blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:36:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Strategy to beat this game
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Strategy to beat this game  (Read 3377 times)
johnlarsson
Big Jzer

Off duty clown

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 05:04:53 PM »

i think billy means   he has a good hand and is potting.  it is £9 for everyone else to call and ppl are doing it with shit and hitting and he must fold

if someone was potting with shit into billy then great he can re-pot all his money almost

my profile is number 1888  ha ha ha lmao
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 05:07:34 PM »

Surely if it's £9 to call then you can repot it with premiums for a decent amount and thin the field somewhat?

The loose players were callinmg stations, so to repot it was not working, I had Aces called allin to a pot, pot, pot ect allin to £50 with   ,  I think one of the other hands was Q 2 off also, Like I said I tried the standard moves of repot to thin the field, but to no avail, To give you an idea, the loose players play omaha 6 turn for £50 per hand, theu get the cards delt and everyone is in for £50 and they tuen the cards, who ever has the best hand wins, so a small game means nothing, they were there to gamble as much a possible.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 08:33:33 PM »

Well it looks like no one else has a strategy other than a deep pocket for this type of table, more opinions would be appreciated though.

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 08:45:03 PM »

You're in here asking how to beat a 25p/50p cash game and you're calling me a fish??   pffffft

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 08:55:26 PM »

You're in here asking how to beat a 25p/50p cash game and you're calling me a fish??   pffffft

Last night it was not a 25 / 50 cash game, it was spiraling out of control

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 08:59:53 PM »

John made the point during the game last night that, you reach a point in this specific game where people go nuts, chase their lost money and other people use their stacks to call down anything.  The game then reaches a point where everyone has some sort of stack and there is less gambling and more poker.  If you're sitting down you need to try to ride out the gambling phase if you're not willing to gamble.  Getting people out with big hands is just a PL strategy that you may need to work on.  Sometimes just betting the pot at every possible opportunity like a fish isnt the best way to go.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Jinky04

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 09:49:37 PM »

I had Aces called allin to a pot, pot, pot ect allin to £50 with  ,  I think one of the other hands was Q 2 off also

What's the problem here? You should be shaking these guys hands and telling them to pop back next time  Cheesy
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2006, 09:51:13 PM »

I had Aces called allin to a pot, pot, pot ect allin to £50 with  ,  I think one of the other hands was Q 2 off also

What's the problem here? You should be shaking these guys hands and telling them to pop back next time  Cheesy

Hell i want that call from 1 person not from 3 or 4, Yes its the call i want but not multi way.

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2006, 10:47:36 PM »

Ususally people want to be heads up with Aces when there are still plenty chips to bet.

If you're pretty much stacking off pre-flop (nice work if you can get it) the more callers the better.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 11:07:25 PM »

Ususally people want to be heads up with Aces when there are still plenty chips to bet.

If you're pretty much stacking off pre-flop (nice work if you can get it) the more callers the better.

He ain't wrong, this sounds like a dream table. I don't really know what you are asking about you said you are playing TAG, the hardest thing for a TAG is getting paid off, that seems easy here.....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 12:07:01 AM »

Maybe it just was not my night, I could not crack the table and none of my hands stood up, Probably best that I left the game before i tilted off a load of money, I was pretty sure it was a case of variance, but I was not prepared to go any deeper than 3 buyins to crack the table.

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
fergus8

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 07:06:36 AM »

passive play is best
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 09:02:06 PM »

This game is E V I L... don't play it.

Loosing £250 in a 25p/50p game is sick.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 01:49:15 PM »

This game is E V I L... don't play it.

Loosing £250 in a 25p/50p game is sick.

Winning £250 in it must be pretty cool Cheesy

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: