blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 06:35:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blonde needs your help with the Live Updates.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde needs your help with the Live Updates.  (Read 3306 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2006, 11:05:42 PM »

Firstly, apologies that we were forced to abandon our Day Three Live Update from The Vic, but as you know, we had server prpblems.

Now. "Lite" Update, or "Full-Fat". (Or as Andrew T christened them, "Meat" or "Meat & Potatoes".)

We ran a little experiment on Day One, as some folks don't like all the "clutter" in the Traditional blonde Live Update, they prefer a pure "facts only" Update, upon which blondes cannot interact. Nothing wrong with that, each to their own, & the "Lite" Update does enable Members to get to the Results quicker, sometimes wading through 30 pages of Updates (in a single day) can be daunting, & time consuming. So we did a "normal" Update, and a "Facts Only" Update, upon which blondes could not Post.

So, a few questions for you.

Question 1.

Should we continue with this "Dual" Update?

Question 2

Should the "facts only" Update contain Pics?

Question 3

A name to distinguish the two? Sadly, "Meat" or "Meat & Potatoes" is hardly likely to appeal to a potential sponsor!

Question 4

Do you want more or less, Pictures?

Question 5.

If you have any other suggestions to improve our Updates, please say.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 11:12:49 PM »

tony is it possbile to do a meat without the tatties update on the main site with photos?

and a full fat tatties and all update along side on the forum

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 11:15:45 PM »

could you do video clips of interviews and stuff?
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:21:45 PM »

I like the idea of the lite updates, it is a great reference point if you are looking in quickly I would suggest no pictures with these.

I also enjoy the banter on a full fat update when its been done and when I am sat at the computer for the day its great to join in so I am a definite fan of the dual updates.

I think it would be grand if we could even get a player column and Blonde could get a player from the event to give us their thoughts on how the day was going, even if this was only updated at breaks.

Regards a name how about the nuts for the quick update and stone cold nuts for the full fat version??

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 11:44:09 PM »

So, a few questions for you.

Question 1.

Yes please!

Question 2

No thankyou!

Question 3

A name to distinguish the two? Sadly, "Meat" or "Meat & Potatoes" is hardly likely to appeal to a potential sponsor!

Whats wrong with full update and lite update?

Question 4

See 5.

Question 5.

Interviews with some of the key players, ideally video interviews. Also an update page detailing the progress of blondites. By which i mean a list of names with thier current stacks or the word OUT next to them, constantly updated through the comps.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:46:01 PM by Royal Flush » Logged

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 11:48:01 PM »

I like pics.  This approach worked for Paul Daniels when he was first breaking into magic.  Pics are fantastic as they get people involved in the action that aren't there.  This coupled with the detailed reports make me feel a part of the action. I even sit at home wearing a sun visor cap, i-pod and have a tangerine placed infront of my mountain of chips.  Check...Calll... nice hand
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2006, 12:14:37 AM »

Question 1.

Yes, but they should be 'Bare bones' i.e. Mr X out. 37 players remaining

Question 2

No

Question 3

'At a glance' / 'Live and interactive'

Question 4

Always more

Question 5.

I think it would be good if you could get the players to comment more, ask if they have any thoughts, a quote, or a message for the viewers.

The older I get, the better I was.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2006, 12:51:11 AM »

Question 1.

Yes, great way to quickly find out whats happeing without trawling through the entire full fat thread

Question 2

No, Thats what the main update is for

Question 3

I cant best what Red has suggested, its a perfect fit. IMHO

Question 4

more

Question 5.

Guest updaters from around the country, Always more norkage, Perhaps analsys of play and performance from Tikay or Jen ( snoops if we are really stuck, if we cant get colchester Kev that is)

Perhaps a predict a winner competion, or guess the final table, run with a sponser in mind to promote the product, Say if its a poker room, then, $15 in a sporting odd, blonde poker, blue square account. Or packs of cards, t shirts that sort of thing.

I think it may help to get more people to sign up as well, a cheap incentive to incresase the numbers without neglecting the long term blondites.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:41:20 AM by Newmanseye » Logged

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2006, 01:21:45 AM »

yes

no

Live update and Lite Update?

fine as they are

If you have any othr suggestions to improve our Updates, please say.

I think we should have on page 1 of the lite update a list of all the blondes and their current chip count.
Podcasts with exit/pre-match/break etc interviews.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 01:25:49 AM by snoopy1239 » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2006, 01:22:27 AM »

could you do video clips of interviews and stuff?

This is definitely a possibility for the future and something that I have mentioned more than once, especially with the rise of Podcasts.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2006, 09:59:09 AM »

As much as it pains me to kill my children, Red's naming suggestions are a bit better than mine. Also, I realised that I missed the opportunity to do a 'chips' pun.

When it comes to the photos, there should obviously be as many as we can get, provided there's no risk of them slowing the board down.
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2006, 10:16:54 AM »

Also, I realised that I missed the opportunity to do a 'chips' pun.

<a href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZBYYYYYYYYGB" target="_blank">[img width= height= alt=Duh" border="0]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_19_1.gif[/img][/url]

Also why you change your signature? I stood more chance of winning when it was 200 people and one pokerstars monkey - now I've got to beat 1000 Cry

Question 1.

If its isn't too much trouble to the updaters to just copy over the important info to another thread then I'd like to see both

Question 2

No - hence the title "facts only"

Question 3

Reddog's suggestion seems ok to me thumbs up

Question 4

Don't mind - the chances of you capturing a good looking lady monkey at the poker table are about the same as me winning this years main event!!

Question 5.

Just as all programs have "co-commentators" to help facilitate the burden of the normal commentator - usually being someone who is an actual poker player to give some added insights to the commentary maybe if Blonde could get a "guest updater" at some of the big events, maybe one of the big name players who has already busted from the tournament and they could provide so added insights to some of the key hands.

Threads for instance by Harry D and Peter Costa stick in the mind and having them give their take on how some of the key hands of the tournament have been played would be good.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 10:19:25 AM by matt674 » Logged

sponsored by Fyffes
charmaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 10:19:34 AM »

Question 1.

Definitely , for those not liking the banter and just want the pure poker.
Question 2

No need if they're on the other update.
Question 3

Your original names were good.
Question 4

More pics please .
Question 5.

If you have any other suggestions to improve our Updates, please say
None , think you all do a great job.

There's my Penny's worth  Smiley

" Kind words can be short and easy to speak , but there echoes are truly endless " -Mother Theresa
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2006, 10:26:43 AM »

p.s. my last suggestion was not monkey saying that the skill levels of the current updaters is not of a high enough standard, before i move up three places on the Beagles hit list and get scrubbed off Jen's christmas card list!!

In case anyone were to read that last suggestion the wrong way!!

sponsored by Fyffes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2006, 10:51:22 AM »

p.s. my last suggestion was not monkey saying that the skill levels of the current updaters is not of a high enough standard, before i move up three places on the Beagles hit list and get scrubbed off Jen's christmas card list!!

In case anyone were to read that last suggestion the wrong way!!

Keep digging.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: