blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:35:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  MONTE CARLO - Day 2
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MONTE CARLO - Day 2  (Read 75518 times)
paddyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2005, 07:27:24 PM »

you lost a heads-up match???
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2005, 07:28:50 PM »

Ok Tikay, Here is a story for you......Acouple of years ago I went with Marcel and Kirill to Barden to play the big 7-card stud comp. At about 3am one morning I was about to go back to my hotel after a couple of hours playing cash, when standing chatting to Aces Trumper (note the witnesses) ISABELLE came up and started to chat, She made me an offer I simply couldn't refuse, and 10 minutes later we are back in her hotel room with soft music and a nice bottle of wine.

WHAT HAPPENED NEXT Huh??

someone bought out a pack of cards and you lost most of your bankroll?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2005, 07:29:13 PM »

Well Otis is sat next to me, & has been tremendously helpful. I will check those chip counts once the guys return from Dinner Break. I guess it's "evens of two" as to who has got them most right - or wrong!

For those of you at home, the method we used last week & this week is "joint" collection & sharing of information, then we each post our own "spin" on our own site. So, last night, Brad Otis Willis, Rolf Slotboom & myself worked as a team to gather the chip counts, then put them on our respective sites in our own style. Generally speaking, that's the way it works. As an example of this, I don't believe Matey Boy has been mentioned on the EPT Blog, which Brad compiles, but he's definitely here.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
modad
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2005, 07:34:49 PM »

Hi Tikay.  Found young Andrew Pichee at the dinner break... and he's still alive in the tournament.  He said he's at table 1 and wearing a suit (who knew... we can't get him to shave at home).  If you could update us on our "pride and joy" we'd be most appreciative.  Thanks again for all your hard work.
Easycure

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2005, 07:37:35 PM »

Of course, please tell Otis I said hello.
You both are doing a fantastic job. There are lots of people watching, and as poker continues to grow, you guys are going to get really popular.
Rolf
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2005, 07:39:15 PM »

Thanks Tikay, I agree with all others that you're doing a fabulous job. BTW, the guy who busted out Andreas seems to be the chip leader now with almost 100,000. His name is Mikhail Ustinov. And again man, thanks for all the co-operation; I really appreciate it.

Rolf Slotboom
www.rolfslotboom.com

(now doing the blog for Poker Pages)  
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2005, 07:51:52 PM »

Well I found young Andrew Pichee - he's having a ball! He's got a smart suit & tie on, & has a BIG smile on his face. Not many chips - maybe 10k - but so what, he's done just great, whatever happens.

If only I could find Mr Eggenberger!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2005, 07:53:58 PM »

For Carlo:

The cork had broken when she tried to remove it from the bottle,
and she required your expertise (as I was not there) to remove the obstacle.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2005, 07:55:07 PM »

Well I found young Andrew Pichee - he's having a ball! He's got a smart suit & tie on, & has a BIG smile on his face. Not many chips - maybe 10k - but so what, he's done just great, whatever happens.

If only I could find Mr Eggenberger!

just phone reception ask to speak to the eggman and wait for the reception to take the phone to him

Rolandinho

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2005, 08:01:41 PM »

The eggman is there as is That French Guy who looks like The Walrus.

Googoogachoo
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2005, 08:02:58 PM »

Well, young Andreas Harmeno, joint hero of Vienna, & up amongst the leaders here until a little while ago, is OUT. He had a HUGE stack. I guess if you tank 'em all in often enough, eventually you gonna get caught.

carlo citrone

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2005, 08:03:53 PM »

Bloody Hell, and I thought you would never guess.......CORRECT, she broke ot the cards, took 200 quid of me heads up and sent me on my way !!!!!!! I let her win really ! Honest. lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2005, 08:07:23 PM »

OK, updated counts as of 2 mins ago.....

Kevin O'Connell 47k

Barney Boatman 12k

Tony G 20k

Isobel 40k

Marcus, the German Gentleman, 52k

Willie Tann 62k

Rob Hollinck 65k

Andrew Pichee 5k

Marcel 48k

Gus Hansen 40k

Ben Grundy 35k

Martin De Knijff 50k

Julian Gardner 90k

John Shipley 20k

Anthony Lellouche 60k

Joe Grech 47k

I will try & suss Scott Bush now - he is on the TV table.

carlo citrone

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2005, 08:08:06 PM »

Any chance of an up date on Marcus and Kirill
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2005, 08:09:25 PM »

Bloody Hell, and I thought you would never guess.......CORRECT, she broke ot the cards, took 200 quid of me heads up and sent me on my way !!!!!!! I let her win really ! Honest. lol

wasnt hard carlo think i am the only guy in britain that hasnt taken some bankroll off you

but then again not many people i have taken bankroll off some there could be a problem

HOUSTON

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: