blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  I am now a fake plumber
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am now a fake plumber  (Read 15217 times)
Sark79

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2006, 04:45:04 PM »

Have you ever pretended to be someone your aren't?

Today, my friend phoned up and asked a favour. Her Boss had asked her to arrange for a plumber to visit a Department Store he has a contract for. He basically arranges for any work that needs doing and to keep all the pipes, electrics, etc working smoothly.  She forgot to call the plumber yesterday and didn't want to get into trouble with her Boss.  So she asked me to pretend to be a Plumber and go along to inspect a broken pipe.

I know absolutely nothing about plumbing or water leaks  Cheesy.   Due to the fact I am a push over, I agreed.  When I got to the Store, I explained I was Graham ( the name of the plumber who was suppose to show up ) and I was from the maintenance company.  I have no idea what plumbers carry with them, so had a set of tacky looking 99p spanners and a screw driver that I had bought from ALDI on the way there.

The Lady at the Store showed me to the toilets and explained the pipe was leaking.  I didn't just go in there with no back up plan though, I had arranged to call my friend who is a plumber and he would talk me through the procedure.  Unfortunately the women stood and watched me for a few minutes and tried to make small talk.  I was thinking to myself  " Please go away....  I can't phone the guy when you are stood there looking at me ".  So I held a few pipes and did a bit of head shaking and said   " ohh,  I see the problem here love.  We have a leaking pipe ".  I forgot that is why, I had been called there in the first place  Cheesy.  I may as well have been trying to fix a car engine as I had no idea what the hell I was looking at. There were loads of pipes and leaking water.

Eventually she went away and my mate talked me through how to fix the pipe. It went well and the leak was fixed, although I now hold the unofficial record for the slowest maintenance job performed in UK history. I think she thought I had fell asleep in the toilets. My phone battery ran out as well, but I had the main bit done by then thankfully.

Watch Rogue Traders with Matt Allright next time, I will probably be on there with my 99p spanners and confused look spread across my face.   

Anyone need a plumber? 

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »

lol good work Sark.  I like the bit about the 99p spanners from Aldi Cheesy

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 04:49:30 PM »

is this in any way related to the XML feeds Sark?

Good work by the way.  Did you get paid?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 04:54:35 PM »

No, I didn't get any money.  But I had to sign a sheet. Unfortuately I forgot the name of the company I was representing. I had to make an excuse, so I could find a pay phone and call my friend and ask the company name.   

No comment about the XML's  Cheesy
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 05:11:10 PM »

Sark, the next time you visit our planet promise you'll come and see us.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 05:12:01 PM »

fecking classic

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 05:29:28 PM »

No, I didn't get any money.  But I had to sign a sheet. Unfortuately I forgot the name of the company I was representing. I had to make an excuse, so I could find a pay phone and call my friend and ask the company name.   

So you will get paid then when your pretend company invoices £200 for the work...
henrik777

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

So you will get paid then when your pretend company invoices £200 for the work...

The friend is female in case you missed it  Wink stirthepot

Sandy
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 06:05:05 PM »

You can't make this stuff up.
 Cheesy
Swordpoker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 06:10:11 PM »

Sark, you're my hero 

Gryff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

Send them an invoice and ask them to make it out the cheque out to Corporate Advanced System Holdings, CASH for short.
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 06:17:24 PM »

It is just a small matter of paperwork.  It doesn't matter which employee ( or fake employee ) carries out the work, just that the work gets done.  My role was to do the job she should have arranged for one of the companies workers to do.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 06:42:35 PM »

Wow, you should go on Faking It.  Gutsy.  I wrote sick notes to my school pretending to be my mum, but that's easy, no technical skill required...

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 06:44:55 PM »

You should get a ride out of that at least.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 06:50:33 PM »

Id expect more than just a free ride.... you can get that for nothing north of the border.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: