blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:22:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Betfair leaving the crypto network?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Betfair leaving the crypto network?  (Read 4550 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2005, 01:08:33 AM »

http://www.fool.com/News/mft/2005/mft05080925.htm

I like playing at BF, I hope they will have enough players to be able to pull this off successfully.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 01:15:47 AM »

to be honest i really really do hope that betfair do, go ahead with this, as Betfair are far far far better than this 10 shilling mob, they are forever running into problems and are always expecting betfair to explain the problems as in house problems, BF are better than this, and has so so many fans and runners that will be very very glad to see the back of Crypto, you only need to read their forum to understand this situation.

I for 1 will stand be BF on this bold move..All the way!!!
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 09:27:52 AM by Dave (TPT's No. 1) » Logged

Click to see full-size image.

Last Man Standing 2 - Champion!!               The Shrewdie's!!
dan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 10:09:03 AM »

i was playing on will hill the other  day and 1 of the players i was playing against said that will hill was leaving crypto. dont know how true this is
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 11:04:17 AM »

Will Hill will not yet have said that they're thinking of leaving Crypto. However, I can imagine there may be 'high level discussions' between WH and BF once the BF poker system is nearing completion. If Betfair can produce a quick, stable, innovative poker system, I'd imagine the other Crypto subscribers will be clamouring to join. It all depends on the tightness of the contracts they've got with Crypto.

Betfair leaving Crypto has been on the cards for ages and I'm only too happy it looks like it will come to pass.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2005, 11:51:05 AM »

Not sure that I'm happy about this news - crypto provides more overlays in toourneys than any other site.  Do you think this will continue if WillHill and Betfair leave?  I have played a lot on cyrpto and think they have less probs than Ladbrokes for instance.
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »

Not sure that I'm happy about this news - crypto provides more overlays in toourneys than any other site. Do you think this will continue if WillHill and Betfair leave? I have played a lot on cyrpto and think they have less probs than Ladbrokes for instance.

when they leave, just sign up with one of those two, im sure they will both have the same range of tourneys as the crypto has at present

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 04:50:20 PM »

when they leave, just sign up with one of those two, im sure they will both have the same range of tourneys as the crypto has at present

Betfair/Willhill will only leave if they think that they can make more money - it doesn't make sense for them to develop software and pay for staff presently provided by crypto unless they think they can make a lot more. I doubt very much if they will offer the same overlays in tournaments because crypto is the only site that offers these on a regular basis - perhaps wh/bf are sick of paying for them.
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 05:29:17 PM »

problem here is i find the a lot of the crypto players weak as im sure other people do and i know although there are weak players on other networks some people will still lose the stats they have gathered on the crypto players over a certain amount of time..And for the more serious players this will be a big disadvantage
RobS

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 05:38:14 PM »

To say if Betfair go it alone they will have fewer guaranteed and added money tournaments is probably inaccurate. At the moment, even whilst they are still on the crypto network, Betfair are providing one of the biggest added money weekly tournaments on the net - and this is for Betfair players only. Betfair Poker have been held back by Crypotlogical software for long enough. Betfair seem to me determined to provide a reliable, popular and excellent value poker product which they will now strive to do without the lead weight of cryptological on their shoulders.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 08:24:45 PM »

I think Betfair will buy another site and put their players onto that software   Wink

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Scottish Dave

Im in love with Trigg!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 12:58:20 AM »

To say if Betfair go it alone they will have fewer guaranteed and added money tournaments is probably inaccurate. At the moment, even whilst they are still on the crypto network, Betfair are providing one of the biggest added money weekly tournaments on the net - and this is for Betfair players only. Betfair Poker have been held back by Crypotlogical software for long enough. Betfair seem to me determined to provide a reliable, popular and excellent value poker product which they will now strive to do without the lead weight of cryptological on their shoulders.

excellent post, agree!

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2005, 01:26:51 AM »

Don't forget the huge increasing in revenue for those poor old betfair owners should they succesfully strike out alone.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: