blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:57:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  past blonde Bashes
| | | |-+  Acceptances thread for blondeBash 3: Wanna come? Post here
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Acceptances thread for blondeBash 3: Wanna come? Post here  (Read 77580 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2006, 01:15:21 PM »

all updated 176

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2006, 01:33:05 PM »

Would be nice if some of the first time posters here went and introduced themselves on the main board.......

there sems to be alot of new members who have just signed up to play at bb3. no introductions, no further posts

Happens evreytime, come along make 1 post and never return to blonde ever again. At some point due to the size of blonde it will cost a "real blonde" a spot.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2006, 01:39:49 PM »

Would be nice if some of the first time posters here went and introduced themselves on the main board.......

there sems to be alot of new members who have just signed up to play at bb3. no introductions, no further posts

Happens evreytime, come along make 1 post and never return to blonde ever again. At some point due to the size of blonde it will cost a "real blonde" a spot.

Have to agree with that. perhaps in future a person has to be a member for a certain time before they can sign up to the bash maybe an idea. Minimum posts wouldn't really work as the forum would just be full or total drivel with people bumping their post counts.

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2006, 01:41:46 PM »

There is no such thing as "real" and "unreal" (?) blondes.....first come first served is the fairest way

We don't discriminate as to post count!

However I agree (with Flushy, off to lie down) it is to be welcomed if everyone new wanting to attend tells us about themselves first both, as i believe that the social side of these events is what makes them and if we know you, the new poster, beforehand we have a headstart and so do you!

My eyes are open wide
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »

My concern here is that anyone reading this public forum can sign up and ask for a spot at the bash.  Places are limited, and there is no guarantee that some of the people signing up and making one post saying 'put my name down please' have any intention of actually coming back to the forum or indeed the bash.  At the moment I don't think it's a problem as we are not over subscribed, but it would be a shame if people with a genuine desire to come along have to be knocked back further down the line.

Perhaps a way round this would be to make the blonde bash board viewable to members only?

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2006, 04:52:10 PM »

There is no such thing as "real" and "unreal" (?) blondes.....first come first served is the fairest way

However I agree (with Flushy, off to lie down) it is to be welcomed if everyone new wanting to attend tells us about themselves first both, as i believe that the social side of these events is what makes them and if we know you, the new poster, beforehand we have a headstart and so do you!

A person who posts 1 post has as much right as tikay does in terms of being a blonde, however a person who logs onto the site once, posts 1 post and never returns again is not a real blonde! Surely!

If they are the +1 of someone then fair enough.

Of course the way its done now is the fairest, it was posted up weeks ago and its still not full, so the regular and even in-frequent visitors have had the chance to get in.

It was mainly after cincin's event when i didn't know half the people who were there! When i asked who they were they said things like "i just joined last week" never seen any of them since! (not picking on the jocks, the same happened to a degree in Brum)

I just would like to see these people post in the GD forum and say hello! It's not asking a lot from a blondite!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2006, 04:57:56 PM »

I agree with both of you to a large extent

We'll consider the "viewable to members" thing for bb4, good idea

My eyes are open wide
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 10, 2006, 05:26:01 PM »

is it possible to have +2 or is that taking the p***? in light of recent posts.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 10, 2006, 05:32:28 PM »

perfectly fine, no problem

My eyes are open wide
turny

View Profile WWW
« Reply #354 on: August 10, 2006, 06:36:44 PM »

A person who posts 1 post has as much right as tikay does in terms of being a blonde, however a person who logs onto the site once, posts 1 post and never returns again is not a real blonde! Surely!

If they are the +1 of someone then fair enough.

Of course the way its done now is the fairest, it was posted up weeks ago and its still not full, so the regular and even in-frequent visitors have had the chance to get in.

It was mainly after cincin's event when i didn't know half the people who were there! When i asked who they were they said things like "i just joined last week" never seen any of them since! (not picking on the jocks, the same happened to a degree in Brum)

I just would like to see these people post in the GD forum and say hello! It's not asking a lot from a blondite!

why not pick on the jocks its fun 

rd
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 11, 2006, 05:56:19 PM »

ME + ONE TO PLAY   
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 11, 2006, 06:05:21 PM »

if thats who i think it is you and your +1 are already in through me and 8 ball
littlemissC

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: August 11, 2006, 06:07:17 PM »

if its not i feel like a muppet
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: August 11, 2006, 06:10:51 PM »

if its not i feel like a muppet

I think this highlights why a little intro would be helpful!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 11, 2006, 06:29:06 PM »

ME + ONE TO PLAY   

Welcome to blonde........

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 35 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: