blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 10:56:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272775 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Was i out played or just unlucky? When to defend for the Big Blind
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Was i out played or just unlucky? When to defend for the Big Blind  (Read 919 times)
Spitroaster

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2006, 02:35:43 PM »

A problem moment for me is always muliple limper and then you look down a good hand but not a powerhous in the big blind.
What to do? Check and disguise the strenghth of you hand but get no information on possible slow playing or raise it up and hope to take the pot right there.

Last night i fell foul of this sticky wicket again.

Just moved tables in a live tournament in the Cincinnati Club in thwe know out stage with a good stack of chips. Got a hand in the big blind tried to bully and lost about 5K when i did not hit.

The very next time i have my big blind this is the senareo

I have approx 9,000 chips, blinds 200/400, seven handed

Limp from pos. 2, 3, 6 and i look down at  so i raise it up 2,000 and get two callers from pos. 2 and 3. pot now approx 8,000.

flop comes  I think for a moment (telling myself well you've hit your ace what else where you hoping for when you played ace ten) then push all in for my remaining 7,000.

To my dismay i get called by position pos. 2 who has an unbelievable holding of reducing what started out, i thought as strong holding in the big blind to just two measly outs. The flush hit on the river

Was i destined to lose a lot of money on this hand, or just played well?
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 02:53:02 PM »

A problem moment for me is always muliple limper and then you look down a good hand but not a powerhous in the big blind.
What to do? Check and disguise the strenghth of you hand but get no information on possible slow playing or raise it up and hope to take the pot right there.

Last night i fell foul of this sticky wicket again.

Just moved tables in a live tournament in the Cincinnati Club in thwe know out stage with a good stack of chips. Got a hand in the big blind tried to bully and lost about 5K when i did not hit.

The very next time i have my big blind this is the senareo

I have approx 9,000 chips, blinds 200/400, seven handed

Limp from pos. 2, 3, 6 and i look down atĀ  so i raise it up 2,000 and get two callers from pos. 2 and 3. pot now approx 8,000.

flop comesĀ  I think for a moment (telling myself well you've hit your ace what else where you hoping for when you played ace ten) then push all in for my remaining 7,000.

To my dismay i get called by position pos. 2 who has an unbelievable holding of reducing what started out, i thought as strong holding in the big blind to just two measly outs. The flush hit on the river

Was i destined to lose a lot of money on this hand, or just played well?

I used to get knocked out this way...I always thought "Well, if they want to hit the flush they have to pay for it". These days I tend to play position more. I probably would have checked it (not knowing the sort of guy pos2 was) as he did call a fairly decent raise.
If he then raises you know you're in trouble.

I am much more of a position player then I used to be and it's working fine for me.

I understand why you made the raise butyour position made it a tricky bet.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 03:05:55 PM »

You shouldn't have raised this trash pre flop out of the BB. If you are the button then fine, but no in the BB.

On the flop you have now made it impossible to not go broke on, with 8k in there and 7k back how are you not going to end this hand with all your chips in the middle?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 03:40:59 PM »

For me, there are too many limpers to raise it with a hand like ATo.  If it's just one, then fair enough, but the chances are that there is at least one decent hand in that lot and you could easily be behind.

I'd have called.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: