blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:57:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  wsop
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: wsop  (Read 2898 times)
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:39:13 AM »

flying out for the wsop on the 18th of july   which  events do people recommend playing  and where do you think the best cash action will be during the world series

with over 7000 players hitting vegas at the same time i plan to play lots of cash as well as tournys

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 10:57:18 AM »

Dave.
Last year the cash at the rio was loose and profitable but soooo badly run.  There were no waiting lists, no system or anything, you just had to hang around the table until a seat became free and everyone scrambled for it - it may be better this year but i would go elsewhere. In general the Rio was a total circus, the staff are unfriendly and i found the whole experience of the Rio infuriating. - AVOID!!!!!

There are a lot of card rooms with good cash action but alot of them are predominantly limit cash - which i found dull.  There are good NLH games at the Orleans, which has a huge card room.  The mirage is nice but the card room is quite small as is the one at the alladin.

For tournamenets, the palms ran a mini-festival during the WSOP and the orleans also run one toward the end of July with buy-ins from $100 - $1000 with daily sats.

Bellagio is the place where everyone wants to play for cash and tournies.  The room is also small and is populated by the better players.  The waiting lists are huge (sometimes hours) and the tournamnts sell out about 3-4 hours prior to start (they had a daily $500 and a once a wekk $1000) comp.

There are comps all over vegas and the best thing to do is spend the first few days looking round and picking up a schedule from each room.  I would reccomend the orleans though for cash as the players are not too great and there are about 30 tables so you aren't waiting to long - if at all.

Prepare for poker overlaod and possible burnout! - good luck
MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 11:43:50 AM »

I would reccomend the orleans though for cash as the players are not too great and there are about 30 tables so you aren't waiting to long - if at all.

I will be at The Orleans from the 26th, so expect extra dead money when I'm not playing at The Rio.

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »

That makes 2 of us then! 
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 02:05:27 PM »

3 of us! Wink

Greg - I'm surprised you didn't like the Rio cash set up. I found their waiting list system spot on. Give your name at the desk, it then goes up onto those electronic flatscreens they had and I was never out of a seat for more than 10 minutes in the entire 6 weeks I was there. The 2/5 NL was bliss.

I'm not surprised you liked the Orleans cash though! LOL I remeber a table you sat at for one hour....!!
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 02:09:21 PM »

Dave - as for tourneys I'd recommend the Bellagio.

The structures and starting stacks are way ahead of the Rio WSOP events.

The Palms also did good $125 and $200 evening comps last year.

Anyone plying the Orleans $1000 again? Last year it was a British event! Cheesy
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 02:42:14 PM »

Dave.
Last year the cash at the rio was loose and profitable but soooo badly run.  There were no waiting lists, no system or anything, you just had to hang around the table until a seat became free and everyone scrambled for it - it may be better this year but i would go elsewhere. In general the Rio was a total circus, the staff are unfriendly and i found the whole experience of the Rio infuriating. - AVOID!!!!!

There are a lot of card rooms with good cash action but alot of them are predominantly limit cash - which i found dull.  There are good NLH games at the Orleans, which has a huge card room.  The mirage is nice but the card room is quite small as is the one at the alladin.

For tournamenets, the palms ran a mini-festival during the WSOP and the orleans also run one toward the end of July with buy-ins from $100 - $1000 with daily sats.

Bellagio is the place where everyone wants to play for cash and tournies.  The room is also small and is populated by the better players.  The waiting lists are huge (sometimes hours) and the tournamnts sell out about 3-4 hours prior to start (they had a daily $500 and a once a wekk $1000) comp.

There are comps all over vegas and the best thing to do is spend the first few days looking round and picking up a schedule from each room.  I would reccomend the orleans though for cash as the players are not too great and there are about 30 tables so you aren't waiting to long - if at all.

Prepare for poker overlaod and possible burnout! - good luck

how did you manage to convince them that you were old enough to be allowed entrance.do you have forged i.d     
we all know you are only 15

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 05:58:01 PM »

i was there 14 days and got asked for ID 19 times!!!! - grrrr.
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 06:12:50 PM »

i arrive at the orleans on the 16th i think.......,

Heard about all the good side games at wsop but i might struggle at full ring cash, ill be giving it a try anyway!

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »

Heard about all the good side games at wsop but i might struggle at full ring cash, ill be giving it a try anyway!

Trust me - you cannot struggle at cash out there!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 08:58:10 PM »

I had the same problem, but I blagged it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 09:00:39 PM »

I had the same problem, but I blagged it.

They have an upper age limit? WOW!!

The older I get, the better I was.
Jim-D

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 09:07:14 PM »

U not qualified yet Tom?
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 09:11:56 PM »

Wait til you get to the age where you are GRATEFUL to get asked for ID.

Me and the Mrs were in a Chicago bar a few years back and the bartender carded me...

"What! You've got to be joking!?"

"I'm sorry sir, it's company policy to ID anyone who looks under thirty."

"Ah. Here's my ID.  Keep the change."   Grin

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 09:48:04 PM »

Trust me - you cannot struggle at cash out there!

even I made a profit!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: