HIM a letter, "Dear Mr Rachman, in reply to your undated brick......."

Mr Rachman - THAT Mr Rachman - then spent 20 years or more at HMP.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2005, 08:27:49 AM »

.. and to continue the trivia. Rachman's activities brought Rachmanism into the English language, made Parliament bring in new laws. Worst of all he had a henchman called Rondell who was sentenced to lenghty period in clink after coming second in his trial and then tried to sue his lawyer, now THAT is really bad.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Rachman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 01:07:15 PM »

lol i did mean housing landlord tk... sitting on my arse watching the money roll in without having to lift a finger... except to call a plumber, or throw a brick.

still, taking extortionate amounts of money from people new to the area... apt really when you think about it

I really should have heard of Mr. Rachman though, having studied criminology. must have been one of those lectures i missed due to an unfortunate poker addiction.

Manx and proud.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 01:21:32 PM »

.. and to continue the trivia. Rachman's activities brought Rachmanism into the English language, made Parliament bring in new laws. Worst of all he had a henchman called Rondell who was sentenced to lenghty period in clink after coming second in his trial and then tried to sue his lawyer, now THAT is really bad.

Strangely enough, around 1970, "Mad" Fred Rondell used to run a private game in London near Earl's Court.

He used to give me credit when I went skint there which was a regular occurrence.

One of the scariest times of my entire life was when Fred and a friend came round to have a "chat" with me about my debt !

I believe I was fortunate to still have two of everything after our "business discussion".

Oh those halcyon days of the early '70's.

Roll Eyes

P.S.

"Mad" Fred Rondell was Peter Rachman's "collector" who had a penchant for biting off people's ears.

I didn't realise that he stooped to sueing his legal team ! Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: August 05, 2005, 06:16:13 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2005, 06:33:30 AM »

Whahoo, GREAT story Karabiner. Was there two Rachmans - maybe a brother? They/he sure never bothered with solicitors letters! Nasty, nasty. I seem to recall a 20 year prison sentence.

There was a geezer in Sussex recently of a similar ilk, weird name, I forget it. On second thoughts, I remember it, but it would be better if I forgot it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 12:49:24 PM »

Nicholas van Hoogstraten is the chap, about as evil as they come. Oh and it's not libelous as 1. it's true and 2. he seems to acknowledge it, he lawyer does as well.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 04:11:33 AM »

Hoogstraten - that's him. May not be libellous, but I fancy he just sends a geezer round to your house with an undated brick, delivered via your Window-Box.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: