blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:56:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Omaha cash game quandry.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Omaha cash game quandry.  (Read 3918 times)
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 06:15:13 PM »

Betting the turn is a mistake IMO. You let them off hands you have strangled and you are only beat by 1 hand, which is never passing!

By checking you may let 2 pair fill on the river and pay you off, or a pair/Khi fd combo complete, these hands would fold with ease on the turn. Betting the turn here is a bluff, and why bluff with the 2nd best hand?

I agree. Good point.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 01:04:09 PM »

thought we would get good debate on this.  Its intereting to see how different people react to a situation where they know they have gone behind but also have the mindset that they know they are calling anyway.

I still am unsure as to the best play here. - i think i am still in favour of pushing the turn to be honest. maybe the really good disciplined omaha player would check fold here on the turn? Maybe i will Pm elblondie and milkybarkid and ask them to comment.... any further thoughts......

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 01:18:55 PM »

thought we would get good debate on this.  Its intereting to see how different people react to a situation where they know they have gone behind but also have the mindset that they know they are calling anyway.

I still am unsure as to the best play here. - i think i am still in favour of pushing the turn to be honest. maybe the really good disciplined omaha player would check fold here on the turn? Maybe i will Pm elblondie and milkybarkid and ask them to comment.... any further thoughts......

I really don't see this as a tricky turn! You have the 2nd nuts and are getting the odds to draw and crack the nuts. Its a check call untill the cows come home!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 01:23:40 PM »

Those Cravendale cows, they always want their milk back.

It is wiser to let people think you are a fool, than open open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 01:34:01 PM »

I really don't see this as a tricky turn! You have the 2nd nuts and are getting the odds to draw and crack the nuts. Its a check call untill the cows come home!

Actually you have the 3rd nuts.....

Furthermore, Flushy, part of your earlier reason for checking was to let two-paired hands catch up.
If they are catching up then they don't have the nuts, and if they have tens over a free shot at another ten
would make no sense to me, not to mention all the other straight cards that could appear.

It seems to me that your logic is somewhat flawed here.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 01:42:13 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Milkybarkid

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 02:18:11 PM »

I would actually bet $20-$26 on the turn. That way you are still tempting in the hands that you have strangled like lower set, two pair and smaller flush draws. if you bet full pot some hands you may want to call will pass. If you get reraised its an easy call i think.

I just don't see check folding as an option here even if one of them bets full pot and the other one folds. Even on the turn you have approximately 35-40% chance of catching up, so you are priced in to the call.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 02:42:13 PM »

I would auto fold.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 03:21:00 PM »

Well if you are going to lump it in anyway then you may as well wait till both of their stacks are in.

If you lumped it in on the turn first to act but then scare one off you've only decreased your potential gain with the same odds to hit.

Is this not balanced by the fact that they may both fold ?

Agreed if BOTH fold but then you have to think about if you bet out and only one of them folds.

You've just missed a treble up chance for virtually the same odds to hit when against both players.
RonK

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 05:34:21 AM »

Firsly i think your check is the right play,its obvious at least one of these players has hit there straight on the turn

SO if u bet out 'HOPING' to scare them off ur just wishing and plain gambling and thus eliminating the skill involved,however by checking u got the 2 other players to put another 40 each into the pot making the pot 136,u had to put 40 into this pot so u were effectively getting 3.4-1 on ur money,u are 48% to hit so a check and call is justifiable
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: