blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 11:58:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Fry an egg on a car bonnet
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fry an egg on a car bonnet  (Read 1802 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 03:05:12 PM »

i lived and worked there from 84-86.
just off brighton hill road in devonshire.

used to play golf at st georges every sunday followed by champagne brunch at the hamilton princess.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 03:26:48 PM »

i lived and worked there from 84-86.
just off brighton hill road in devonshire.

used to play golf at st georges every sunday followed by champagne brunch at the hamilton princess.

We moved to Scotland in 1980. What course did you play?

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 04:01:04 PM »

played st georges on sunday...occasionally followed by a beer at henrys , other courses i played on were port royal and mid ocean.

used to regularly drink at robin hood , cock and feather and forties nightclub...followed by goat currie at mungals in paget

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 05:08:35 PM »

played st georges on sunday...occasionally followed by a beer at henrys , other courses i played on were port royal and mid ocean.

used to regularly drink at robin hood , cock and feather and forties nightclub...followed by goat currie at mungals in paget

Ah well you would have seen my old house then. I left when I was 10, but used to go with my Dad to the Police Club & the RA (Royal Artillery)  Club (we were usually the only white folk in the RA Club).

Was in the Robin Hood last year - but did most drinking in the Docksiders - they had all the football on.

Went back to the RA last year, walked in & got looked at - fat bald REALLY white tourists don't end up in there often. Got a beer ($4), then commented that it hadn't changed much & that the monkey cage (they used to havce a cage for the pet monkey one of the regulars bought in with him) was gone.

When I told them who I was another beer appeared "Sorry man, I should have charged you local rates"  Cheesy . In the end up I'd to almost do a runner - before I wasn't fit to leave. Rum & Heinekin - one round every 10 minutes, and guys sneaking out to call people I'd went to school with or who knew my folks - I kinda think I should have stayed - I'd have found a place to stay.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 05:27:34 PM »

i keep meaning to go back and visit , but you know how it is...one year turns into 20  lol

had a mate come and visit while i was out there.took him to the back of town where the old shanty town was.....he ran screaming when a very large black (can i say that?) gentleman carrying a machete came out of an alley.he was a workmate of mine and we had set my mate up a treat.used to spend a lot of time there as i prefered the company of the rastas to the local white onions who i mostly found to be very intolerable to the local black populace.
spring break was the time to be there , all the cruise liners bringing mummys and daddys precious little girls to bermuda to keep them out of trouble...hubba hubba.........i have never met such straight talkin girls as those that came out visiting...not only would they tell you what they wanted you to do , they would tell you how many times !

Martin Luther King Jr
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: