blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 02:11:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272978 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Live game, BB puts me all in without looking at his cards (for 8BB's)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live game, BB puts me all in without looking at his cards (for 8BB's)  (Read 1178 times)
yt

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2006, 02:26:18 PM »

Live £10 rebuy last night jenningspokerschool @ Bishops Stortford FC. 60odd runners. starting chips 1000, add on 2000. 30 mins into the freezeout, 20 min levels currently 300/600. I have 7s8s and raise from LP to 1800 (I have 4800). The Big blind has not looked at his hand. He looks at me and says all in. He has me covered. I laughed and said ok then. My first thought was "I'm not letting him mug me off like that!". To be fair to him he says "Oh balls, I thought you'd fold". Anyway he flips over his blind cards and has A6o which hit two pair. Im out!
These little £10 rebuys are well know for gambling but his all-in blind really pissed me off! (so much so I called when I should have folded). I'd only shown strong hands before that as well, maybe he read me for weak, its possible.....!

So the way I saw it was -
1 - I shouldn't be raising with 78s! Well mostly.
2 - I should be man enough to fold it!
3 - I quite liked his play here as well. Although at the time I thought I must call; afterwards it wasn't so obvious.

What would be the minimum hand to be holding to make this a +EP play?(for me to call)  I'm sure I read somewhere that Q7o is the first hand it becomes + heads up against a random hand.

Tonight is the £5 rebuy and I intend on copying this BB blind move!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:29:08 PM »

Well given that the pot was 6900 and it was 3k for you to call, there are exactly ZERO combinations of hands you should fold here. So if you would normally fold here then his speech play was hopeless as it stopped you from making a bad play.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
yt

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 02:36:14 PM »

Well given that the pot was 6900 and it was 3k for you to call, there are exactly ZERO combinations of hands you should fold here. So if you would normally fold here then his speech play was hopeless as it stopped you from making a bad play.
indeed. like I say it was an instant call at the time and yes based on the pot the right call. (even though I had my hand caught in the cookie jar.)
his play just left lot of nagging doubts in my mind so thought id get some other opinions here.
it wasnt just his speech more that he was playing blind.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 02:38:32 PM by yt » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 02:41:43 PM »

you can't fold there...it's the principle of it!

up against any random hand I'd quite like a suited connector.

p.s If you will go to such places!!!  Cool

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
yt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 02:55:53 PM »

you can't fold there...it's the principle of it!

up against any random hand I'd quite like a suited connector.

p.s If you will go to such places!!!  Cool

Thanks tighty

ps - It's local! and fun! and im "in" with the management! But i see your point  Cheesy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: