blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:49:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cash Game Hand - Opinions
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cash Game Hand - Opinions  (Read 2552 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2006, 12:59:55 PM »

Heres the deal we're playing 25/50p at the cincin.

Its one of those games where to see a flop your calling a pot raise every other hand, the big hands weren't holding up at either table so I decided to get creative and play some more speculative hands.  On the button I find and raise the pot but get 5 callers. SB checks BB bets a £10 and there are two more callers £10 the flop had come three clubs now I call the £10 and make it another £30 to go.  I thought they might be drawing maybe had TP.

The SB who had been playing trash for a while and pissing all his chips away and re-raises all in for another £24.50 and then  we get a fold and another caller.  Now the guy that calls before its my turn to act is the only player who can do me damage I was down about 70 early doors and managed to claw that back as well as my rebuys from an earlier tourney and was showing profit overall from the cash game. 

If I call I know he moves all in no matter what hits the turn, if I calls there is a massive pot to be won if i have them both beat, if I end up with it all in the middle at this point then I am struggling for taxi fare home.

What do you do on that board and with the sums in the pot?

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 01:25:57 PM »

I ship it in. I stop worrying about if i am up or not in the game, and i curse myself for not leaving a tenner in my pocket for the taxi.....

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 10:24:31 PM »

I dwelled for about 4-5 minutes and talked myself out of making the call.

SB turns over K 2 no club and the other yin turns over A 2 with nut flush draw needless to say no clubs hit the turn or river and I passed what would have been the winning hand!!

I was raging with myself for not making the call, after that I went to the toilet to wash my face and realised I had another £40 in my back pocket that I must have put away earlier in the night and totally forgot about.

bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 09:17:23 AM »

u gotta shove em in and pray the last club doesnt fall to beat urs

u have a made flush regardless of ur 2 being low

chances are the ace or king is out there but hey it's never easy...lol

plus u have invested a load anyway

all in for me

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
jezza777

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »

You can't pass here even if the is out there which it clearly is then you cant pass.
sharpy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 01:30:16 PM »

You have entered the hand with suited connectors and flopped the flush.It is why you enterd the hand isn't it?

You have got to be commited in hands like these otherwise all you will end up doing is slowly throw money away.Long term getting your chips in the middle in this situation has got to be a winning play.If your personnal situation at the time ie,(taxi fare home)dictates that you won't be able to commit to the hand then,hole cards like suited connectors should go straight in the muck.Always think ahead about likely scenerios before you enter the pot and what youre prepared to do with the hand.
  In this instance anyone holding the  is not going anywhere and more than often push all-in to try a nd take the pot down there and then,you've entered the pot and hit the flop,you've got to go with it.

Play Up Pompey
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 01:55:12 PM »

The taxi fare was a tongue in cheek comment!

I had the taxi fare and if the worse had come to the worse then it was almost 7 in the morning the buses where running again   Cheesy

I hit the flop, and to be honest I thought my bet of £30 would have got rid of all the players alolowing me to take down the pot.  Had it not been for the 2nd player coming in with the I would have called instantly, I had tw oreasons for not calling.

1:  I didn't want to loose all my chips - I felt I could have used them and got into a better situation.
2: I actually thought I was behind.

Trix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »

no way i could lay down a flush here. instant call
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 02:42:53 PM »

1:  I didn't want to loose all my chips - I felt I could have used them and got into a better situation.
2: I actually thought I was behind.

1 very bad reason, 1 very good reason.

It's a cash game, forget about using ur chips to find a better edge, you can just rebuy.

You think you are behind, go with it, there is a lot of action here it is deffo possible you are behind.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 07:56:13 PM »

I think you're annoyed for the fact that you would have taken the pot having seen what the other 2 had.  I think the fold is a very reasonable move(any club or the board pairing has you dead) although I think you should maybe have thought about what you would do if you're faced with a reraise before putting in the extra £30.  For me, once you put in that £30 you've got to be prepared to fire the rest in, if you werent, you couldve called and watch the blank come down on the turn, the 2 other guys were always still gonna stick it in on the turn and I think you would have too.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
geeforce1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 04:08:50 AM »

I think you're annoyed for the fact that you would have taken the pot having seen what the other 2 had.  I think the fold is a very reasonable move(any club or the board pairing has you dead) although I think you should maybe have thought about what you would do if you're faced with a reraise before putting in the extra £30.  For me, once you put in that £30 you've got to be prepared to fire the rest in, if you werent, you couldve called and watch the blank come down on the turn, the 2 other guys were always still gonna stick it in on the turn and I think you would have too.

i cant see that calling to watch a danger card hit is a good move. if the board pairs or a club hits you (and probably rightly) will be put off. imo, push and charge em for their draws. if you are already beat fair enough, and if u get outdrawn ul.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 11:37:50 AM »

i cant see that calling to watch a danger card hit is a good move. if the board pairs or a club hits you (and probably rightly) will be put off. imo, push and charge em for their draws. if you are already beat fair enough, and if u get outdrawn ul.

yeah I have to agree. if you call with suited connectors pre-flop you can't complain about the flush hitting on the flop...what else did you want to hit?

All chips have to go in every single time...you'll ussually end up winning the hand.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
johnlarsson
Big Jzer

Off duty clown

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 01:26:14 PM »

gotta call, gotta call. altho if ure down and won some back and the guy whos in can take all you money., there is always that little part of u thinking dam.

but gotta call. altho there was a few outs if you did call for them to hit

who was it?

my profile is number 1888  ha ha ha lmao
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 01:45:02 PM »

gotta call, gotta call. altho if ure down and won some back and the guy whos in can take all you money., there is always that little part of u thinking dam.

but gotta call. altho there was a few outs if you did call for them to hit

who was it?

I'm guessing someone who wasn't as big a fish as bandit Wink

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
johnlarsson
Big Jzer

Off duty clown

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 01:46:40 PM »

we r all fish in the 25p 50p  pot limit game. its a flop game......

my profile is number 1888  ha ha ha lmao
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: