blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Re: POLICE RAID CINNCINATTI'S
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Re: POLICE RAID CINNCINATTI'S  (Read 9847 times)
damon

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2006, 07:53:44 AM »

Just a wee correction to the email for the Evening Times reporter,

chris.musson@eveningtimes.co.uk

Feel free to send him an email and give your view.

There will be more in todays edition.

Cheers
Damon

Main Event Poker Directory...to be the largest directory in the world!
damon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 08:00:26 AM »

Just to let you know that the police have included us in their regular beat...upto twice daily(saying that,the beat boys who have visited us have orders to do so,and have actually been quite cool)

I have said that they are more than welcome to pop round,as long as they don't go taking our equipment everytime.

They also seem to be confused by all the fuss.

Like I said, Regular write ups in the paper,TV coverage on Sky,website and BRIGHT BRIGHT YELLOW NEON SIGNS OUTSIDE...do they honestly think we have something to hide.

Damon

Main Event Poker Directory...to be the largest directory in the world!
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 09:51:52 AM »

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/news/tm_objectid=17284765%26method=full%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

I am sure this has already been commented on, but just in case it hasn't.
gofer1971
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:32:58 AM »

Not suprised to here about all these shenanigans. After raids on the Gutshot and Cavendish, it was only a matter of time. But there is some hope though..... (taken from the Cavendish website)

At the court case on the 16th June the resident magistrate finally heard both sides of the story and decided that all seized equipment should be returned immediately.

To avoid all the speculation Sean will be issuing a full report on court proceedings and the current situation regarding the law, as he understands it.

This report will be issued on the opening night of the Cavendish, which will certainly be in the very near future.

Again thanks to everyone for the sustained support and we look forward to seeing you all soon.

So, here's hoping the judge that hears the Cincin case is as open minded as their Irish Counterparts...

Only dead fish go with the flow......
peeveen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:29:29 PM »

Amazing! For once, the Daily Record article is the least sensational and most level headed of them all.

"... More than any other, this is the artifice which, if done properly, allows the professional gambler to increase his winnings, so that he can then fritter them away ..."
taxistu
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 07:54:21 PM »

is the cincinnati club open this saturday with £10,000 guaranteed?

Copied from The Hendon Mob forum

"Now this is a bad beat

me 14,000 chips

average chips 2500

Ongoing pot, binds 75 - 150 2 limpers, me on button raise 600 with pocket
small blind call, big blind call, limper calls

flop 2 4 5 rainbow, everyone check to me , I bet 2000,

at this point 35 uniformed police officers storm into club, 10 plain clothes CID, 2 senior police officers, and 4 gamin officials

They sieze all the cards, chips, take everyones name and address and start interviewing everyone about the club / games / who does what / how many did Harold Shipman kill, EVERYTHING...

Everyone asked to complete a 13 page witness statement with 15 questions per page.

and I still didnt collect the pot cos the Police seized everything

Unbelievable Huh? it happened less than an hour ago at Cinncinatti's in Glasgow. I shit you not....

I asked if I was being interviewed as a wintness or a suspect and when the DCI said "witness" , I answered "no comment" to every one of 150 questions and he wrote down "witness says no comment " against each question.

Un- F**cking- believable"

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 09:43:34 AM »

They do arrest real crims. They just wanted to give me somthin 2 read in the record while I waited 2 get oot!
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 05:06:55 PM »

What's the latest on this?
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 05:11:31 PM »

What's the latest on this?

The club has its equipment back. The computer and screens are back on the walls. There are some cincinnati chips cicking about now, although they are still using the wabash ones as well..

Now, as for the cash the police confiscated from the tournament, I really do not know. It hasn't been returned to the players I know that much. Was it returned by the police? I really don't know. I would hate to think that someone has kept it (either the police or the club) and I would like to think that when it is returned, it makes its way back to the remaining players in the tournament at the time.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:16:11 PM »

The club is doing well, from a punters point of view, 50 odd runners most nights.

fergus8 is doing an excellent job.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »

Yes the club is doing well its busy most nights now Andy has got the run of the tourneys!

I don't know how the club is doing financially but most nights the bar is out of beer and Neil seems quite busy in the kitchen so i would hope that Sid is starting to see the benefit, but having spoken to the Turkish one  Cheesy last week i think it could be a while before he starts to see profit but hopefully with the way things are going most nights it will be enough to keep the club operating in the long term.

mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 07:36:31 PM »

The club could see a much larger profit if the facilities where cheaper... Its a large, prime city location and as such the price wasn't cheap.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 07:43:58 PM »

The club could see a much larger profit if the facilities where cheaper... Its a large, prime city location and as such the price wasn't cheap.

I would hardly call it large!

Location is surely a must?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 07:56:52 PM »

I would hardly call it large!

Location is surely a must?

Large for a poker club? No. Large for a resturant or public house, yes. There is a club litterally 5 mins walk from cincins inside a small industrial unit, converted into semi-comfortable surroundings, with dry walling and carpet.  I'm sure it was posted up here that the cost of the mortgage for the club is something like 3 grand a month. The rent on that small industrial unit would be a hell of a lot less. But image is everything...
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 09:52:11 PM »

I'll be up in Glasgow for a week or so in early October - wouldn't mind popping in to cincins for a game while I'm there.  When's a good night to go?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: