blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 12, 2024, 11:33:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272989 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP Main Event 2006 - Day 1c - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Main Event 2006 - Day 1c - Interactive  (Read 76742 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #300 on: July 31, 2006, 03:56:35 AM »

Hello Puzzler000 and welcome to Blonde.

As Dingdell said, the problems are two fold. 1) the size of the thing and 2) the fact Cardplayer paid to be the official media reporters and have lots of updaters covering the arena (the vast majority of which have done no updating of this kind before and so get things wrong).

What Snoopy and Jen do try and provide is coverage of the British players (which Cardplayer only do if your name starts with Devil and ends with Fish). I think they do a tremendous service given the circumstances, which is provided to you, dear Puzzler000, for the princely sum of zero pounds.

As an example of the fantastic service Cardplayer provides, at the end of play last night we were asked to write our hometown on our chip bags so Cardplayer could include the info on the updates. I wrote 'LONDON, ENGLAND' on my chip bag.

Here's my page at Cardplayer - http://www.cardplayer.com/players/results/Andrew_Tracey/44644
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:59:56 AM by AndrewT » Logged
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 31, 2006, 03:57:54 AM »

I agree They do a great job, no a fantastic job - I just think Blonde as a whole should of prepared better, to provide a decent service on such a tournament.

No criticism of the updater(s) at all meant.

Before criticising I recommend asking questions. Had you asked what had been done and what was possible you may now be saying what a miracle it was that the updating is as good as it is. Card player have got unrestricted acess, we are only allowed a small number of reporters.

Card player are also well funded, have magazine sales etc. Blonde? No magazines, no subs. Where does the money come from to send updaters to Vegas? Not from us, the readers, so think on before criticising. They are working long hours, sleeping under tables sometimes to get 10 mins, and none of it could have been improved on unless there was a bigger budget and the WSOP/Card player changed their reporting policies.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:05:38 AM by Dingdell » Logged
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #302 on: July 31, 2006, 04:05:33 AM »

I know a degree of nepotism exists on this site, and I appreciate the (1!?) updaters have a difficult job( and they're good journalists) . But this is the WSOP MAIN EVENT. tHE BIGGEST EVENT IN POKER, EVER - Call yourselves a major player on the PokerWebsite scene but this is a joke.

1 person updating (whos gone for a curry) - Don't pretend this is a good updating service. You guys should of been better prepared, thers's an awful lot of people logged on in the UK for info and we're just not getting it.

Who's playing? who's out? Chip counts? Incidents? Exit quotes? ....................................

This is the BIGGEST EVENT EVER IN POKER. We get a more informed uodate for A £300 event @ Luton.

I didn't have a curry, the Indian restaurant was too busy
Pirus

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 31, 2006, 04:06:31 AM »

I know a degree of nepotism exists on this site, and I appreciate the (1!?) updaters have a difficult job( and they're good journalists) . But this is the WSOP MAIN EVENT. tHE BIGGEST EVENT IN POKER, EVER - Call yourselves a major player on the PokerWebsite scene but this is a joke.

1 person updating (whos gone for a curry) - Don't pretend this is a good updating service. You guys should of been better prepared, thers's an awful lot of people logged on in the UK for info and we're just not getting it.

Who's playing? who's out? Chip counts? Incidents? Exit quotes? ....................................

This is the BIGGEST EVENT EVER IN POKER. We get a more informed uodate for A £300 event @ Luton.

Thats a shame Sad what did you have instead?
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2006, 04:07:33 AM »

Thats a shame Sad what did you have instead?

a bottle of Corona
Pirus

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 31, 2006, 04:08:08 AM »

lol sounds like my sort of meal!
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 31, 2006, 04:09:32 AM »

Can I just say that the Card Player site doesn't even have dinner updates - we are ahead yet again! Well done Snoops on an excellent meal report - concise and to the point.
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 31, 2006, 04:13:33 AM »

Hello Puzzler000 and welcome to Blonde.

As Dingdell said, the problems are two fold. 1) the size of the thing and 2) the fact Cardplayer paid to be the official media reporters and have lots of updaters covering the arena (the vast majority of which have done no updating of this kind before and so get things wrong).

What Snoopy and Jen do try and provide is coverage of the British players (which Cardplayer only do if your name starts with Devil and ends with Fish). I think they do a tremendous service given the circumstances, which is provided to you, dear Puzzler000, for the princely sum of zero pounds.

As an example of the fantastic service Cardplayer provides, at the end of play last night we were asked to write our hometown on our chip bags so Cardplayer could include the info on the updates. I wrote 'LONDON, ENGLAND' on my chip bag.

Here's my page at Cardplayer - http://www.cardplayer.com/players/results/Andrew_Tracey/44644

Does that mean you will have to pay tax on any winnings then?!
Puzzler000
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 31, 2006, 04:15:06 AM »

Whether it's a criticism or an observation it had to be said. I know Jen and Snoopy do a great job. I just think Blonde as a whole should of given them some support. What happens on other sites is irrelevant to my point....If you know for sure that Blonde does not posess the funds to give a better service then I have to respect your informed opinion, - End of beef
The Sweeney

"I am utterly and abjectly pissed off"

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2006, 04:16:33 AM »

One small point Mr.Puzzler, it's "should have"

"We're the Sweeney, son, and we haven't had any dinner yet, so unless you want a kickin'..."
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2006, 04:17:00 AM »

Whether it's a criticism or an observation it had to be said. I know Jen and Snoopy do a great job. I just think Blonde as a whole should of given them some support. What happens on other sites is irrelevant to my point....If you know for sure that Blonde does not posess the funds to give a better service then I have to respect your informed opinion, - End of beef

You would know it too had you asked first.....jumping to conclusions is my pet hate, informed debate is preferable.  Cool
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 04:19:51 AM by Dingdell » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2006, 04:17:55 AM »

puzzler blonde would have to out bid worldwide magazine "cardplayer" to be able to give a decent service and then hire and pay expenses for a team of 20-30 updaters i know for a fact blonde doesnt have the fund to do this

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Pirus

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 31, 2006, 04:19:31 AM »

Well in my opinion im getting better udpates here than I am on cardplayer.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #313 on: July 31, 2006, 04:19:53 AM »

You're missing the point.

With the exception of ESPN and CardPlayer, they restrict the number of media passes you can have.

Without this pass, you can't get anywhere near the tables or the media room.

Funds aside, this policy limits our man power.

There is nothing we can do about that.
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2006, 04:20:15 AM »

Play has just recommenced.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: