blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:01:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  You like this laydown?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You like this laydown?  (Read 3633 times)
IveGotOuts

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 03:00:51 PM »

Tough hand man. How can he raise again there without the nuts?

Unless its an unbelievably good bluff i.e. - He knows that you have the Ace (since you raised on the end) and knows that you know he has the Ace (dont you?) and he knows that you are capable of laying it down. He'd have to have played with you an awful lot to make this read; I think it's a very risky bluff, one that I would expect VERY few people to make.

So I think he's probably got it so good fold.

One thing that could be said is echoed from Sklansky - "dont raise (or bet) if you wouldn't like a re-raise". So if you are not going to call a re-raise dont raise the river here.
Dont know if Sklansky had something like this in mind here though as its difficult not to value bet the 2nd nuts but in fairness would you expect a call from the Qclubs here?
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 11:17:26 AM »

I PMed Green Plastic at www.cardrunners.com about this hand. He's meant to be one of the best players on the internet and I have read a couple of posts by him about gut feeling and making big laydowns etc. This is his reply.

hi,
sorry my response took so long. i think you have to call there - but given the chat and situation, i think you were beat. I think he wanted you to call, and i dont think thats how he would play a lower flush. that being said, i still dont fold the hand for a 200nl player. it just isnt right enough to make it profitable, and you already have quite a bit invested in the pot.

as an aside - i folded the nut flush on a paired board yesterday for a min raise - so folding the nut flush isnt something that shouldnt be done from time to time. good thinking and thanks for the question.

best,
tc

I think the problem was that at the time I was just taking a tentative step up to 1-2 and it seemed like a lot of money to be wasting when I was sure I was beat. I would have called at .50-1 so I can see why I should have called, I was just playing with scared money. I moved back down and am just making the move back up again. Hopefully it will go better this time.
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 09:27:34 PM »

So if you're reraised on the river you always fold unless you have the stone cold nuts?

I think you have to call

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 02:32:25 PM »

You cant fold here, in the LR it is surely a profitable play to call it....in NL200 people are likely to do anything to take a hand down...i couldnt lay down the 2nd nuts here.
Trix

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2006, 11:35:52 AM »

Tough hand man. How can he raise again there without the nuts?

Unless its an unbelievably good bluff i.e. - He knows that you have the Ace (since you raised on the end) and knows that you know he has the Ace (dont you?) and he knows that you are capable of laying it down. He'd have to have played with you an awful lot to make this read; I think it's a very risky bluff, one that I would expect VERY few people to make.

So I think he's probably got it so good fold.

One thing that could be said is echoed from Sklansky - "dont raise (or bet) if you wouldn't like a re-raise". So if you are not going to call a re-raise dont raise the river here.
Dont know if Sklansky had something like this in mind here though as its difficult not to value bet the 2nd nuts but in fairness would you expect a call from the Qclubs here?

Good post.

I think its a horrible thing to have to do and i dont think I could do it. The fact that you made it shows great discipline and is a sign of a great player. well done
Enzyme_

Poker Face >.<

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2006, 08:52:07 PM »

call every time in that situation unless u have a proper tell on him..

Odds of him with royal flush against having a lower flush are tiny

2 Fins off a Fish!
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2006, 11:39:26 AM »

imo this is a massive case of "if he's got it good luck to him"  if he's got it reload and move on (this should be ok if at the right level with your bankroll) if he hasn't scoop the pot!!
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2006, 11:46:20 AM »

imo this is a massive case of "if he's got it good luck to him"  if he's got it reload and move on (this should be ok if at the right level with your bankroll) if he hasn't scoop the pot!!

''If hes got it good luck to him''

Perfectly summerised
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: