blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:10:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  no sense of humour
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: no sense of humour  (Read 6478 times)
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 05:00:33 PM »

Cheers Tighty

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 05:00:56 PM »

Maybe I should just put it in my sig to save you the effort.

Good thinking batman thumbs up

p.s. keep the pokerstars monkey bit though!! Wink

sponsored by Fyffes
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »

watch "snatch" and all will be revealed

I would hope so as well. No point watching a film called 'Snatch' otherwise...

i do hope you are not refering to the slang word for a womans genitalia as it will probably offend some of our female members  blondeites

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2006, 05:03:15 PM »

I do have one question, What on gods green earth is a pikey??

i would tell you , but apparently it is life imprisonment for revealing that information

i do hope you are not refering to the slang word for a womans genitalia as it will probably offend some of our female members  blondeites

there's no need for this

if tighty was wrong to remove your thread, then so be it. we all make mistakes

TightEnd works hard for blonde, and has been moderating his ass off for a while now

can we not give him the benefit of the doubt on this one rather than keep taking continuous digs
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2006, 05:15:04 PM »

I do have one question, What on gods green earth is a pikey??

i would tell you , but apparently it is life imprisonment for revealing that information

i do hope you are not refering to the slang word for a womans genitalia as it will probably offend some of our female members  blondeites

there's no need for this

if tighty was wrong to remove your thread, then so be it. we all make mistakes

TightEnd works hard for blonde, and has been moderating his ass off for a while now

can we not give him the benefit of the doubt on this one rather than keep taking continuous digs

i have nothing but respect for tighty and his other moderators who do a thankless task, a task which , nevertheless , needs to be done.i am not "having a dig " , just making a point.just making the point that in many many many posts,somebody , somewhere will take exception to it.are we to have a list of acceptable/unacceptable words /topics of conversation.

but thanks for your input snoops

im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2006, 05:16:08 PM »

I think poor Tighty's getting the shitty end of the stick because there are some serious concerns about what direction we may or may not be taking in the aftermath of the Inappropriate Jokes thread.

I think that WRT said aftermath, without an official 'party line' the jokes (which I've laughed at before) were a bit near the knuckle. I kind of expected them to go to be honest.

There's also the danger, while some people are a bit raw over all this, of some objections to make a point - which probably don't help anything - so fair enough Tighty.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:20:03 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2006, 05:17:17 PM »

Tightends a kiljoy

But I still love him.
Heid
Nuuuuu Meeeeja Whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2006, 05:20:28 PM »

Here's my take on it (do with it what you will).

Most of those were pretty funny. BUT, talking about domestic violence, using the word "Fuck"(one we are all pretty funny about generally), and taking the piss out of people with disabilities is not nice.

Pikey's is up for debate as far as I am concerned - it's useage has changed - it used to be a rather nasty slang for Gyspsy ( and i am sure it still is, in some places) - but it's has changed to mean chavs now, at least around here.

So the pikey comment kinda offended me (I am frm Gypsy stock), the domestic iolnce thread offended me greatly - you don't find stuff like that funny when your sister has been in a fixator ring for nearly 18 months because of domestic violence.

Here, have a laugh, look at this.. this is what domestic violence is have a laugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no bubble; there is the Final Table.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2006, 05:23:14 PM »

We need some rules in place.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2006, 05:26:17 PM »

GUIDLINES please, not rules

Ive had pm warnings from nearly every mod and if i was to break a "RULE" i'd be outta here.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2006, 05:30:25 PM »

Who'd run a Forum, eh?

Firstly, leave Tighty out of this, it's a collective decision.

He rung me about it, I was busy at the time, but I agreed with him "for the moment". He stuck it on the Mods Board, & I said (only he & I were on "duty" at the time) "I think we need a 3rd or 4th opinion on this".

I really don't know where it's gone from there, but I will do shortly.

But I can see that much of it would be offensive to many, & there was an abundance of profanities in it. And some of the remarks were just not acceptable on blonde.

Sorry - well no, not sorry really. There are plenty of places to see that sort of stuff, much of which I found hilarious, but I really don't want some of them on here.

As for Tighty, the harder he works - & he works as hard as anyone - the more grief he gets. Cut him some slack, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2006, 06:16:49 PM »

I know this might sound like I am sucking up Smiley but threads like this are getting really boring.

Why do people always want to push the rules or test mods interpretation of how the forums should be run?

If there is any doubt a user is about to post something that might offend anyone who uses the forums don't POST it.

As Heid stated people want this place to be friendly and drama free, you never know what personal experience's people have been through so always go with the safe option and go OUT of your way NOT to offend anyone.

You got a funny joke your not sure about, pm your friends it...

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2006, 06:37:54 PM »

so always go with the safe option and go OUT of your way NOT to offend anyone.

i never intentionally offend anybody , but in this particular case i thought they would be OK..obviously i was wrong and i apologise....i did , however put the proviso...do not view if easily offended......tongue in cheek maybe after the latest debate....
so...if there is a warning...dont look at it...how simple is that..
if a tv programme is about to show scenes which are to be distressing they usually warn you....you have a choice , watch it or dont..its no good watching it , getting upset and then firing off a letter of complaint to auntie beeb

just recently we had a caption competition that was marked ADULT........ so it is ok to use adult themes in a competition but not in a post...........double standards?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 06:53:50 PM by booder » Logged

Martin Luther King Jr
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2006, 06:51:34 PM »

Tighty is a seriously good bloke though I wouldn't say it to his face. I personally do not agree with this "you can say what you like" nonsense. If it is offensive to others you are better off without it.

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2006, 06:53:26 PM »

I know this might sound like I am sucking up Smiley but threads like this are getting really boring.

Why do people always want to push the rules or test mods interpretation of how the forums should be run?

If there is any doubt a user is about to post something that might offend anyone who uses the forums don't POST it.

As Heid stated people want this place to be friendly and drama free, you never know what personal experience's people have been through so always go with the safe option and go OUT of your way NOT to offend anyone.

You got a funny joke your not sure about, pm your friends it...

alternatively, just pm a mod beforehand to make sure

easy peasey
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: