blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Taxi For Strachan....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taxi For Strachan....  (Read 9445 times)
crip17

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2006, 02:50:27 PM »

Money which was of course generatde by both clubs and their respective supporters.

I do agree Hearts (potential) rise will be good for the game. That said, I would still be happier with a British League. It is no different to Swansea and Cardiff being in the league.

If that doesnt happen, a bigger SPL but only playing each other twice. The smaller clubs would never agree to that though.

And Monkey Donkey, the "Championi" was not directed at todays result. At the minute you look in disarray. Strachan is not the man. I am big enough to admit O'Neill was a great manager, and would have said it at the time but, Strachan is another John Barnes in waiting. I mean, come on, he is taking advice from Tommy Burns who was hardingly a roaring success for you guys. I said to my buddy on the first day, we may see a stronger threat from Hearts this year. Having Burley in charge will also mean they can bring in bigger playres than they normally would have done. It is far too early yet, you have to say, 5 points behind Hearts for you at theis time of the season is not good. (nor us three points)

You must feel like a right plunker now.   IMAO  @ we may see a stronger threat from hearts this year.    It was too easy and give a shout for that taxi  looooooool

perfect practice makes practice perfect
Cybertim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2006, 03:51:49 PM »

AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh   there is a balance to the force.. All is well and good has once again triumphed over evil....     tell you what though..the next Hearts and Gers match is going to be a belter
raab11

they call me the hat

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2006, 04:08:01 PM »

im dissapointed......

only 20 pts clear,

league won with only 6 games to go,

when u think how poor everyone else has been this is a shocking state of affairs.

ah well.....

CHAMPIONEES[/color][/b]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 04:10:34 PM by raab11 » Logged

"poker is like sex, everyone thinks they are the best but most don't know what they're doing"
Dutch Boyd
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2006, 06:12:36 PM »

guys you all know the fine line i take with old firm threads if you cant play nice i will remove the thread and i WILL suspended or ban the offening member/members

celtic fans have earned the right for jubilation and they can mock the rest of us mortals and next season when aberdeen win the league we can do the same back but keep it nice

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2006, 07:56:58 PM »

Firstly.... Congratualtions. Not quite the exciting finale of last year but... The one bright thing from last night is that we have the fainest hope of getting a Chamions league place which, i hasten to add, we don't deserve (although the last few weeks have been pretty good). And the good news is, no more A Mc. I actually did post somewhere in October / November that we are crap for what it is worth.
Secondly, Ironside, lay off the drugs. "when aberdeen win the league". You realise the chance of you getting relegetaed are slim (jim) right :-)
Yep, i made the post, i take the flack now.
BUT... if you take out the middle 30 games, we would have won it! LOLOL

jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2006, 08:02:24 PM »

Money which was of course generatde by both clubs and their respective supporters.

I do agree Hearts (potential) rise will be good for the game. That said, I would still be happier with a British League. It is no different to Swansea and Cardiff being in the league.

If that doesnt happen, a bigger SPL but only playing each other twice. The smaller clubs would never agree to that though.

And Monkey Donkey, the "Championi" was not directed at todays result. At the minute you look in disarray. Strachan is not the man. I am big enough to admit O'Neill was a great manager, and would have said it at the time but, Strachan is another John Barnes in waiting. I mean, come on, he is taking advice from Tommy Burns who was hardingly a roaring success for you guys. I said to my buddy on the first day, we may see a stronger threat from Hearts this year. Having Burley in charge will also mean they can bring in bigger playres than they normally would have done. It is far too early yet, you have to say, 5 points behind Hearts for you at theis time of the season is not good. (nor us three points)

You must feel like a right plunker now.   IMAO  @ we may see a stronger threat from hearts this year.    It was too easy and give a shout for that taxi  looooooool

I still stand by my comment that Strachan is no Martin O'Neill and if you recall, you were calling for his head after a week of the season... Martin O'Neill was a great Manager and will no doubt be again (not sure of the latest on his wife). I think pretty much anyone could have done it for you this year. We were piss poor for most of season and Hearts seem to have a huge self destruct button (at least the powers that be have).

No arguement from me, you were by far and away the best team throughout the season.

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2006, 08:04:37 PM »

Secondly, Ironside, lay off the drugs. "when aberdeen win the league". You realise the chance of you getting relegetaed are slim (jim) right :-)

i will bump this post in 11 months time when we win the league you do know we wont take as long as celtic to finish off the league

SKIPPYSKIP

He who DARES, WINS !!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2006, 09:16:36 PM »

MICKEY MOUSE FOOTBALL
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2006, 09:16:38 PM »

i will bump this post in 11 months time when we win the league you do know we wont take as long as celtic to finish off the league

You better make that 22 months mate, need tow ait till you leave the big league and win the first division.

In response to the point about AMrtin O'Neil he had a few excellents easons but IMO he wasn't a great manager.  Great managers know when to move bad players on, they also don't pay top wages to players past their best neither do they play players out of position to the detriment of the team so they dont get moaned at.

I wouldn't say Strachan was a great manager eother but I may be proved wrong.

When wee Gordon arrived I had a mixture of emotions for months previous and aven after Seville I thought it was time for O'Neill to move on, and Iw anted strachan in.  However the Ginger one made a comment on the BBC about Aiden McGeady thatwas borderline racist wether he meant it as a joke is another issue and at that point I had my reservations about him.  However when he got the job I gave him a 100% support, and when some Celtic fans where wanting him out after 2 games I continued to support saying he deserved time I feel justified in that assessement now.  These same celtic fans where the guys who wanted Larrson out after his slack pass to Chico Charnley in his first game against Hibs, no doubt thsese are also the same supporters who never knew Celtic actually existed before the Bunnet came along.

Some of us remember the bad times at celtic park and are thankful for the good times we have had.

Beir Bua!

thetank

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2006, 09:35:41 PM »

You better make that 22 months mate, need tow ait till you leave the big league and win the first division.

Never been relegated Aberdeen.  Cool

Now that truly is dreaming

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2006, 09:36:49 PM »

tank let them mock now this post will still be here when we walk the league

RFC

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2006, 09:37:24 PM »

Blonde means a lot to me
When you cry, I cry
When you laugh, I laugh
When you jump out of a window , I laugh again
scottm

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2006, 09:47:50 PM »

Sure thing - and we'll be the runners up !!
CelticGeezeer

Viva la Quinta Brigada

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2006, 09:53:33 PM »

I can still remember the good ole days when rangers  were the 2nd best team in the SPL.  stirthepot stirthepot

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." - Dom Helder Camara
steeley68

Still a Jagsfan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2006, 09:56:20 PM »

Aye, the second division is better any way... come and join us - we aint goin anywhere!

I love....LAMP!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: