blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:59:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  blonde Bash 3 - Date & Venue!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Bash 3 - Date & Venue!  (Read 24954 times)
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2006, 10:14:43 PM »

Hope its at walsall will be booking into the quality inn again, loved that place!

Pab, you need help lo ( but I hope you were joking)l. I think Tighty's name for it is truely apt... The "It's not"   

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 10, 2006, 10:16:53 PM »

am I the only saddo sitting here clicking 'refresh' because Tikay is currently posting a message?!?!?!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 10, 2006, 10:18:36 PM »

Walsall is easy to get to if you have a car, for those of us who use public transport it is a nightmare.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 10, 2006, 10:18:46 PM »

am I the only saddo sitting here clicking 'refresh' because Tikay is currently posting a message?!?!?!
I wasn't until you said that!

Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:08 PM »

yes ginger i was joking, :-)

i stayed there for the recent walsall festival since the highly recomended village was full!

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:36 PM »

How do you know that?Huh?
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2006, 10:19:56 PM »

Walsall is easy to get to if you have a car, for those of us who use public transport it is a nightmare.

Get a train

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 10, 2006, 10:20:06 PM »

How do you know that?Huh?

who's online on front page

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 10, 2006, 10:21:02 PM »

Nope Cheesy

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2006, 10:21:12 PM »

Get a train

Nah, he'll get my car  Cheesy

ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2006, 10:21:29 PM »

erm i mean, YES!!

Of course not.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 10, 2006, 10:21:50 PM »

OK, blonde Bash 3 will take place on.......

September 9th & 10th

at.....

Grosvenor Walsall

Our reasons for selecting those dates & that venue?

Date:

We needed to avoid Major Events - that weekend's Main Event  is Swansea, & it will be sad to miss Swansea (!...) but it's the best slot we could find.

We needed to ensure Dave Colclough would be available. He is committed to some Personal "Mentoring" at bB3.

That weekend is about the first that "fits".

Venue.

After we had bB1 at The Broadway, our friends at Grosvenor Walsall asked to be considered for future Bashes. I should tell you that not all Venues would welcome us, as we pretty much "take the place over" for the weekend.

London was our first choice this time, but we could not find a suitable & appropriate Venue. We were about to enter into negotiations with The Western, but then we realised they never had Disabled Access, so that was that.

The Rendezvous Brighton was considered strongly. They have a 140 seater Cardroom due to open end of August, but we needed to be 100% sure it would be ready in time. And Brighton is a bit "lop-sided" geographically.

Walsall is pretty much central to Mainland UK. It is 200 yards from the M6, & 300 yards from a decent, reasonably-priced Hotel. Birmingham Airport is not far away, & Taxi-Sharing from the Airport is likely.

The nearby & well-priced Hotel nearby was crucial, complete with good Disabled Access, as many "extra curricular" activities will be held there. (No, not THAT). The Quiz for example.

We have a lot of Scots on blonde, & they really helped make bB1 & bB2, so we want it "travelable" for them.

It's a long way from Wales, which should help restrict their presence.

Details will be released over the coming days & weeks, including a Hotel Deal for those wishing to "stay over".

Format.

Much the same as previous. A low entry fee blondes only jobbie on Saturday, & an "open" comp on Sunday evening. A quiz on Sunday afternoon. A Heads-Up Comp, A Football match, even a Fancy Dress Comp if you want, & indeed anything else, if you want it. Suggestions welcome!

We expect to start convening at the Hotel from midday onwards on the Saturday.

Very shortly - please be patient, but this evening or tomorrow morning - Tighty will start an "acceptances" thread. We will also, most probably, have a bB3 Child Board, so we can keep all the Bash stuff together. Not everyone wants to or can go to the Bash, so we want to keep GD reasonably clear of bB3 stuff.

I'd like, right now, to thank the Mods in advance for their help. These Bashes are a lot of hard work, & the Mods do a grand job.

And finally......

We can't please everyone, we just can't. And we can predict, almost 100%, those who will not be happy, but we've really tried to make this the best possible occasion. And if we got it wrong, well, it's too late now. Shoot Kev - it was his idea.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2006, 10:22:36 PM »

Yay!  I'm there!

byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2006, 10:23:34 PM »

wow, I'd never clicked that before, it feels like I'm spying on you all.
ifm

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2006, 10:25:47 PM »

I may force myself to travel Cheesy

Of course not.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: