blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:52:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Taxi For Strachan....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Taxi For Strachan....  (Read 8966 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2005, 02:18:51 PM »

And not ONE of you mentioned that The Bees are runaway leaders of League One.

They'll get their comeuppance on September 3rd Wink

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005, 05:37:03 PM »

Div - I take exception to your comment that I "could have been lifted over the turnstiles"...I could have crawled under them, lol. But, I prefer present than the past. I look forwards not backwards. Champions.  Wink

Kev - None of us have even mentioned religion, I find it ironic that (as is often the case) someone on the 'outside' brings it up, he he. In all seriousness on this subject, views do differ greatly depending on whom you speak to. I am all for singing the songs and creating the atmosphere INSIDE the ground but when the whistle goes, I am quite happy to go outside and shake hands (with other Rangers fans  Wink )

renny999 - I must be honest and say I have heard MANY reasons for the phrase, the most common of which seems to be something along the lines of its a patriotic saying towards the monarchy, i.e. We are the people of the Queen (or indeed King). If you know better 'conclusively' I would be delighted to hear it.

I actually do believe there was a gulf between us on Saturday, granted you only had 10 men but before then, I was full of confidence. If Lovenkrands had brought his boots, it could have been embarassing for you.

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2005, 06:57:36 PM »

Div - I take exception to your comment that I "could have been lifted over the turnstiles"...I could have crawled under them, lol. But, I prefer present than the past. I look forwards not backwards. Champions.  Wink

Kev - None of us have even mentioned religion, I find it ironic that (as is often the case) someone on the 'outside' brings it up, he he. In all seriousness on this subject, views do differ greatly depending on whom you speak to. I am all for singing the songs and creating the atmosphere INSIDE the ground but when the whistle goes, I am quite happy to go outside and shake hands (with other Rangers fans  Wink )

renny999 - I must be honest and say I have heard MANY reasons for the phrase, the most common of which seems to be something along the lines of its a patriotic saying towards the monarchy, i.e. We are the people of the Queen (or indeed King). If you know better 'conclusively' I would be delighted to hear it.

I actually do believe there was a gulf between us on Saturday, granted you only had 10 men but before then, I was full of confidence. If Lovenkrands had brought his boots, it could have been embarassing for you.

To be fair you were the one looking back with your Xamax comment from 10 years ago, does Victoria Zizkov sound familiar  Shocked

Re religion thats the most sensible thing you've said. Its got nothing to do with it for the vast majority & definately not for the Tims I know on this board. The irony here is the comment was made from someone who has from the first day I joined this board made anti Scottish comments at every opportunity possible. It may be done in jest but thats not the point, it doesnt offend me as I'm not particularly patriotic but it may offend others. For him to then jump in start telling people not to bring religion into this shows that he doesnt know what hes talking about also that he has double standards.

Because it was 10 v 11 for so long we will have to wait another 3 months before we see if there is the gulf that you believe exists, personally I dont see it but time will tell.
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2005, 08:06:59 PM »

Probably because I was fuming with the referee. Ricksen shouldnt have been sent off (and maybe even not booked for one of them)
  That's what I love about Huns fans, totally clueless about footy.  Grin
fatshaft

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2005, 08:09:23 PM »

We know the world is against us but will win the league anyway.
Well at least you've got that bit right. Pity the refs and SFA are not in the same world as the rest of us, then we'd at least get a level playing field with you lot some of the time.
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005, 12:32:29 AM »

"The irony here is the comment was made from someone who has from the first day I joined this board made anti Scottish comments at every opportunity possible. It may be done in jest but thats not the point, it doesnt offend me as I'm not particularly patriotic but it may offend others."

I actually took the comment as tongue in cheek. I believe all on this forum are having a bit of fun (and I am British not Scottish  Wink) BUT you have raised a very intresting point. Lets for example substitute nations, say Scottish for Indian.  (I don't mean a "sweaty Indian" instead of "sweaty sock"/Jock before Red-Dog says that!) It would be a completely different issue and I would imagine that the post would be removed from the board. I hope nobody is offended by the comments though, I think they are in much the same vain as taking the fun out of the "Blackpool" lot, only more regionalised. (and probably more comedy material is available for the Blackpool lot  Wink)

Maybe this topic has started to get a little "heavy" now. We are covering all topics this last week or so, LOL.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005, 12:59:17 AM »

With regard to the "anti Scottish comments" they were never intended to be regarded as Anti scottish, and it concerns me that they may have been viewed in this way. It was all typed with tongue firmly in cheek, and if anyone has been offended then i unreservedly apologise to the Jocks concerned.

As far as the religion comment in my original post, it was meant in the way that football threads never end in agreement , much like threads on religion or politics ... you are right when you say that i know nothing about the religion issues surrounding Rangers and Celtic, and whats more i have no desire to learn.  The fact that you jumped on this part of my post rather implies that you care about it more than you would like to admit.

My original post was a light hearted attempt to remind you to keep it "reasonably" friendly and im sorry if you couldnt see that, perhaps if you read it again you will see it in the spirit which it was meant.

any personal issues or double standards issues that you wish to discuss would be happily discussed via personal message... feel free to do so.

Again, apologies to anyone who feels offended, it was never my intention.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 01:22:26 AM by Colchester Kev » Logged

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005, 06:22:15 AM »

Isn't it extraordinary how "hot" things become when Celtic & Rangers are breing debated?

Yet there is raely such interest in Brentford. One has to wonder why.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2005, 10:59:41 AM »

Re religion thats the most sensible thing you've said. Its got nothing to do with it for the vast majority & definately not for the Tims I know on this board.

Anyone else see the complete and total ignorance of irony in that post....  Roll Eyes
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2005, 11:04:57 AM »

Re religion thats the most sensible thing you've said. Its got nothing to do with it for the vast majority & definately not for the Tims I know on this board.

Anyone else see the complete and total ignorance of irony in that post....  Roll Eyes

Nope, I know muslim, christian & athiest Tims.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2005, 04:41:23 PM »

you are right when you say that i know nothing about the religion issues surrounding Rangers and Celtic, and whats more i have no desire to learn.  The fact that you jumped on this part of my post rather implies that you care about it more than you would like to admit.

Cheesy

Stop looking for things that aren't there.
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2005, 04:42:23 PM »

Eh no

But I can see it in yours  Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2005, 06:07:59 PM »

Good to see it rained last night, the garden needed it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jbsc7769

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 06:13:47 PM »

Good to see it rained last night, the garden needed it.

Very subtle indeed......

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2005, 06:18:35 PM »

Standard procedure from the blonde Rapid Response Unit when things look like they might boil over......I am rostered for this shift, see.....We will be on steam engines, septic tanks or Lawyers fees before you know it.

So jbsc7769, what footie team do you support?

PS - Joke - I BEG you, don't answer that........

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: