blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:08:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Cash Game Hand - Opinions
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cash Game Hand - Opinions  (Read 2548 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 07:07:52 PM »

gotta call, gotta call. altho if ure down and won some back and the guy whos in can take all you money., there is always that little part of u thinking dam.

but gotta call. altho there was a few outs if you did call for them to hit

who was it?

Chemical Ali!!

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »

I think you're annoyed for the fact that you would have taken the pot having seen what the other 2 had.  I think the fold is a very reasonable move(any club or the board pairing has you dead) although I think you should maybe have thought about what you would do if you're faced with a reraise before putting in the extra £30.  For me, once you put in that £30 you've got to be prepared to fire the rest in, if you werent, you couldve called and watch the blank come down on the turn, the 2 other guys were always still gonna stick it in on the turn and I think you would have too.

i cant see that calling to watch a danger card hit is a good move. if the board pairs or a club hits you (and probably rightly) will be put off. imo, push and charge em for their draws. if you are already beat fair enough, and if u get outdrawn ul.

I agree that pushing is probably the best option, but Bandit says he wasnt sure(and ultimately didnt) if he was willing to risk the bigger flush or another draw hitting.  On the flop he couldve flat called for £10 and saw the turn(which was a complete blank) but instead raised £30, if he had thought that he might fold to a reraise for his £30 then, imo, its a viable option to flat call instead.  I think if Bandit flat calls this and the blank hits the turn he'd feel safer pushing the rest in, going the extra £30 just to fold was the mistake here imo.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 09:35:29 PM »

I think you're annoyed for the fact that you would have taken the pot having seen what the other 2 had.  I think the fold is a very reasonable move(any club or the board pairing has you dead) although I think you should maybe have thought about what you would do if you're faced with a reraise before putting in the extra £30.  For me, once you put in that £30 you've got to be prepared to fire the rest in, if you werent, you couldve called and watch the blank come down on the turn, the 2 other guys were always still gonna stick it in on the turn and I think you would have too.

i cant see that calling to watch a danger card hit is a good move. if the board pairs or a club hits you (and probably rightly) will be put off. imo, push and charge em for their draws. if you are already beat fair enough, and if u get outdrawn ul.

I agree that pushing is probably the best option, but Bandit says he wasnt sure(and ultimately didnt) if he was willing to risk the bigger flush or another draw hitting.  On the flop he couldve flat called for £10 and saw the turn(which was a complete blank) but instead raised £30, if he had thought that he might fold to a reraise for his £30 then, imo, its a viable option to flat call instead.  I think if Bandit flat calls this and the blank hits the turn he'd feel safer pushing the rest in, going the extra £30 just to fold was the mistake here imo.

I agree with that Boba, but I wanted to get heads up with Brian and if it was only him I call instantly, but when Ali also called thats when the doubt started to creep in. 

Next time!!!

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: