blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:48:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. Final: Live Update - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP $50,000 H.O.R.S.E. Final: Live Update - Interactive  (Read 47497 times)
Pab

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: July 15, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

See you soon, fly tomorrow morning, soooooooo excited

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: July 15, 2006, 05:43:19 PM »

nighty night 

the fork's protruding
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 15, 2006, 05:43:51 PM »

Great updates, unlucky to Bloch who had Reese all in twice with the worst of it.

LOL@ tikay looking like Kalabos! Sheriff I would be hiding if I were you! Cheesy
JustinWest
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 15, 2006, 05:48:07 PM »

Tell me you did NOT just leave without giving me a cigarette first...

honestly, the nerve...
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 15, 2006, 05:48:30 PM »

Thanks guys... Guess I'll have to create my own quiz team, full of mutant superheroes, or errr something...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 15, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

Thank you so much Jen and Poonsy for updates well beyond the call of duty.

I think you should both be awarded the blogger's equivalent of the George Cross.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 15, 2006, 05:56:20 PM »

The result seems somewhat appropriate if the purpose of this tournament is to identify the best 'poker player' (as opposed to the main event which nowadays relies heavily on luck to survive so many people).  For years Chip Reese's name has been mentioned whenever the top pro's are asked who's the best, but he gets relatively little press as he's more of a cash game than a tournament player, being a regular player in the Bellagio 'Big Game'.

It therefore seems 'right' that he's come out as the winner of this event.

Great updating guys!

Sheriff

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 15, 2006, 06:02:50 PM »

Well done folks.  Nice updates . Thanks
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 15, 2006, 06:06:35 PM »

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
DesD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2006, 06:32:29 PM »

Fantastic effort Jen and Snoopy....enjoy your time off....
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »

The result seems somewhat appropriate if the purpose of this tournament is to identify the best 'poker player' (as opposed to the main event which nowadays relies heavily on luck to survive so many people).  For years Chip Reese's name has been mentioned whenever the top pro's are asked who's the best, but he gets relatively little press as he's more of a cash game than a tournament player, being a regular player in the Bellagio 'Big Game'.

It therefore seems 'right' that he's come out as the winner of this event.

Great updating guys!

Sheriff

I agree mate, i met Andy when the tilt guys came to the gutshot and he is a really nice guy, i would not begrundge him the win, however i want to see the HORSE event be the 'world championship' event and so to have a legend of poker like Chip win it improves the future credability of the tournament.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2006, 06:50:36 PM »

Sorry about the post it just proved my point that there was going to be an allin around this stage. ( I said once it gets under the 1.2mill mark for Reese's Stack. )

Yes Chip called Andy's push, Andy didnt "take a shot"

Andy by the sounds of it was playing perfect big stack HU poker, not shoving it in but using his stack to be able to make multiple bets throughout the hand, increasing the pressure on Chip.

I also want to comment that I'd call in any situation as long as I wasnt dominated in so far as one can be sure, and I stand by that Wink

If you can manufacture three allins with the chip lead with a 30% hand each time you have a 90% chance of winning at least once... I'll take a 90% shot at winning a tournament when its heads up

I think 3 people have already pointed out to you how flawed your maths is, winning 3 x 30% shots is 65.7% now assuming you can take 3 shots, you would need a 7m-1m chip lead to do this (7mv1m,6mv2m,4mv4m). Are you seriously telling me that with a 7-1 lead you are happy to take 2-1? (66%) Surely you are taking the piss?

Now lets say you are getting it in 40/60 then you are 78.4% to win over the 3 events, again are you happy taking 4-1 with our 7-1 lead?

If you have the chip lead you can apply the pressure on your opponent to make the crazy moves, you have the lead and patience. Lets imagine you let them start stealing and they build up a bit of a stack but you do get 2 shots in at 70-30, well then you are a 91% fave, 2x 60-40 then you are 84% fave. And thats sacraficing a 'shot'

I hope i have gone some way to explainng why a good player such as Andy Bloch or Chip Reese will wait it out when they have the lead.

I must add however there are times when i will just stick it in, and thats if my oppo is outplaying me. At that point your best bet is just to stick it in and hope to get in on a 40-60, as a player playing the streets better than you is far better than 60%!

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Div

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2006, 07:25:44 PM »

Good work team Blonde.

PS Someone wake up Pauly and tell him it's finished!

'Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.'
- Warren Buffett

http://pokerdiv.blogspot.com
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2006, 09:06:12 PM »

I think 3 people have already pointed out to you how flawed your maths is, winning 3 x 30% shots is 65.7% now assuming you can take 3 shots, you would need a 7m-1m chip lead to do this (7mv1m,6mv2m,4mv4m). Are you seriously telling me that with a 7-1 lead you are happy to take 2-1? (66%) Surely you are taking the piss?

Now lets say you are getting it in 40/60 then you are 78.4% to win over the 3 events, again are you happy taking 4-1 with our 7-1 lead?

If you have the chip lead you can apply the pressure on your opponent to make the crazy moves, you have the lead and patience. Lets imagine you let them start stealing and they build up a bit of a stack but you do get 2 shots in at 70-30, well then you are a 91% fave, 2x 60-40 then you are 84% fave. And thats sacraficing a 'shot'

I hope i have gone some way to explainng why a good player such as Andy Bloch or Chip Reese will wait it out when they have the lead.

I must add however there are times when i will just stick it in, and thats if my oppo is outplaying me. At that point your best bet is just to stick it in and hope to get in on a 40-60, as a player playing the streets better than you is far better than 60%!

Flushy making two great posts within a couple of hours of each other, what the hell is going on?

bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2006, 11:29:47 PM »

yeah great stuff updaters

even better from flushy

remind me when we r HU if ever......

u know ur stuff

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: