blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:36:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272772 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 68 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Launch of the Amateur Poker Association & Tour (APAT)  (Read 132714 times)
thediceman

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: August 17, 2006, 12:51:14 PM »

Subsequently there were many people posting on this thread who stated that they would not be happy with known "faces" such as myself playing in these events.

I know I was one of the people that said I would not be happy if the live events, which I understand are primarily aimed to encourage the grassroots players to play live, involved regular faces on the live festival scene just because they wanted to play in the APAT events just because they sounded like fun. I dared to suggest a cut off point but clearly this upset some people but then again whatever cut off point is decided upon will upset some people. Personally Karabiner I would say you should be allowed to play as your not I believe a regular festival player and only play small stakes poker. The people I don't believe should be playing in the APAT's live events are those familar names which appear at a numourous festival events. Must say I did laugh when someone posted that some people just want it to involve "untalented" players. I've not read anybody suggest that but then again it is fairly common for some members of blonde to make things up to suit their arguement as opposed to addressing actual views expressed. 

Like IMF has stated I shall wait to here what the classification the APAT uses becauses if it is open to all their is not much point in me joining. Not because I fear playing against anybobdy as I have played already played against several high profile players but with little or no chance of playing in the live events I am left with the decision do I join to play in the online events and to have a voice in the APATS defining of a better poker environment ie rules, structures, etc, etc. As a result of the online comps being held on a Saturday, a regular night out for the diceman and in the knowledge that the APAT will acheive it's goals with or without my membership I shall keep my £10 for a few extra pints as membership does not offer me anything.

Additionally I still believe with all the live and online competition points being included to find the ultimate amateur player I believe it has more to do with luck than skill as some people may get to play more live events or alternatively the winner will be Mr Billy "no mates" who never goes out on a Saturday night.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 17, 2006, 01:11:04 PM »

Additionally I still believe with all the live and online competition points being included to find the ultimate amateur player I believe it has more to do with luck than skill as some people may get to play more live events or alternatively the winner will be Mr Billy "no mates" who never goes out on a Saturday night.

I disagree with the winner winning the prize due to luck rather than skill and i think you'll find that the online winner will be Mr Monkey "no mates" - not Mr Billy.......... Smiley

I haven't paid the full subscription - only the online version as thanks to their being 26 online tourneys against the 7 live (and of those 7 live there wont be many players getting chance to play more than 2 live events) i think the overall points winner will come from someone who plays predominantly online. And seeing as how the tournaments are being played on "home" territory in my back yard it would be rude not to join in!!

sponsored by Fyffes
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 17, 2006, 01:19:41 PM »

can someone confirm what time Saturday's game on Stars is?  I've done a quick search on here and check APAT's website, but think I must be having a  coz I can't find it!  Thank you!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Bainn
The Preacher

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 17, 2006, 01:21:30 PM »

I think it is 8pm Claw

"Decerno, exsequor"

"It's nothing personal, just business."
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 17, 2006, 01:29:58 PM »

I think it is 8pm Claw

This is correct - it appears on the Pokerstars website as 15:00et which is 8pm our time.

sponsored by Fyffes
Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 17, 2006, 05:22:16 PM »

Either way i can't make it as I will be at Goodwood. Good luck everyone taking part.  thumbs up
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 19, 2006, 06:58:29 AM »

Ian, we have forumlated our policy on signing up for Event 1...it is just being finalised and will be posted here in the next 48 hours

We beleive we have established the most equitable way possible to cope with te massive excess of demand for seats over supply

48 hours from when?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 19, 2006, 09:23:19 AM »

Ian, we have forumlated our policy on signing up for Event 1...it is just being finalised and will be posted here in the next 48 hours

We beleive we have established the most equitable way possible to cope with te massive excess of demand for seats over supply

48 hours from when?

Apologies for delay, the spare half-hour or so I need to Post this information keeps disappearing, it's been a hectic 3 days, & I'm off to Brighton shortly. Bear with me please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 19, 2006, 01:26:57 PM »

ah a rainy weekend in Brighton.......what fun

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 19, 2006, 07:28:10 PM »

Well reg and paid the full £10, but can not reg forgame tonight as have no password.. anyone assist here ?..cheers

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 19, 2006, 08:12:08 PM »

Well reg and paid the full £10, but can not reg forgame tonight as have no password.. anyone assist here ?..cheers

I hope this information got to you in the nick of time via Ironside Maureen

Good luck to all the blondes playing in the first online event tongiht

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 19, 2006, 08:20:34 PM »

thanks Tighty...

we gots a thread going in the online section, too.

monkeymatt currently 2nd CL...

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
bigalhx1

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 19, 2006, 09:10:02 PM »

does anyone have any information on how to register for the 1st live event as i am going on holliday tomorrow and could do with finding out
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 19, 2006, 09:15:24 PM »

does anyone have any information on how to register for the 1st live event as i am going on holliday tomorrow and could do with finding out

I am assuming you have joined apat and registered an interest in the first tournament

If so you will be entered into an independently scrutineered ballot for the 120 places and have 5 days from once you are informed by email you are in to pay or else the seat goes to a reserve

tikay will post everything that has been decided if he ever stops off the poker circuit!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
RioRodent

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 19, 2006, 09:17:49 PM »

Any idea how many names are currently in the hat?

£10 to £10k Challenge

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 ... 68 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: